Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the upper wings off and put the mirrors back on since my bar end setup hasn't been completed yet. It was great to get out.

Man, I hit about 175mph and with the lower winglets combined with the stock mirrors the bike stayed planted at speed. It was so stable I didn't get any vibration or turbulence that I suffered with last season at speeds over 160mph.

I know winglets are expensive but man, I'm convinced that they are not just there for show. Thanks to Racer172 for letting me get a good look at his setup with the lowers and stock mirrors. I also think the lowers make the stock mirrors look meaner. They accentuate the mirrors.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just curious about the title annual inspection ride. Do you have to do that annually to re register the bike? Does someone else like a mechanic have to ride it for this inspection?
Here in Australia it depends what state your in, most states require a mechanic to overlook the bike and test ride to make sure its roadworthy. In my state it's unnecessary, registration is just posted and paid each year automatically
Your bike looks great!
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious about the title annual inspection ride. Do you have to do that annually to re register the bike? Does someone else like a mechanic have to ride it for this inspection?
Here in Australia it depends what state your in, most states require a mechanic to overlook the bike and test ride to make sure its roadworthy. In my state it's unnecessary, registration is just posted and paid each year automatically
Your bike looks great!
Regards
Jeffro ;)

Thanks guys! She runs great!

To answer your question Jeffro here you have to renew registration annually as well as inspect the vehicle. I think the only time I had to get the inspection before registering the vehicle is when I purchased a used bike via private sale.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
For it to pass with that exhaust (no catalyst and not much muffling), it can't be much of an inspection!

"ya, whatever; looks like a motorcycle; here's your renewal" type thing?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
For it to pass with that exhaust (no catalyst and not much muffling), it can't be much of an inspection!

"ya, whatever; looks like a motorcycle; here's your renewal" type thing?

LoL! Yeah basically...no test rides & like most states in NY there is no emissions or exhaust decibel checking at annual inspection, motorcycles are exempt, catalytic converters aren't looked for/at,,, as long as you have a "muffler".

·
Registered
148 Posts
What kind of bar mirror set up are you going with? I haven't found a set up I like yet and want to keep the wings on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts