Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks H..but I aint reached it yet.You think maybe a few hundred more RPM...and an H2R gearing setup?It felt SOOOO close.She was hittin rev limiter...I could feel it.After a couple of 'sputters'...I backed out.Perhaps the wind held me back?

I also had that DB killer in there...and a stock airfilter.Brock says(and showed)the DNA allowing around 4-5 HP more.Think I should try it again with these two things reinstalled(or not in the case of the DB killer)??...that also cut some flow...IDK how much...but I know it did.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks H..but I aint reached it yet.You think maybe a few hundred more RPM...and an H2R gearing setup?It felt SOOOO close.She was hittin rev limiter...I could feel it.After a couple of 'sputters'...I backed out.Perhaps the wind held me back?

I also had that DB killer in there...and a stock airfilter.Brock says(and showed)the DNA allowing around 4-5 HP more.Think I should try it again with these two things reinstalled(or not in the case of the DB killer)??...that also cut some flow...IDK how much...but I know it did.
Silver take that stock filter outta there for sure and the DB killer that's works worth 12HP for both and go down two on the rear and your all set.....just be safe kid...>:D

Reactions: Nessuno

·
Registered
867 Posts
I won't go higher that 14,200 drop two on the rear if you hit the limiter. That's already 700 RPM over what they intended. RG blew hit up by turning her too high. (15,000)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"just be safe kid...>:D"...I keep telling myself.."I'm gonna take it easy"...then I go and do this!I have a problem...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Okay...rev limit(14.2) stays then.Thanks for the warning;)

Now that I've seen the real top end on mine...I'm now in no hurry to do anything to get past 200.At least it looks VERY reachable now.I think I'd have gotten somewhat higher if that wind hadn't been blowing.I have another spot that sits in kind of a valley.Usually calm right there.Maybe I'll try that spot next time.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Okay...rev limit(14.2) stays then.Thanks for the warning;)

Now that I've seen the real top end on mine...I'm now in no hurry to do anything to get past 200.At least it looks VERY reachable now.I think I'd have gotten somewhat higher if that wind hadn't been blowing.I have another spot that sits in kind of a valley.Usually calm right there.Maybe I'll try that spot next time.
If you heard the limiter at 195 with a 4/5 mph wind your not gonna get there with the 19/44 cuz your running out of gear. Go down two and that will do the job but add the DNA and pull the DBA killer (with a slid hammer) nice and gentle and that will help with the extra HP for sure. Don't try and pull it out with plyers or vice grips because you will bent it out of shape and it won't fit when you want to put it back in.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
LOL...pliers...yeah...I did at first try that...no way was it gonna slide out.I just remove the can,and tap it out from the inlet side with a long extension.

Can't find any gearing...is there?And how would that affect the low speed performance..I like the wheely factor.The H2R doesn't seem to have and issue wheelying with that gearing.Might this gearing(H2R) have the same effect as a KTRC set on 2 or something with the H2 gearing?

·
Registered
867 Posts
LOL...pliers...yeah...I did at first try that...no way was it gonna slide out.I just remove the can,and tap it out from the inlet side with a long extension.

Can't find any gearing...is there?And how would that affect the low speed performance..I like the wheely factor.The H2R doesn't seem to have and issue wheelying with that gearing.Might this gearing(H2R) have the same effect as a KTRC set on 2 or something with the H2 gearing?
Yeah I have a 42 but I have not installed it yet. Brock sells them. I talked with 650 and he installed the 42 and loves it. It will still come up but not as bad or low of a RPM as she does now. I love the wheelies also but I think it will make the power more usable also. Calm down the twitchy and on off throttle some. You will need to adjust the chain length though. I'm going to buy a new 3D chain and then add the 42 when I do the BST wheels. It will give me something to do during the long winter :crying:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah I have a 42 but I have not installed it yet. Brock sells them. I talked with 650 and he installed the 42 and loves it. It will still come up but not as bad or low of a RPM as she does now. I love the wheelies also but I think it will make the power more usable also. Calm down the twitchy and on off throttle some. You will need to adjust the chain length though. I'm going to buy a new 3D chain and then add the 42 when I do the BST wheels. It will give me something to do during the long winter :crying:
so you are using 19/44 now?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yes

1 - 20 of 44 Posts