Ninja H2 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around here the roads are covered with dirt, gravel, rocks etc. After 23,000 miles I have paint chips. Not really bad but there are a couple that catch my eye.

What do you use for touching up the Spark Black?
I have tried a few things including chrome base with transparent black that really didn't work so well.

I ordered some touch up from Kawasaki UK which forwarded me to RS paint limited. I will see and report back on the results.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
well the 2015 doesn't have an option for the bodywork.Like yours shows.Oh well,don't really need it.The small(very)light marks on mine at the top if the midpanel are virtually unnoticeable unless you know they're there.Nobody else would even see em.I used a toothpick and dabbed a bit of gloss black paint in there.Just to fill the undercoat.Nothing extreme.Turned out acceptable.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the 2015 doesn't have an option for the bodywork.Like yours shows.Oh well,don't really need it.The small(very)light marks on mine at the top if the midpanel are virtually unnoticeable unless you know they're there.Nobody else would even see em.I used a toothpick and dabbed a bit of gloss black paint in there.Just to fill the undercoat.Nothing extreme.Turned out acceptable.
The 2015 doesn't have the sparkles that show up in direct light. But I have a feeling that the touchup doesn't have much. It should be close enough. Let's face it, touchup is seldom really invisible. I have a couple of 2mm chips that bug me, and if I can make them less noticeable, all the better.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kinda surprised me they have ANY bodywork paint.Since it's factory color.I guess after the 2015's they maybe stopped using the silver process?
No, the silver process is the same, the only difference is the clear coat as glass prisms in it to sparkle in sunlight. In the shade the paint looks like yours.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update.

I got the paint and it is just plain old flat black. They are trying to figure out what is going on and say they will get back to me. They list spark black but I have a feeling it is Diablo black which it what is on the wheels.

Crap, I have a paint chip that needs attention. I mixed some charcoal gray metallic with black an it is pretty close. But I think I can use the charcoal gray and transparent black and make it better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts