1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
587 Posts
^First and last! How do you figure lol! There is already a few others on route to building a kit right now. You can make much more power this way than using the factory supercharger, and in the end some people like to be different.

·
Registered
836 Posts
^First and last! How do you figure lol! There is already a few others on route to building a kit right now. You can make much more power this way than using the factory supercharger, and in the end some people like to be different.
Will it make power than a Turbo a ZX10R ? I'm all for being different but I would choose a different path .

·
Registered
587 Posts
^it will make more power than a zx10r without having to touch the motor! In fact for those buying an H2 new if they opted for a turbo kit it would most likely be cheaper to hit 300-350whp going that route, then having to buy all the other parts required when using the supercharger!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So you've got factory boost.Then Turbo boost.Then Nitrous kit.....methinks that motor isn't gonna last much longer?So there goes the 'cheap route' to making more power.I guess?

It IS unique though!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Will it make power than a Turbo a ZX10R ? I'm all for being different but I would choose a different path .
In reality the you are absolutely correct about the 10. It has more compression, more aggressive cams, etc. But the H2 was built to withstand 320 HP and still live. Where the ZX10R motor was not designed to do so. In the end the H2 would be a better choice, and you can bump the compression and put different cams in. And with all that HP a light bike might not be so good. Again the H2 would be a better choice.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Compression is perfect for turbo imo, low compression and high boost is a perfect match ;)

I can understand why it was done, but not something I would want to do, there are lots of turbo bike options available with good support
Also liked the 390hp build in the UK
All the winter projects are coming out of the workshops , good to see some action

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"But the H2 was built to withstand 320 HP and still live"...yeah,live for how long?lol.Look at the H2r maintenance schedule.Fairly severe.I think Kawasaki saying..the H2 motor was designed to withstand power requirements 1.2 times over basically meant.."You can ride this machine with confidence knowing it won't fail(prematurely)(with minor 'upgrades' like ECU flash and such)".That's my takeaway from it.I think anything sustained(on these two motors)8K and above are stressing it somewhat.The addition of the intercooler definitely adds some more wiggle room for upping the go fast mods.I know when I'm running at say,120...the motor is winding out pretty good...entering into the 10K range and over,it's screaming for sure.Brock warns that the H2 with the Stage 2 kit needs to be watched with sooner maintenance similar to the H2r.Not that that's bad...it is what it is.Then again...I may be wrong about my suppositions.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The guy that fabricated my custom exhaust specializes in turbos and was begging me to let him do this. He had the same idea of turbo placement too. I was mentioning how I don't know how we were feeling about track riding and we were playing with the idea of a valve to bypass it that would activate based on lean angle. Turbo for the straights, controllable throttle for the corners.

All just a pipe dream since we didn't make it happen, it's rad someone did!

·
Registered
587 Posts
So you've got factory boost.Then Turbo boost.Then Nitrous kit.....methinks that motor isn't gonna last much longer?So there goes the 'cheap route' to making more power.I guess?

It IS unique though!
"But the H2 was built to withstand 320 HP and still live"...yeah,live for how long?lol.Look at the H2r maintenance schedule.Fairly severe.I think Kawasaki saying..the H2 motor was designed to withstand power requirements 1.2 times over basically meant.."You can ride this machine with confidence knowing it won't fail(prematurely)(with minor 'upgrades' like ECU flash and such)".That's my takeaway from it.I think anything sustained(on these two motors)8K and above are stressing it somewhat.The addition of the intercooler definitely adds some more wiggle room for upping the go fast mods.I know when I'm running at say,120...the motor is winding out pretty good...entering into the 10K range and over,it's screaming for sure.Brock warns that the H2 with the Stage 2 kit needs to be watched with sooner maintenance similar to the H2r.Not that that's bad...it is what it is.Then again...I may be wrong about my suppositions.
No he removed the supercharger. It's not a twin charged setup. Before you go questioning that, the turbos we have today are so efficient the bike would still be very responsive depending on turbo size, and it would make more mid range power.

Hes not running nitrous, he is using a large nitrous bottle as an air bottle for an air shifter.

Do you know how many hours above 8k rpm the H2r maintenance is LMAO! Think about how many "hours" above 8k you would have to be riding to even consider the maintenance schedule. This isn't something that happens weekly or monthly, or in some cases even yearly. Of course the more you make the, the more you need to look after it, but this isn't something that is going to require bearing replacement every month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts