Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called ColorRite looking for touch up paint to hit a few small rock pits in my ’16 rims before putting them away into storage. ColorRite rep called their Kawi paint contact, got back to me a week later and as you can imagine even the rims have a special 2-stage process that can’t be reproduced. So my next question is how close can we get? just pin-hole rock chips so get me in the ballpark. They sent me a couple of sample pens to match to my rims. The one that is pretty spot on is:

Kawasaki 3001-1 Flat Ebony (Flatter)

Just an FYI if you want to touch up your rims…

·
Registered
702 Posts
I called ColorRite looking for touch up paint to hit a few small rock pits in my ’16 rims before putting them away into storage. ColorRite rep called their Kawi paint contact, got back to me a week later and as you can imagine even the rims have a special 2-stage process that can’t be reproduced. So my next question is how close can we get? just pin-hole rock chips so get me in the ballpark. They sent me a couple of sample pens to match to my rims. The one that is pretty spot on is:

Kawasaki 3001-1 Flat Ebony (Flatter)

Just an FYI if you want to touch up your rims…
I got a few rock chips from all the track thrashing I did this season. I've given up on my rear rim and I'm going to keep my current one for hard riding and buy a new rear to keep it in mint condition and street riding.

I also keep a fughedaboudit chain on it anchored to Planet Earth. So that's left a couple of small imperfections. The fact is, that if you're truly riding this thing the way it was meant to be......... HARD, then the wheels won't be kept mint for long.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fact is, that if you're truly riding this thing the way it was meant to be......... HARD, then the wheels won't be kept mint for long.
Rock pits & tire changes are brutal on rims.
here's the solution: put the stock rims in a box :D LOL

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Rock pits & tire changes are brutal on rims.
here's the solution: put the stock rims in a box :D LOL

W/ the single sided swingarm & without the huge OEM muffler the real wheel gets all the glory but the way the front wheel is designed it's pretty sick to look at, specially off the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts