Ninja H2 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw the video or the H2R hitting 385 kph and at the end of the video they used the instrument cluster to recall the top speed reached. I have read through the owners manual and can't find the steps the do this on my H2. Is that just a H2R option that's not available on the H2 or is it something simple to get to? Any help would be appreciated. Trying to find out if my max is 65 or 67 kph. :laugh:

·
Banned
546 Posts
I recently saw the video or the H2R hitting 385 kph and at the end of the video they used the instrument cluster to recall the top speed reached. I have read through the owners manual and can't find the steps the do this on my H2. Is that just a H2R option that's not available on the H2 or is it something simple to get to? Any help would be appreciated. Trying to find out if my max is 65 or 67 kph. :laugh:
The cluster on the R is very different from the H2. For example; it can select front/rear, front only or ABS off, it has a lap timer, Max speed recall and a service indicator that keeps track of the hours/minutes over 8,000 rpm. After having both I gotta say, the H2 and R couldn't possibly be any more different. Other than a few body panels and the frame, both bikes are barely even related. Three major differences and a million little ones.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like that is all in the software. May talk to my ECU guy and see what he can unlock.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It sounds like that is all in the software. May talk to my ECU guy and see what he can unlock.
Would it be any use though?

Apart from being between 7% and 10% optimistic the Speedo on the H2 stops at 189mph and that is not something you can adjust in the ECU because it's a function of the dashboard instrumentation.

This was confirmed by Don Guhl and passed on to me by Brock when I was asking about the speedo with reference to the reflash.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
This will be in the ECU of the instrument cluster, not the one for the powertrain. I'm pretty sure the H2 and H2R instrument clusters are the same hardware, but differing software. How different ... remains to be seen. If it's an entirely different internal program then you are probably out of luck. If all of the H2 and H2R functionality are in there and it's just one bit that tells it which type of bike it's in ... that's another matter.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kawasaki 2016 Ninja H2

If you area a 2015 owner maybe ask for the data logger prep upgrade?

ECU Updates: Optimised Control
New engine settings offer optimised power delivery. Electronic system settings were also tweaked, resulting in more natural power delivery when in Rain Mode.
Prepped for Data Logger
In preparation for an aftermarket data logger, a CAN coupler is provided inside the canopy.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts