Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not as much Touring but riding to the TT

I'm going with a few mates next year and booking the ferry next month. At the moment it's just about 4 bikes going BUT possibly a car. If the car goes there is no issue but if they don't What would people suggest.

I have 2 bike ruck sacks but both are small and only enough for a few bits. I also have a fanny pack/Bum bag that I've used in the past when bike touring for passport/money and cards etc..

I don't fancy taking a huge back pack as it's a 4+ hour trip to Liverpool. But also don't want to put anything on the bike that may damage the paintwork

So suggestions.
Apart from turn pants inside out, back to front etc...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Travel light with a small backpack with just stuff you need whilst riding - parcel up spare clothes etc and post to wherever you are staying - then post it all back home again !

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a idea I would have never though of. and may work

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That is a tricky question. I've taken sports bikes to the TT before and used a combination of tank-bag and soft throw over panniers plus a small back pack for waterproofs etc but I wouldn't like to put a tank-bag on an H2, as you say it could damage the paintwork. Throw overs probably wouldn't fit with the single seat and those side pieces.

If it were me I would suffer a rucksack for the journey and travel as lightly as possible.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have throw over panniers but won't work on the H2. otherwise I would have used them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
WARNING . Do not be tempted to use a product called Wonder Web , it's a sort of rubber mat full of holes to "protect " (joke ) your paintwork , its surposed to sit on the paintwork to enable panniers and tank bags to be used .
I done a road trip on my old R1 and after a rain shower the combination of water and road dust etc acted like a fine grinding paste that left a permanent dull shadow in the paintwork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts