Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
me too! 3 years, and every time I rode it its like the first time, amazing vibration-free endless power.

tome to time I rode other (aspirdated hahahaha) 1000cc bike... no match for the low end (4k-6k) rpm punch of the super charged engine.

and when things turn over 12k... the difference is just overwhelming

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine was three years old in March, one of the first in the UK. It's done 2,500 miles now, mostly up and down runways at LSR meetings and got me into the Speed Record Club's hall of fame. No plans to change either.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have only had mine 5 months and I have over 5000 miles and 4 sets of tires. But it looks like I will get double the mileage out of the Michelin RS compared to the Bridgestone RS tires. I just love riding it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have only had mine 5 months and I have over 5000 miles and 4 sets of tires. But it looks like I will get double the mileage out of the Michelin RS compared to the Bridgestone RS tires. I just love riding it.
I'm getting at least two meetings out of a rear RS10. That must be almost 50 miles. Longevity is bottom of the list and I get on well with the Bridgestone.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm getting at least two meetings out of a rear RS10. That must be almost 50 miles. Longevity is bottom of the list and I get on well with the Bridgestone.
If you are getting so little out of them, you should try a set of Michelins. First it will handle so much better. They stick at least as well and wear much better. Not because the rubber is harder, but because Michelin understands carcass control. If you don't like them, it is not like you have to live with them very long.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had mine three years in May. It currently sits with around 6000km on it. I have a set of Diablo Rosso II's ready to be fitted, which would be the third set. I've bought another ECU and had it flashed by Guhl. Unfortunately, the bike is currently on the opposite side of the planet, lol. Another three months before I see it again...

It could be worse... The weather in Bournemouth could be bad, lol.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you are getting so little out of them, you should try a set of Michelins. First it will handle so much better. They stick at least as well and wear much better. Not because the rubber is harder, but because Michelin understands carcass control. If you don't like them, it is not like you have to live with them very long.
I did look at the Michelin Power RS which is highly rated in our UK magazine Performance Bikes recent test. Perhaps when I need to change the front too I will buy a pair. While I'm only replacing the rear I won't mix them. Thanks for the recommendation..

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is the last sport bike I will buy. I love the thing. I have a bit of sorting to do. And have decided to do a Woolich flash. But it is a stunning bike and like Supercharged, there is nothing out there that even comes close.
I thought the same in 2015 , I thought my R1 would have been my last sports bike as I had just lost interest in them and preferred “interesting bikes “ either rare or old or 1980s classics .
Then Kawasaki produced the H2, it has it all , without a doubt a classic , bonkers power , super interesting, supercharged , and to top it all unique paint .
I’m pretty sure it will be the pinnacle of my bike ownership history .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I thought the same in 2015 , I thought my R1 would have been my last sports bike as I had just lost interest in them and preferred “interesting bikes “ either rare or old or 1980s classics .
Then Kawasaki produced the H2, it has it all , without a doubt a classic , bonkers power , super interesting, supercharged , and to top it all unique paint .
I’m pretty sure it will be the pinnacle of my bike ownership history .
I should have said the last new sports bike I will buy. I restore bikes, and one never knows what one will come across. Finishing up a 69 Yamaha 125 Enduro (AT1). Just sold a 73 Suzuki GT380. Would love to get my hands on 72-73 H2 to restore. But for my riding the H2 IMHO is the finest motorcycle ever built, not just the power but everything else. Anyway I am old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts