Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am removing my mirrors and therefore loosing my turn signals. I need to come up with a solution for new turn signals. Can I get some feedback from you guys who have changed turn signals or come up with a new location for them? Cheers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just an idea but maybe you can splice and extend the wiring from the cockpit and run some thin LED strips on the side panels. Might require modest drilling (or adhesive) though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
H2QIK,

Price ? If I remember correctly unless you get them used they are over $1000 a pair...

Rhody...
I have found all 4 of them for just under $1,400 AUD. I want to see the quality and fit before I endorse the company. They stated it will take 3 weeks to make them and another week for shipping. I will update this thread in about 4 weeks and I was hoping to find a turn signal solution by then. I may just go with handle bar end signals.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The person who can produce these bits of carbon for a few hundred dollars or pounds will make a killing. How can anyone justify charging thousands? They don't charge this sort of money for a carbon hugger or other bits. Maybe I'm in the wrong business.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The person who can produce these bits of carbon for a few hundred dollars or pounds will make a killing. How can anyone justify charging thousands? They don't charge this sort of money for a carbon hugger or other bits. Maybe I'm in the wrong business.
Caveat Emptor! I think we could extend the definition to include pricing. :) What the market will bear is a pricing strategy that sometimes works on initial product offering. Market forces then start to dictate what can actually be charged and pricing models change if the manufacturer wished to stay in business.

If one wishes the hot new thing right now, one pays the piper. I'd wait a while and let the market shake itself out on these overpriced pieces.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
H2QIK are you fitting bar end mirrors or just riding without?

I remove the mirrors plus the rear number plate and indicator assembly from my H2 for LSR meetings.

On a few occasions I've ridden it on the road with the mirrors off and I hate not being able to see behind. Funny that because in my early biking days a mirror was an optional accessory.

I guess it's what you get used to, like driving without a seat belt which gives you that feeling of vulnerability.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
H2QIK are you fitting bar end mirrors or just riding without?

I remove the mirrors plus the rear number plate and indicator assembly from my H2 for LSR meetings.

On a few occasions I've ridden it on the road with the mirrors off and I hate not being able to see behind. Funny that because in my early biking days a mirror was an optional accessory.

I guess it's what you get used to, like driving without a seat belt which gives you that feeling of vulnerability.
Where I live, mirrors are manditory. So I was toying around with getting adapters for the handlebars right next to the controls and getting some universal mirrors. But after measuring, I found any mirror attachment point mounted on the bars would contact the front fairing. So I will have to go bar ends. I may have to get a bar end mirror/turn signal combo set up from one of the cafe racer web sites. I will have some time to do the research as I expect the parts to take 4 weeks. But I will let you know what I come up with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts