Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of speed can we expect from the H2 after doing a full Brocks stage 2 mod (or any build)? About 220mph?
Does this forum have a GPS top speed run thread? couldn’t find one in the search..

·
Registered
265 Posts
What kind of speed can we expect from the H2 after doing a full Brocks stage 2 mod (or any build)? About 220mph?
Does this forum have a GPS top speed run thread? couldn’t find one in the search..
220mph and 227mph is the record for 1 mile and 1.5 mile of a Brocks Stage 2 Ninja H2.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
220mph and 227mph is the record for 1 mile and 1.5 mile of a Brocks Stage 2 Ninja H2.
Excellent.
Do you know if that was with extended swingarm and changed gearing? or just letting the engine breath with no gearing changes..?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Excellent.
Do you know if that was with extended swingarm and changed gearing? or just letting the engine breath with no gearing changes..?

42 tooth rear sprocket and the limiter I think was at 14,500. Maybe Brock can confirm.

Stock Swingarm length but lowered front and rear.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
265 Posts
Choice of gearing seems odd, it’s the same result as the stock 18/44 so why change to 19/41?
On stock gearing the bike will not exceed 209 mph. 19/41 and in the best conditions you can hit 236mph and thats the max because you can't go any larger of 19/41. If you wanna hit 250mph a modified 5th and 6th gears are required.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On stock gearing the bike will not exceed 209 mph. 19/41 and in the best conditions you can hit 236mph and thats the max because you can't go any larger of 19/41. If you wanna hit 250mph a modified 5th and 6th gears are required.
that's some great info there.
I always thought 1 tooth in the front = 3 teeth in the rear, I know that's the case on my zx10. Apparently different on the H2 for some reason..?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
^ you're right about the tall stock gearing, but I don't know what 2.29 means. I'm a dumb racer, not an engineer...LOL

Reactions: Turtle1000

·
Registered
265 Posts
Divide the rear spocket teeth for the front sprocket teeth and you will obtain a number called "Final drive reduction ratio". The lower this number will be, the faster the bike will go. The 3 teeth rule is generic and not precise, but in your calculation you messed up a bit, because if you go up 1 tooth in the front, to have a similar ratio you should go 3 up on the rear and not down.

18/44=2.444 (stock)
19/47=2.473 (just for example won't fit)
19/41=2.157 (tallest gear possible on H2)
18/38=2.111 (just for example won't fit)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you want to hit 250 then a couple of hundred extra horsepower or some serious streamlining will also be required.

I used to make up Excel spreadsheets to calculate gearing but these days Gearing Commander is easier to use but bear in mind that these are theoretical speeds which do not take slippage into consideration.

Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Divide the rear spocket teeth for the front sprocket teeth and you will obtain a number called "Final drive reduction ratio". The lower this number will be, the faster the bike will go. The 3 teeth rule is generic and not precise, but in your calculation you messed up a bit, because if you go up 1 tooth in the front, to have a similar ratio you should go 3 up on the rear and not down.

18/44=2.444 (stock)
19/47=2.473 (just for example won't fit)
19/41=2.157 (tallest gear possible on H2)
18/38=2.111 (just for example won't fit)
great info. thanks that helps me understand better.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I would be interested to hear about anyone doing an accurately measured speed above 200mph on an H2 with a stock exhaust system, by which I mean headers and catalytic converter.

My bike just has the Brock's Mk1 ECU flash, which retains the 13,000rpm limit, and a PCV. Apart from gearing it up that's it for mechanical mods.

The image is one I was playing with in Photoshop with a film grain filter. Me on my bike at Elvington earlier this year on a 205.63mph standing-mile run.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts