Ninja H2 banner

U like/don't like on the H2/R

15K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  TedG 
#1 · (Edited)
My idea is,
to create a Thread were owners of the H2/R can post some of their big and small likes and don't likes about their bikes and the company Kawa.

Short example|

Model/ 2015 H2
Miles/KM/
Mods/ Podracer turbines
Use/ street and interstellar racing ;)

What I like is:
-
-
What I don't like is:
-
-

Feel free to write your story and feelings!

Hope we can start a very good and interesting thread here!

King regards
Sheep

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Kawah2 that's a good question and I like to answer!
The Idea of a short like/dislike review, shots into my head today in the morning after a call with Kawasaki.

Right now i have not much time.
Why is time, for a few words, a problem?

So for me it's hard to write in english, couse its sadly not my mother language...
It takes time to write "understandable" stuff!
but like I promised you before, I still learning more and more with your help and my afford!

my review is In process soon,
but it will be based on the un ridden bikes only! we don't see the track yet ( bad weather/ temperatures.)

Feel free to throw the first stone ;)

#5 ·
Kawah2 that's a good question and I like to answer!
The Idea of a short like/dislike review, shots into my head today in the morning after a call with Kawasaki.

Right now im on a trip and I have not much time.
Why is time for a few words a big problem?

So for me it's very hard to write in english couse its sadly not my mother language...
It takes time to write "understandable" stuff but like I promised you before, Im still learning more and more with your help and my afford!

my review is In process soon,
but it will be based on the standing bikes only couse we don't see the track yet ( bad weather/ temperatures.)

Feel free to throw the first stone ;)
Bitte schreiben Sie auf Deutsch.

#4 · (Edited)
It would be good if any "don't like" comments were accompanied by suggestions for what changes should be made as a remedy.

In 2015, along with three other owners, I met the design team for the H2 at the Kawasaki UK headquarters for a feedback session. Criticisms had to be qualified by what changes should be made.

The one thing we all commented on was the heavy clutch action and this was changed the following year.

We also mentioned the fierce throttle action and I mentioned the poor aerodynamics at high speed. There were a few other minor things too and I mentioned that the H2R couldn't be used on most UK circuits because of it's excessive noise. The quieter Akrapovic H2R system is now offered as a Kawasaki part.

We were all keen to emphasise how much we liked the H2 so that the session wasn't wholly negative and Kawasaki responded by taking comments on board and making changes.

#7 ·
I like: H2
The look of it. In photos it looks wierd and somewhat awkward but when seen in the flesh it oozes quality and craftsmanship.
Build quality is above most bikes.
To ride it no other bike will feel as angry or intimidating as a H2. Scares **** out of me 😂

I hate
The black plastic bits.
The fact my garmen doesn't fit on head stock as get lost everywhere.
The fact probably people feel your rich but truth is probably bust the bank for purchase coz the love for motorbikes
The price of any after market parts are doubled because it a H2.

Think that's it.

#8 · (Edited)
Ninja H2 2015/ sold

Like:
before buying:
-The awesome trailer campaign of the H2/R!
-The idea of a in house designed SC Bike to revive the old H2 mach4 triple legend!
-The futuristic design of this Bike!

Like after buying:
-The quality of every single angle of this bike.
-The "short" tail and shape.
-The SC winning and the nice LED light in the middle of this Transformer face.
-The feeling that i have a very special Bike in "bike history" of my lifetime.
-The Booklet and gift Box from Kawasaki
-The unique silver mirror paint;)
-The options/possibility of tuning and the hope to reach the H2R optic and power
-The nice handling for such a small/big bike
-the brembo brakes

Don't like:
-The Weight!
-stock Exhaust, far away from the R and the ugly Akra slip on option!
-The left blind side of the air intake!
-The air intake compared to the H2R!
-The cheap black plastic parts!
-The failed marketing of a limited production"2015" ,16-xx
-The sensible mirror paint;)
-The stock sound (79db in 2015) was a shame even without this bad Euro4 regulations.
-No stock carbon fibre, anywere on the H2!
-The stock restrictions that killed the H2 racing any S1000rr
-The weight, the weight and the weight again!
-no öhlins fork for this price compared to a panigale S... It's possible Kawa!

2017 H2R
Like:
Everything, couse this dream was chased since 2015!
The 2017 bad ass transformer optic
The paint finish
The handling of this bike compared to the H2 is much better.
This crazy sound is awesome but*
This wings and all secret beautiful parts on this bike hidden carbon stuff....
Can't wait to ride with this beast on the track

Note: im in love so my words dont do justice!
So no reason for more words

Let's lift and swing the fists
Gong gong

Don't like:
-The over pricing of the Bike and of the parts
-*stock exhaust/ the sound/noise is too much for our tracks, a clap/valve system or a nice quite H2R system around 100db seems to be too expensive I think...
-the same cheap black plastics on the R as on h2!
-No booklet or special Box for the 2017 owners! That's very very very SAD KAWASAKI!
-it feels like Kawa is trying to sell out the H2/R parts without giving the new owners any special... It feels like the created hype is going to make more and more money!
I mean the part pricing is ridiculous/ & the bike pricing from 50k to 55k€ is heavy after all this limited and special hype without any tribute for the costumers

why is a owner of a 15 model more important than a 16-17 owner?

-the stock H2R stands are s***t
-changed river mark emblems!

That's it,
We know it's expensive to have a special taste and money is money!
A dream is always more important than any paper money!

after all I'm happy with all the "likes and dislikes" on both bikes, couse this beasts looks like from another star!
I'm in love with it
I wish company's like Kawasaki will think more for their costumers!
In my opinion:
The 17 Carbon edition very special it should be the 2015 edition only! Couse the carbon front is very special and a good goodie compared to the 2015 R! This couple a 15 carbon H2 street legal and a h2r in 2015! What a unique and special step for the first owners!

Its hard to see a special 120limited carbon bike in 2017 when I remember the special marketing in 2015
But this misunderstood big talk is grownup on kawasakis and news shoulders

The 17 models are good for people like me, we have ordered a R or the limited carbon edition...

But I think its not fair for the "special 2015 owners" kawa... Think about it!

The ugly exhaust on H2 and the way to loud exhausts on the R , the missing carbon parts, and the weight of this bikes are the biggest points on my list

I think the future will bring us some hard accelerating electro beasts soon, and the SCs will be added to smaller bikes like 600cc...
At the end we are riding the most special bike at this days!
I'm happy to be a part of this puzzle couse bikes and riding is my passion...
So let the good times roll!

#9 ·
Like - most of it, nothing else like it, incredibly unique. Dislike - Stock restrictions mean standard naturally aspirated bikes have pretty much caught up, are lighter and invariably handle better. IMO dull boring instrumentation. Finally no fuel gauge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Love the looks! Love the concept and vision of something so unique and different, there is nothing similar. To ride is amazing, the sound of the SC chirping away is just heaven, handles very good for its size/weight. Brakes are superb. And like others sometimes scares the crap out of me, something no other fast bike ever did before. Quality is outstanding, as is the feel and presence when riding...:D

On the negative :(....Parts overpriced big time, depreciation just like any other bike, and probably the most hated thing is the abruptness and high sensitivity of the throttle....
Jeffro ;)

#15 · (Edited)
RapidRoy1,
I suppose not, but it is a widely accepted form communication. Lots can be quickly and completely understood and very efficiently through the written word. If someone ignores 3 emails why should I bother calling?
For example after Guhl failing to contact me I tried Brock. Immediately (within a day) I received a reply to my request! From there I have developed some sort of rapport and acknowledgement from the man. Since then I have communicated with Brock for various things and always get a reply. Showing me reliability and trust/faith in him and the business he runs, and knowing this will be my first choice as a vendor. He also supports members of the forum and always seems to be looking after his customers. I understand they work hand in hand to some degree with reflashing and whatnot.
Have a good day mate :)
Jeffro ;)

#18 ·
2018 H2 Carbon

The paint is amazing! I'm glad they did the frame in green. It's special to this bike and should stand out. The green accents on the rims and cowling are well placed. Just a beautiful bike to stare at.

It unique and rare which is cool. Really a modern marvel and there is nothing like it.

It was surprisingly smooth and easy to ride.

Obviously love the power and that it is linear and predictable. Love the supercharger chirp.

Dislikes:
The factory exhaust is huge. I don't like the look although it matches other Kawasaki sport bike models of this time period. IMO it is ugly and the ackro smaller but even uglier. I really wanted to see something similar in looks to the H2R!!

I paid almost 32,000 and the warning labels on the gas tank are crooked and off center not just a little but a lot. I feel more care should have been taken in placing those neatly since it is so visible. Something so simple can really makes you question how much pride was taken in the build of these bikes.

The order process was lacking in communication. I received one email saying they accepted my order then nothing for 6 months until the dealer called and said my motorcycle just arrived. I was hoping for some kind of updates in between such as the frames are now being built, frames painted, engines being assembled, frames and engines being mated, wiring and electronics being installed, body work being installed ect. Granted some of these processes are going on simultaneously and there are many bikes being built in various stages of completion but some information would have been nice. Even just a your bike has been completed and shipped email. I feel like the order process was as lackluster as if it were a ZX6R that was a third of the price. The people putting down a deposit and ordering this flagship model are true enthusiast who wants some kind of status updates. It would have been nice to have some kind of answer when my friends asked what the status of my new motorcycle was.

BUILD NUMBERS! I really want some concrete information on how many were built. In 2017 the limited carbon edition was numbered but no such thing in 2018. This is really frustrating.

#20 · (Edited)
"placing those neatly since it is so visible. Something so simple can really makes you question how much pride was taken in the build of these bikes"...they wanted to make sure on YOUR particular bike that you would remove those eyesores right pronto.That's all that was.Tell the truth...you were considering leaving those on there,weren't you.

Btw Ticketmaster...WELCOME...and great choice!

#22 · (Edited)
Like:
Power.
Exhaust, yes I like it. And it stays. Lets me hear the sound of the engine.
Mechanical sounds of the engine. The blower spinning up, the blow off valve, and most of all the chirping.
Handling, this thing is perfect for me.
Seating position, I am comfy.
Paint, I didn't think I like the sparkles, now I really like them after seeing them in person.
Brakes, super controllable.
Suspension, iron's out rough road like I have never felt before. Bike is planted.
Quick shifter. Takes a bit of getting used to not using the clutch, especially downshifting.
Gearbox is fantastic, love the feel.
Clutch pull is great.
Smoothness!!!

Dislikes:
Throttle control, it is just too touchy. Have a new throttle tube ordered and will see if I can get it geared lower. I can be controlled but it takes concentration away from other things.
The display when it isn't in direct sunlight. If in direct sunlight then I like it.
Grips are too small.

Jury is still out on:
The seat. Getting used to it...maybe.
Gearing, haven't decided. Up here it doesn't wheelie in 3rd. Wouldn't want to spoil second. Although second is becoming too slow for tight corners. But third doesn't have enough pull.

#24 · (Edited)
Start with DON'T like:
No fuel gauge.
Expensive parts.
No power outlet, but I think they fixed this on the 2019 model.
Small fuel capacity which exacerbates no fuel gauge!
Exhaust butterfly valve.
No optional race mapping from Kawasaki.
Don't even rate the display because I seldom look at it other than to note the 'B' trip meter for fuel stop.
Would rather have the 2015 paint job (mines 2017 Carbon).
Hard to find neutral unless you moving a bit.
People asking so many question when I have to be somewhere.

Like:
As the dreamers say 'It even looks fast'.
It simulates my sphincter.
Corners like it's on rails.
Teaches every tosser who likes to try it on how slow their bike (or car) really is.
The feeling of being in control of a very anger motorcycle.
Riding other bikes then getting back on the H2 and the reality check of just what a weapon it is.
Quick shifter is real good and has to be when I have to hang on for dear life.
Engine braking, I live in a very hilly part of NZ and it's a good addition.
Twitchy throttle, not for me, I tightened up the cables on full steering lock and now I feel the throttle, it's fine, in fact I like it, no rubber band effect!
I like the tyres, yes I do, good choice by the manufacturer. Thought about M7's but I will buy original spec again even after the front stepped out in the wet today but it was predictable. Most tyres on the market will out ride me but Ducati riders won't, they have tried.
Like the green frame.
No pillion, yes, man time out, great for long lasting marriage, thanks Kawasaki :)
I could just go on but then you would thing I was in love with the bike and we were in a serious relationship? (writing this while the wife is not looking).
Appreciate what Kawasaki has provided for you, It's seldom the perfect partner comes along and we learn to live and accommodate small faults, hmm, am I talking about the wife or the bike? already confused...

#27 ·
Rick, I’m with you, the “fuel gauge’’ is a pile of shite, I’ve never even looked at it, a complete joke an a bike of this value, they installed a proper gauge easily enough on the cheaper SX though....
The 2019 H2 has something you can read off the phone app but I expect it will be average consumption, miles left in the tank useless info again..
All these incredible features, TC, launch control, IMU, KQS etc etc but they can’t fit a fu#king gauge?? It makes my blood boil!
I must have been spoiled for having such a revolutionary device available on my ZZR1400 (ZX14)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#30 ·
On my 2015 scroll using the upper button on left bar, as it goes through time/mileage/ trip A/trip B/ average fuel use per kms/mls, and then fuel used, before scrolling to temp etc.

I reset trip A & B, average kms, and fuel used at every petrol stop. I do find though that the indicated fuel used is usually about 1 to 1.5 Litres more than actually used going by how much I put in (over reads).

I agree though, it would be much better to have a normal fuel gauge on the screen, as long as it is accurate.

Don.

#31 · (Edited)
What's so darn hard about understanding the fuel gauge?Sheesh youse guys.It holds 4 1/2 gallons.Reset to zero on fillup.Watch gauge display gals used.Simple.lol.I like it.It's 'unconventional'...but isn't the H2 'unconventional'?The whole dash layout and color scheme is most effective at reminding me...'your bike is VERY different than the rest'.It's supposed to be like it is.Different.I think the new TFT display is pretty 'commercial' in regards that they ALL have this now.I personally don't care for the new TFT's.Guess they're okay on a cruiser?Course for me...my H2 IS a cruiser..or a sportbike...either one;)Still don't want no tft on mine.

#32 ·
There's a term that describes this I can't think what it is at the moment but I can think of analogy. It's like when you head to the lawn and garden everything there is reasonable price. Trees, shrubs, etcc.....The minute the landscaper starts removing branches, leaves etc, and turns the shrub into something other than what it was the price goes up. The more that's taken off, the more it costs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.