Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tore the bike apart today, so it will be ready for when the parts get here. I was wondering what everyone is doing with the exhaust air valve cables. I figured the brocks full system doesn't have the valve, so what did you guys do with the left over cables hanging?

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
I cable tied the outer cables together poked them up inside near the frame facing skyward and cable tied them to the frame.
When I get the ECU flashed I'll take them and the servo motor out together.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Tore the bike apart today, so it will be ready for when the parts get here. I was wondering what everyone is doing with the exhaust air valve cables. I figured the brocks full system doesn't have the valve, so what did you guys do with the left over cables hanging?
I took all that BS off the bike.... I'm even thinking of taking off the charcoal can under the fuel tank and add some block off plates.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Somefun; I removed all of the smog crap up under the front of the tank. It was quite a bit of stuff. It for sure opens up a lot of space, and makes the bike easier to work on. No need for block off plates, just run a tight fitting hose of proper length between the 2 air injection caps. Be sure to remove the small rubber grommet under your fuel tank cap with caps off the vent. Mike.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Somefun; I removed all of the smog crap up under the front of the tank. It was quite a bit of stuff. It for sure opens up a lot of space, and makes the bike easier to work on. No need for block off plates, just run a tight fitting hose of proper length between the 2 air injection caps. Be sure to remove the small rubber grommet under your fuel tank cap with caps off the vent. Mike.
Tanks man! lol yeah that will be one of my winter projects for sure.... I think I'll also put some new plugs in her also just cuz I'll be in there......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your responses! I hadn't looked where the other end of the cables went, so didn't know how hard the task would be. Definitely will be taking them off though since the rest of the bike is apart.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for your responses! I hadn't looked where the other end of the cables went, so didn't know how hard the task would be. Definitely will be taking them off though since the rest of the bike is apart.
the servo motor is under the end of the tank, you need to remove the tank if you want to remove that two wire

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Personally I'm just going to leave my Kawasaki H2 exactly the way it is.
There's good reasons many times for keeping certain cars, bikes completely stock, the H2 isn't one of them, it was dialed way back and begs to be unleashed.. With stage 2 ECU, PCV, Brocks full exhaust I modified mine to how Kawasaki probably would have wanted the bike to be if not for governmental, legal, emissions bs. Closing the throttle bodies at 10,800 rpm and restricting the bike such a huge amount instead of making power to actual redline on a motor that was engineered to handle all the horsepower in addition to keeping the stock exhaust is like perpetuating a sin. The real value and special part of what the H2 is, isn't reached until that potential is corrected. IMHO of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts