Ninja H2 banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
"hidden neutral!" LOL. If I had a TFT on there from the start,I would probably really like it....I rode that SE.The display really was just too busy for me.They may have done better just having the info saved in there(as they do) and made the screen a bit less cluttered.I **** sure aren't gonna be checking my lean or my 'bike attitude' or front/rear brake application amount while I'm riding.lol.

And I'm not quite sure why Kawasaki didn't include a 'positive N finder' on there(2015's).Seems simple to do?I was surprised at that actually.But not bummed.I added a washer between the throttle tube end and the bar end.Adjusted the bar end for a bit of friction on the tube.Works great for removing that snatchiness.So simple.Don't even notice anything's a bit different.Throttle still performs like a stock 'normal' one would be(on any other bike that is ):laugh:
This is the first Kawasski I have owned that didn't have a positive neutral finder. BUT I know why this doesn't have one. A positive neutral finder (with a 1 down X up) is some ball bearings that use centrifugal force to get out of the way when the counter shaft is moving. Those ball bearings receptacles are drilled into the gear that engages 2nd and when stopped the ball fall into holes in the shaft and gear can't engage. The H2 transmission uses dog rings and the gears do not move from side to side. A neutral finder would make the dog rings too thick and bulky and probably compromise them, and maybe bend the shift forks. The forks are very thin and a heavy foot could bend them.

My original H2's positive neutral finder was neutral was at the bottom it was a 5 up trans.

Ah...okay.I kinda thought it might have something to do with the trans configuration...but you've explained well...thanks Ted.For some odd reason,I've been able to get into 1st lately and then up to N easier.IDK why.Same as going from 2nd to N.It was for a while much easier to go 2nd/N.The other way was pretty iffy gettin it to hit straight into N.Maybe I've lightened up a bit on those shifts?IDK.

Ah...okay.I kinda thought it might have something to do with the trans configuration...but you've explained well...thanks Ted.For some odd reason,I've been able to get into 1st lately and then up to N easier.IDK why.Same as going from 2nd to N.It was for a while much easier to go 2nd/N.The other way was pretty iffy gettin it to hit straight into N.Maybe I've lightened up a bit on those shifts?IDK.

I always went from second to neutral, the only way I could do it easily without trying. From first was terrible, maybe it gets easier with mileage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason it seems easier is because the clutch is releasing better, as the clutch wears the plates flatten and smooth out and have less drag. The reason neutral is so hard to find is when the clutch is dragging a bit, it is putting pressure on the dogs, which in turn takes more pressure to release, and that extra pressure is enough to get into the next gear. The reason that going from 2nd to neutral is easier, is because you can modulate the pressure easier. To prove all of that, just stop the engine and see how easy it is to find neutral, even when the dogs like up.

Easy to find neutral when moving to a stop. Ted, have you got your map right as I want to flash mine.
Yes it is good, I made some minor adjustments in a couple of gears where I found some harshness. And I adjusted for the stock throttle tube, if you remember, before I flashed it, I ground down the throttle tube so I had more control of off idle. Now that I can map, I can go back to the stocker.
So any time you need it let me know.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.