Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed on mine today
looks awesome and FINALLY she sounds the way she should
i ll put a pick up soon:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Boosted10R

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The H2 exhaust is one-piece back to the can, so did you have to cut it to fit the mid pipe?

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Pretty sure it will be same as what I have, all stock through the butterfly valve. Runs fine, sounds good, looks better, noticeable weight loss.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
having problems getting photos off my phone
yes its all stock to the butterfly
then a pipe to the muffler
looks great nice fit and sound
and a very noticeable weigh loss

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
having problems getting photos off my phone
yes its all stock to the butterfly
then a pipe to the muffler
looks great nice fit and sound
and a very noticeable weigh loss
Did you have to cut the original system before the cat to fit this Hindle link pipe?

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
It's the same setup that I have. No cutting. The original exhaust is completely stock from the headers through the catalyst and pre-muffler through the butterfly valve.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's the same setup that I have. No cutting. The original exhaust is completely stock from the headers through the catalyst and pre-muffler through the butterfly valve.
i endorse this statment
also i like being able to hear how the motor sounds
i makes me feel more at home
cant say if there been a perf increase beside the lost weight that i noticed right away
also i like the look a lot better

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

I don't understand. A link pipe is the piece between the exhaust headers and the muffler. The H2 system is one piece from the cylinder head back to the muffler. How can you fit a Hindle link pipe without any cutting? Or are we using different terminology?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"completely stock from the headers through the catalyst and pre-muffler through the butterfly valve"...so you basically just installed the Hindle muffler then?That Cat is pretty heavy actually.Flow rate hasn't changed then...right?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"completely stock from the headers through the catalyst and pre-muffler through the butterfly valve"...so you basically just installed the Hindle muffler then?That Cat is pretty heavy actually.Flow rate hasn't changed then...right?
i would think flow rate has increased just buy looking through a hindle which is open all the way and trying to look through a stock anchor which cant be done i am so over keeping that lump on my bike i ll keep it though but glad to have it off its like loosing a off center passenger

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
once the warrenty is up
complete full exhaust
stage 3 flash
nitrous
cant believe how easy it was to get used to the power
all my other bikes are now wanna be s
i cant get off this f.....king thing its too much fun

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the ti pipe has gone a nice shade of brownish

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
The main thing here is that the 17 lb stock muffler has been replaced with something that weighs a lot less (it's noticeable) and it sounds a lot better without being obnoxious.

I am quite okay with keeping a street bike emissions-legal and non-cop-attracting (i.e. reasonably quiet) and with stock driveability.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Now I understand. Not a link pipe as in connecting headers to exhaust can. A link pipe to go from the catalyst to a shorty can.

A picture's worth a thousand words. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts