Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent about 300+ miles at a number of track days on my 2011 BMW S1000RR. It has a nice beefy throttle return spring, and has saved my bacon more than once.

For the love of God, why did Kawasaki put a spring that is super light in the H2 !!! To me it flies in the face of common sense. A light spring in a bumpy corner on the H2 on boost is an accident waiting to happen, traction control or not. See pic below. It looks fairly straight forward to get at the spring. I intend to install one with similar resistance to my BMW on the H2.

For street riders the only thing I can think of is saving wrist cramps on long rides. Even then, bumpy corners are still an issue. I will report on the part number when I find a good one that works for me.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Rhody... :confused:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have spent about 300+ miles at a number of track days on my 2011 BMW S1000RR. It has a nice beefy throttle return spring, and has saved my bacon more than once.

For the love of God, why did Kawasaki put a spring that is super light in the H2 !!! To me it flies in the face of common sense. A light spring in a bumpy corner on the H2 on boost is an accident waiting to happen, traction control or not. See pic below. It looks fairly straight forward to get at the spring. I intend to install one with similar resistance to my BMW on the H2.

For street riders the only thing I can think of is saving wrist cramps on long rides. Even then, bumpy corners are still an issue. I will report on the part number when I find a good one that works for me.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Rhody... :confused:
Spring shouldn't be a big deal in corners if throttle pull and return cables

have the slack adjusted out of them.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Like Dolan said, have you tried eliminating slack first?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like Dolan said, have you tried eliminating slack first?
Bazza,

I am going to try it, put a zip tie on the forks and playing with engine braking normal/light and the TC modes, wont really know for sure what is best till I hit Thompson Track in CT in a few weeks, funny too, I had a 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300 that I got bored with and sold, it had too much spring, so I backed it off 2 turns and it was perfect, never went to the track so comfort was more an issue then.

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sat on a brand new 2015 R1 today, same spring tension as my BMW, maybe a little more stout. Can't fathom mother Kawi's thinking on this one.

Rhody...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts