Ninja H2 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rolled 500 miles on my odometer and my stock tire is just about toast. So the question is should I get another stock Bridgestone rear and when that goes again change both tires out to Dunlop GPA Pros? My front's got life but I'm going to need a rear. What did you guys do?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
After a season of land speed racing, which was around thirty-odd standing-mile runs and some road miles, I bought a new rear RS10. The odo' had 1,300 miles recorded. Next time around I'll be replacing both and most likely I'll buy RS10's again.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm with Bob on this. RS10s are awesome! I only run the Dunlop GPA Pros on the track for that extra insurance and wear life of the rear tire.

You have to be careful with the Dunlops too because they like heat. So on cooler days you won't be able to ride confidently or get them up to temp on the street.

Stick with the RS10s for the street in my opinion. The RS10 front grips almost as well as a full on race tire. It's brilliant!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ thank you both, I'll stick to the RS10s for the street.

Anyone been running slicks on the track? I only run Pirelli SC1s on my zx10 for track or street, wondering how they would feel on the H2..

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I was thinking about street Super Corsa's for my first replacement. They did VERY VERY good for me on my Panigale.

NOLA

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has ANYONE on here run slicks on their H2?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Has ANYONE on here run slicks on their H2?
I have not. I debated it long and hard because I was going to run the KR448/449.

The Dunlop slick is a heavier tire so I didn't want it to adversely affect the handling, especially when the GPA Pros provide just as much grip.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I found the limit with GPA , delaminated a front tire on the LSR busa at 256mph , came to the conclusion there a great tire when within there design parameters
like on a 180kg bike using warmers and top potential speed at 180-190mph, i will not use them on a high speed run again

·
Registered
702 Posts
I found the limit with GPA , delaminated a front tire on the LSR busa at 256mph , came to the conclusion there a great tire when within there design parameters
like on a 180kg bike using warmers and top potential speed at 180-190mph, i will not use them on a high speed run again
Wow! That is highly educational. Thanks for posting.

Not to insult your intelligence, but I have to ask.... Was the front mounted correctly? The front GPA Pro is not reversible. Only the rear. 256mph is enough to overwhelm pretty much any tire on a given day, no?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes mounted correctly , just way beyond its design
only a couple of tires tested reliably in this range ,
old now BT003 was a great tire , done about 10 passes in high 240 to max of 258 with no sign of problem, Al Lamb ran them on his Honda to 265mph with lots of passes over 240 , and i believe a lot of the standing start mile guys in this speed range used them too
If your main game is trackdays then the GPA is probably a better choice than the 003 ,

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So my stock RS10 is cooked after 600 miles, it was sliding out on me in the canyons today. Putting on another RS10 tomorrow, after that is cooked I’ll probably go to a different set, not sure what yet.

·
Registered
702 Posts
So my stock RS10 is cooked after 600 miles, it was sliding out on me in the canyons today. Putting on another RS10 tomorrow, after that is cooked I’ll probably go to a different set, not sure what yet.

Your pressures are low. Bump them up a tad and see if you get more miles. The RS10s are so cheap I'd gladly go through 2-3 rears a season (Street) for the grip that they offer.

Also, based on the pics, your wear is quite good.

As a point of reference, my RS10 rear gets swapped after 150 track miles or 1000 street miles. Whichever comes first.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess I don't ride nearly as hard as you guys cause I'm at 3k miles on the daily now and still got some good tread on the tires. But I'm mostly highway commuting so I guess that's why... it's not all spirited riding.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
she gets a new set of tires today..

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was thinking about street Super Corsa's for my first replacement. They did VERY VERY good for me on my Panigale.

NOLA

NOLA is correct I ran them at two track days on my H2, they stick well, but I cheated because I used warmers.

Rhody...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took my wheels over to my mechanic to get the new RS10s put on and he didn’t have the right wheel balancer for the H2’s rear wheel, so I remembered Turbo329 talking about a Marc Parnes wheel balancer on his YouTube recording, ordered it up, should have it tomorrow, Thanks Nate.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah, my dealer is going to have to order the adapter for the machine to balance the rear wheel.

I am going to go with the RS10 one more time (I am at 2,100, and needing a new rear one, and I ride conservatively)

When its time to change the front and rear I am going with SuperCorsa's. I can get 5,000 out of them.

NOLA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts