Ninja H2 banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
I liked the exhaust can...but not enough to keep it on there.I liked the seat...but same story.I liked the power,but wanted her to breathe more.There's NOTHING about my 2015 H2 I didn't like.I have no regrets.Not one.It surpassed all my expectations.And still does.

Like:
Power.
Exhaust, yes I like it. And it stays. Lets me hear the sound of the engine.
Mechanical sounds of the engine. The blower spinning up, the blow off valve, and most of all the chirping.
Handling, this thing is perfect for me.
Seating position, I am comfy.
Paint, I didn't think I like the sparkles, now I really like them after seeing them in person.
Brakes, super controllable.
Suspension, iron's out rough road like I have never felt before. Bike is planted.
Quick shifter. Takes a bit of getting used to not using the clutch, especially downshifting.
Gearbox is fantastic, love the feel.
Clutch pull is great.
Smoothness!!!

Dislikes:
Throttle control, it is just too touchy. Have a new throttle tube ordered and will see if I can get it geared lower. I can be controlled but it takes concentration away from other things.
The display when it isn't in direct sunlight. If in direct sunlight then I like it.
Grips are too small.

Jury is still out on:
The seat. Getting used to it...maybe.
Gearing, haven't decided. Up here it doesn't wheelie in 3rd. Wouldn't want to spoil second. Although second is becoming too slow for tight corners. But third doesn't have enough pull.

2016 h2

Dislikes
Left hand Switchgear, poor position adjustment on brake and clutch levers, paint on wheels and fork bottoms is shite

Rob

Start with DON'T like:
No fuel gauge.
Expensive parts.
No power outlet, but I think they fixed this on the 2019 model.
Small fuel capacity which exacerbates no fuel gauge!
Exhaust butterfly valve.
No optional race mapping from Kawasaki.
Don't even rate the display because I seldom look at it other than to note the 'B' trip meter for fuel stop.
Would rather have the 2015 paint job (mines 2017 Carbon).
Hard to find neutral unless you moving a bit.
People asking so many question when I have to be somewhere.

Like:
As the dreamers say 'It even looks fast'.
It simulates my sphincter.
Corners like it's on rails.
Teaches every tosser who likes to try it on how slow their bike (or car) really is.
The feeling of being in control of a very anger motorcycle.
Riding other bikes then getting back on the H2 and the reality check of just what a weapon it is.
Quick shifter is real good and has to be when I have to hang on for dear life.
Engine braking, I live in a very hilly part of NZ and it's a good addition.
Twitchy throttle, not for me, I tightened up the cables on full steering lock and now I feel the throttle, it's fine, in fact I like it, no rubber band effect!
I like the tyres, yes I do, good choice by the manufacturer. Thought about M7's but I will buy original spec again even after the front stepped out in the wet today but it was predictable. Most tyres on the market will out ride me but Ducati riders won't, they have tried.
Like the green frame.
No pillion, yes, man time out, great for long lasting marriage, thanks Kawasaki :)
I could just go on but then you would thing I was in love with the bike and we were in a serious relationship? (writing this while the wife is not looking).
Appreciate what Kawasaki has provided for you, It's seldom the perfect partner comes along and we learn to live and accommodate small faults, hmm, am I talking about the wife or the bike? already confused...

"Hard to find neutral unless you moving a bit"...click up(down to)second(if stopped).LIGHTLY...VERY lightly tap the lever down(or up depending).Goes in everytime;)"Small fuel capacity which exacerbates no fuel gauge!"...lol.She's got a fuel gauge.You haven't found it yet?

Yeh, I know this method of finding neutral and as for fuel gauge, I mean 'stand alone fuel gauge'.

Rick, I’m with you, the “fuel gauge’’ is a pile of shite, I’ve never even looked at it, a complete joke an a bike of this value, they installed a proper gauge easily enough on the cheaper SX though....
The 2019 H2 has something you can read off the phone app but I expect it will be average consumption, miles left in the tank useless info again..
All these incredible features, TC, launch control, IMU, KQS etc etc but they can’t fit a fu#king gauge?? It makes my blood boil!
I must have been spoiled for having such a revolutionary device available on my ZZR1400 (ZX14)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my 2015 scroll using the upper button on left bar, as it goes through time/mileage/ trip A/trip B/ average fuel use per kms/mls, and then fuel used, before scrolling to temp etc.

I reset trip A & B, average kms, and fuel used at every petrol stop. I do find though that the indicated fuel used is usually about 1 to 1.5 Litres more than actually used going by how much I put in (over reads).

I agree though, it would be much better to have a normal fuel gauge on the screen, as long as it is accurate.

Don.

What's so darn hard about understanding the fuel gauge?Sheesh youse guys.It holds 4 1/2 gallons.Reset to zero on fillup.Watch gauge display gals used.Simple.lol.I like it.It's 'unconventional'...but isn't the H2 'unconventional'?The whole dash layout and color scheme is most effective at reminding me...'your bike is VERY different than the rest'.It's supposed to be like it is.Different.I think the new TFT display is pretty 'commercial' in regards that they ALL have this now.I personally don't care for the new TFT's.Guess they're okay on a cruiser?Course for me...my H2 IS a cruiser..or a sportbike...either one;)Still don't want no tft on mine.

There's a term that describes this I can't think what it is at the moment but I can think of analogy. It's like when you head to the lawn and garden everything there is reasonable price. Trees, shrubs, etcc.....The minute the landscaper starts removing branches, leaves etc, and turns the shrub into something other than what it was the price goes up. The more that's taken off, the more it costs.

Wish you could think of that word lol.

EVERYONE wanted a TFT...now they got it.For 3 grand more lol.Staring at their nice TFT's that say what exactly that I need to know?

Ok, this is just my opinion but to me It was dated, dimly lit garbage upon launch, you’re defending the indefensible!

Again on a bike of that value if you think it’s acceptable then that’s your prerogative! I’m sure if you were to buy a new H2 and had the choice you’d pick the piece of crap fitted to the original model over the new TFT will it’s connectivity etc??

Fair play, if that’s you’re opinion but not one I remotely share, if you look back through the forum it’s been universally slated since day one, I seem to remember you badly wanted the SX with all its features, did you comment on its horrible TFT display, I need to look back[emoji6]

Ok, this is just my opinion but to me It was dated, dimly lit garbage upon launch, you’re defending the indefensible!

Again on a bike of that value if you think it’s acceptable then that’s your prerogative! I’m sure if you were to buy a new H2 and had the choice you’d pick the piece of crap fitted to the original model over the new TFT will it’s connectivity etc??

Fair play, if that’s you’re opinion but not one I remotely share, if you look back through the forum it’s been universally slated since day one, I seem to remember you badly wanted the SX with all its features, did you comment on its horrible TFT display, I need to look back[emoji6]

I have to agree. Although if I had not seen the TFT I would not hate is as much. But I have so I think is sucks. If it were readable under most conditions then I wouldn't mind it. That being said and I most likely wont be getting a 2019, so I have to convince myself that it is okay, and maybe research as way to make it brighter under normal lighting, or go so far when I get time to tap into the CAN data(or what ever it uses) and come up with my own display that just fits on top of the current one.

Speaking of which, I may look at a small Android device for a display, I program microcontrollers as part of my living, as well as engineer electronics and my wife is probably the best circuit board designer in the country (that is no bull), she is an artist, I am good at it but her stuff is much better.

The only reason I haven't done it already is time. I am working on a project that is a killer. For those who know about slot machines, I'm making a SAS (Slot Accounting System) engine so slot developers don't have to deal with the minutia.

Well,I did like the SXSE at one point.But not cause of the display.The idea of being able to haul someone or luggage seemed appealing.And on that bike,the display was okay.Just okay.I guess like anything,ya get used to what ya have.I didn't say I hated it.I just like the og better for this bike.Maybe if I had it on mine,I'd feel the same as you guys.But I'm used to the blacked out minimalist look.All I check really is RPMs and speed while I'm ridin.And fuel.

"new TFT will it’s connectivity etc??"...all that stuff is cool.But it doesn't do a thing for me.And no,if one was my first H2...I'd take it as it is...happily.For me it's the ride,not the dodads.Kinda.

I have to agree. Although if I had not seen the TFT I would not hate is as much. But I have so I think is sucks. If it were readable under most conditions then I wouldn't mind it. That being said and I most likely wont be getting a 2019, so I have to convince myself that it is okay, and maybe research as way to make it brighter under normal lighting, or go so far when I get time to tap into the CAN data(or what ever it uses) and come up with my own display that just fits on top of the current one.

Speaking of which, I may look at a small Android device for a display, I program microcontrollers as part of my living, as well as engineer electronics and my wife is probably the best circuit board designer in the country (that is no bull), she is an artist, I am good at it but her stuff is much better.

The only reason I haven't done it already is time. I am working on a project that is a killer. For those who know about slot machines, I'm making a SAS (Slot Accounting System) engine so slot developers don't have to deal with the minutia.

That’s the problem Ted, it’s just not visible enough.
Functionality is okay (other than fuel gauge!) but I remember distinctly riding the bike for the first time, pulling up, trying to brighten the display before realizing it was up as high as it goes. Just not good enough.
I’m not buying the 2019 because of the display, it’s just an added bonus, next year there will be another update, we can never keep up but I try to swap my bikes within three years, by then they’re generally starting to look a little dated.
I don’t think the H2 looks dated at all but the electronics package was ready given mine was a pre IMU 2016 model.

Well,I did like the SXSE at one point.But not cause of the display.The idea of being able to haul someone or luggage seemed appealing.And on that bike,the display was okay.Just okay.I guess like anything,ya get used to what ya have.I didn't say I hated it.I just like the og better for this bike.Maybe if I had it on mine,I'd feel the same as you guys.But I'm used to the blacked out minimalist look.All I check really is RPMs and speed while I'm ridin.And fuel.

"new TFT will it’s connectivity etc??"...all that stuff is cool.But it doesn't do a thing for me.And no,if one was my first H2...I'd take it as it is...happily.For me it's the ride,not the dodads.Kinda.

Fair play[emoji106]We all like what we like and get used to but for me the display was as annoying as the throttle sensitivity (shite) & hidden neutral!

"hidden neutral!" LOL. If I had a TFT on there from the start,I would probably really like it....I rode that SE.The display really was just too busy for me.They may have done better just having the info saved in there(as they do) and made the screen a bit less cluttered.I **** sure aren't gonna be checking my lean or my 'bike attitude' or front/rear brake application amount while I'm riding.lol.

And I'm not quite sure why Kawasaki didn't include a 'positive N finder' on there(2015's).Seems simple to do?I was surprised at that actually.But not bummed.I added a washer between the throttle tube end and the bar end.Adjusted the bar end for a bit of friction on the tube.Works great for removing that snatchiness.So simple.Don't even notice anything's a bit different.Throttle still performs like a stock 'normal' one would be(on any other bike that is ):laugh:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.