Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got two aims for the H2 in 2016 - first of all to run under 10 seconds over 1/4 mile and secondly to go over 200 mph

Sounds fairly simple but I live on a small island with a 40 mph speed limit - no nice long drag strips over here so a trip across the pond to the UK is called for.

After a bit of homework the plans are to do two days over the 1/4 mile at Shakespeare County Raceway (or Long Marston as it used to be known when I last visited back in the 80's !!) on 11/12 June, followed by a Top Speed Day at Elvington on 14 June.

I'll be travelling light and riding the bike to both events - it costs enough to get a bike to the UK and back, let alone the cost of taking a van !

Anyone else up for joining me at the events ?

Now I need to get my ECU shipped over to the US and get some sprockets ordered ..........

·
Registered
787 Posts
I really need to do the IOM this year. A lot to consider here but my worse scenario is a motolug trailer. I have a tyre that needs finishing,, the rim has a slight buckle. It will be fine for a blow out burn out!!! I know,,,, mad as a box of frogs. If mine get rebuilt it will be with a stretched out rear .

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I will be at the Elvington Events. The Top Speed Tuesdays and the weekend events, at least as many as I can get to.

I don't run quarters any more and I predict the H2 will be a bit of a wheelie monster but it should get into the nines. I even got my 2006 ZZR1400 into the nines when it was geared up in LSR mode.

I sent my ECU to Brock, he gives a pretty quick turnaround and is THE man.

If you get to Elvington the paddock is quite small so you won't miss me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be at the Elvington Events. The Top Speed Tuesdays and the weekend events, at least as many as I can get to.

I don't run quarters any more and I predict the H2 will be a bit of a wheelie monster but it should get into the nines. I even got my 2006 ZZR1400 into the nines when it was geared up in LSR mode.

I sent my ECU to Brock, he gives a pretty quick turnaround and is THE man.

If you get to Elvington the paddock is quite small so you won't miss me.
True - I've already tried running the H2 over our local 1/4 mile sprint course (which isn't straight .....) and it was definitely 'interesting' ! I used to do a lot of drag racing back in the early 80's and I fancy giving the H2 a run to see if it can go quicker than the 9.89 I managed on a street bike back in 1988.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you at Elvington Bob :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts