Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone. I was hoping to get some help because i have some serious trouble.

Today i finaly finished working on the bike and did a test run.

What i have done:

Removed air induction system and installed block plates.
Installed Turbosmart BlowOffValve.
Removed the purge valve.
Removed the exhaust valve servo motor (valve was already removed by pevious owner)
Removed o2 sensor

Flashed with Flashtune. Uploaded the EU unrestricted map and dissabled all parts listed above.

When the bike is started up there are no errors, no warning lights.

Now here comes the issue:

When i do normal cruising all is fine but as soon as i accelerate hard to lets say above 8000rpm after i roll off the throttle i get all sorts of warning lights.
It happens in every gear.
Accelerate to 8000 - 10000 rpm. Roll of the throttle and the issue starts around 4000 rpm.

The umbrella starts to flash, the check engine light appears, the warning triangle appears.
The display starts to flash and says: KLCM OFF (launch control)

It only happens when i accelerate hard. When i rev up the bike while holding the clutch in all is fine.

When i turn off the bike and wait a couple of seconds and start it up again the bike is back to normal again.

I can cruise arround for hours without an issue but as soon as i ride it hard the trouble starts.

Bike was fine before i removed all the stuff and flashed the ECU but i don't understand what can be the problem here.

Pleas help me out here! Thanks!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Look for stored or active faults (while its faulting preferably) ,and see if there is more than KLCM causing the fault warning

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oke went for a ride again today and used the diagnosis system and the fault code is:

6A Purge valve (for supercharger) malfunction, wiring open or short

Isn't that wierd?? I have disabled the purge valve in the ECU settings.

Should it be necessary to replace the purge valve with a resistor? I thought disabling it in the ECU should prevent it from throwing a fault code?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Not all flashes do what they think they can
resistor of similar value to what you read through the purge valve should do it

·
Registered
90 Posts
You have to reinstall the purge valve.

Not the hoses. Just the electronic blue plug. I had the same issue with my install as well. Started up well, but when I gave it throttle, it was limp as fuck. nothing. Ran the diagnostic and sure enough. Same error as you. Plugged it back in, cleared the code and all was well again.

I have a youtube channel and filmed the install along with this issue. It might help you if indeed you are having the same issue.

Skip ahead to about 16:00

If you need help, message me on Instagram @_Ksix

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to reinstall the purge valve.

Not the hoses. Just the electronic blue plug. I had the same issue with my install as well. Started up well, but when I gave it throttle, it was limp as fuck. nothing. Ran the diagnostic and sure enough. Same error as you. Plugged it back in, cleared the code and all was well again.

I have a youtube channel and filmed the install along with this issue. It might help you if indeed you are having the same issue.

Skip ahead to about 16:00

If you need help, message me on Instagram @_Ksix
Yes a had already seen your video. It was helpfull thank u.
I have now placed back the purgevalve. Dismanteled the purgevalve and only used the solonoid part.
Will take it for a ride later today to see if it is fixed now.

I have another issue with the BOV.

I am under the impression that the BOV doesn't work like it should.
When i start the bike the BOV remains closed all the time.
I ride the bike for about a mile and rev it a couple of times then suddenly the BOV starts to work. It works great after that all the time for the ride.
Next day same story. Start the bike BOV does not open when i rev the engine. Only when i rev it to about 8000 or 9000 rpm it suddenly starts to work and opens after every revving.

Shouldn't the BOV start working straight away? I have the feeling it sticks if the bike hasn't run for a couple of hours. When it get's a good boost it finaly opens and works like it should.

I see in the video's on youtube people start up their bikes and emidiately the BOV starts hissing. Even at the slightest rev it dumps the boost. Mine doesn't do that in the beginning. Only after i whack the throttle it finally starts working and after that it opens at the slightets rev.

Looks to me the valve is sticking when it hasen't opened for a while.
At extreme creations they say this is normal but i don't believe them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes a had already seen your video. It was helpfull thank u.
I have now placed back the purgevalve. Dismanteled the purgevalve and only used the solonoid part.
Will take it for a ride later today to see if it is fixed now.

I have another issue with the BOV.

I am under the impression that the BOV doesn't work like it should.
When i start the bike the BOV remains closed all the time.
I ride the bike for about a mile and rev it a couple of times then suddenly the BOV starts to work. It works great after that all the time for the ride.
Next day same story. Start the bike BOV does not open when i rev the engine. Only when i rev it to about 8000 or 9000 rpm it suddenly starts to work and opens after every revving.

Shouldn't the BOV start working straight away? I have the feeling it sticks if the bike hasn't run for a couple of hours. When it get's a good boost it finaly opens and works like it should.

I see in the video's on youtube people start up their bikes and emidiately the BOV starts hissing. Even at the slightest rev it dumps the boost. Mine doesn't do that in the beginning. Only after i whack the throttle it finally starts working and after that it opens at the slightets rev.

Looks to me the valve is sticking when it hasen't opened for a while.
At extreme creations they say this is normal but i don't believe them.
When you start your bike, the boost should only show at 102% maybe 103%. You won't hear it hissing. I promise you. Now give the throttle a quick blip to build up boost and you definitely should hear it. Any time you throttle up and release, you should hear it, no matter how much throttle you apply. If the boost increases and you release the throttle, it's going to expel.

Are you experiencing any power loss? I'd double-check that the back of the SC housing is capped/secure and recheck all your other hose connections if you are. Everything is torqued down to the proper levels? Is the Plenum plug secure? Boost loss seems like the only reason why you might not be working the way it should.

Again, hit me up on instagram @Ksix_ if you need assistance. I don't check here all that often.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plugging back in the purge valve cured the issue. I can now open her up to the max without a problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Plugging back in the purge valve cured the issue. I can now open her up to the max without a problem.
GOOD! From your follow up message, i thought that you had plugged the purge valve back in but still not getting any boost build up.
Glad everything is working as it should.

·
Registered
672 Posts
What hoses did you have connected to the BOV, it needs a below throttle reference hose to push the BOV closed when the throttle is open with the plenum pressure and port pressure similar , and pull the BOV open when the throttle is closed and there is pressure differential between the port and plenum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts