Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you guys do trackdays, I know Nate does, but lets talk tire warmers. For the last few years I've been using my Chicken Hawk professional line tire warmers, silver foil looking and they have the digital power module, sell for $600+ Well they didn't last me very long, was having trouble with one of them not getting up to temp, sent it back to CH and tuns out it was a faulty power module which I had to pay for (CH is known for shitty warranty). Got the warmers back and they were still inconsistent with temp. So with all my trackdays lined up for this year I said screw it I'm getting a good set. Asked my guy what warmers are considered the best and he said the MotoGP crews us Capit warmers, so that's what I got. Capit makes some less expensive warmers too, but these are the Suprema Vision (about $900). I used them this past weekend and they are night-n-day better than my previous set. Once you get your hands on them you can just feel the difference, they are made from a different material, and they have a 2yrs warranty. Anyway if you want the best, these are it. Oh and I also got the optional condoms.. what are those you ask? (I didn't know either).. they are covers like a jacket that go over the warmers so the warmers can get to temp when it windy. I din't put the condoms on last weekend so no picks yet, maybe next time.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wow! Perfect timing because I've been strongly considering upgrading my warmers to the CH top of the line. I have the 1st generation CH and they've served me well for the last 10 years.

I will have to give Capit some consideration.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Terry, are you still using the Bridgestone RS10?

I ask because I've only used these for standing-miles and a few gentle road rides but I remember doing track days in the past with "road rubber" and finding overheating was an issue after a few laps. I guess modern compounds are a little better?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terry, are you still using the Bridgestone RS10?
No Bob I stopped using the RS10s after my 2nd set, I was shredding the rear in just 2 Sunday canyon runs. Since then I've been using the Dunlop GPA Pros (race spec tires) for the street and as of last weekend I've switched to Dunlop slicks for the track.

@Turbo329 Nate I opened up the condoms so you could see what they look like:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts