Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi what do you guys have your KTRC set at? mines at 3 and it still launched the front wheel to the moon

·
Registered
79 Posts
How many settings on the H2? I have 4 on my H2 SX/SE (1,2,3 and off) and with it set to 3 it wont let the front wheel up at all. My SX is moded, flashed and intercooled). Krtc2 cuts to half throttle when it detects the front wheel coming up and krtc 1 cuts about 7% throttle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many settings on the H2? I have 4 on my H2 SX/SE (1,2,3 and off) and with it set to 3 it wont let the front wheel up at all. My SX is moded, flashed and intercooled). Krtc2 cuts to half throttle when it detects the front wheel coming up and krtc 1 cuts about 7% throttle.
The H2 has 9 mine has just a slip on that it , might try higher setting

·
Registered
433 Posts
Guessing you have the 2015 model? As it has the unusual numbering of the traction control settings - same number settings as later models, just different numbering.

I generally have mine (2015) on the default 1 setting at start up, or put it off completely when on the road. I may not be as hard on the throttle as you because I don't usually lift the front on acceleration, and I have 262 rwhp, but tuned very well to suit low to middle throttle openings by Woolich tuning. When I go to the track I leave it on default 1 setting.

Don.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guessing you have the 2015 model? As it has the unusual numbering of the traction control settings - same number settings as later models, just different numbering.

I generally have mine (2015) on the default 1 setting at start up, or put it off completely when on the road. I may not be as hard on the throttle as you because I don't usually lift the front on acceleration, and I have 262 rwhp, but tuned very well to suit low to middle throttle openings by Woolich tuning. When I go to the track I leave it on default 1 setting.

Don.
No have 2021 just picked it up last week, normally just cruise around but now and then i tried hitting to hard in 1 st and 2 second gear and to went straight up, with my previous GEN 4 ZX10 it would do that even in first gear

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No have 2021 just picked it up last week, normally just cruise around but now and then i tried hitting to hard in 1 st and 2 second gear and to went straight up, with my previous GEN 4 ZX10 it wouldn't do that even in first gear

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Adelaide
Lockdown affecting you?
Not much a lot of people out and about still, you want to hold on to that H2 of yours there only allocating 2 per state next year kind of makes me think they wont be making them anymore, there were only 2 allocated last year and this year in QLD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting!
Yep, after me, my son gets the bike.
If you look on Bikesales there's only one there brand new 2021 37k plus orc and its not even available there's not one anywhere in the country brand new for sale atm and people are calling dealers looking for them so will definltely be a keeper and just ride my second old bike now and then to keep the kays down on it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you want to make it interesting, take the H2 to a track and turn off the traction control. I did this when getting data logging on the Woolich system prior to having it fully tuned on a dyno. The tuner wanted full throttle to get the best picture of the power delivery, timing etc. Made for very eye opening sprints down the straight!
However it did provide him with a decent base to tune it. and combined with the dyno session, my bike rides well at partial throttles down low for good mannered road riding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you want to make it interesting, take the H2 to a track and turn off the traction control. I did this when getting data logging on the Woolich system prior to having it fully tuned on a dyno. The tuner wanted full throttle to get the best picture of the power delivery, timing etc. Made for very eye opening sprints down the straight!
However it did provide him with a decent base to tune it. and combined with the dyno session, my bike rides well at partial throttles down low for good mannered road riding.
sounds good will do

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just be careful on the bends though, don't want to give it the berries and highside into the sunset!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Already felt that the other night with the traction control off going around a 60km corner, Dangerous!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi what do you guys have your KTRC set at? mines at 3 and it still launched the front wheel to the moon
The traction control settings on the H2 are meant for rear wheel slip not wheelie control… I recently did a 6” to 10” stretch on my 2016 and at first was skeptical but I love it being that I don’t do much track racing but drag and roll racing but even with the 10” stretch front tire still lifts but maybe 6” to 8”…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The traction control settings on the H2 are meant for rear wheel slip not wheelie control… I recently did a 6” to 10” stretch on my 2016 and at first was skeptical but I love it being that I don’t do much track racing but drag and roll racing but even with the 10” stretch front tire still lifts but maybe 6” to 8”…
Okay thanks for that i wasn't sure if it was for wheelie control as well

·
Registered
79 Posts
not true at all. The krtc controls both wheelies, front and rear wheel slip. If you ever looked at a data log you will see that when it detects less speed on the front wheel (because its in the air), it cuts throttle.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep, I did a wheel lift at 164kmh and the computer put it down, it happened so fast I'm glad for that feature.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts