Ninja H2 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thirty years on a Harley and I go out and buy one of these things... :eek: ...What was I Thinking !!!

Hello all, got the bike thought I'd better join the forum. With my previous sport bike history (NONE) I think I'll need all the help I can get.

First hurdle, learning where your feet go...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hahaha that's awesome man congrats! Just be careful this girl is not any Harley.....

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thirty years on a Harley and I go out and buy one of these things... :eek: ...What was I Thinking !!!

Hello all, got the bike thought I'd better join the forum. With my previous sport bike history (NONE) I think I'll need all the help I can get.

Interesting change of direction ! Your feet go about 14 inches back and four inches higher than they have been for the last thirty years .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Harley to sport bikes

:)

I DID THE SAME THING. I WAS INTO SPORT BIKES UP TO 1992 WHEN I HAD A KAWAI ZX-11. Then I went to the DARK SIDE (slow) Harley's. I had Harleys from 1992 thru 2014. Then I decided to go back to my Roots & got back into Sport Bikes. I now have the 2015 H2, 2016 Aprilia Touno Factory, & the KTM Super Duke 1290 R. I doubt that I would ever go back to a Harley unless they came out with a competitive Performance Sport bike. Harley needs the KTM Super Duke 1290R engine but then it probably would sound like a Harley.

I am waiting to see what Victory is going into production with their Pikes Peak 156 Engine(Revealed one concept at The Italy M/C show & are going to reveal another at the NY :) M/C show on 12/11) Also waiting for Kawasaki to come out with a production version of the SC-01 Concept ( Road version of the H2)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Road version of the H2"...LOL...the H2 IS the road version;)That concept bike is a different animal.Not so good lookin either IMO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
"Road version of the H2"...LOL...the H2 IS the road version;)That concept bike is a different animal.Not so good lookin either IMO.

A true road version(at least for me) would have bars like my other 2 "Naked Bikes" for a comfortable sitting position. However, don't get me wrong. I love the bike & will probably never sell it, but it would be more comfortable on road trips if it had upright bars.

I consider the SC-01 Concept a retro Cafe Racer design with upright bars for comfort on road trips.

Kawai in Italy stated that they will be coming out with 12 new bikes in the next 2 years & at least 7 (over 50%) will be supercharged. I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
787 Posts
A true road version(at least for me) would have bars like my other 2 "Naked Bikes" for a comfortable sitting position. However, don't get me wrong. I love the bike & will probably never sell it, but it would be more comfortable on road trips if it had upright bars.

I consider the SC-01 Concept a retro Cafe Racer design with upright bars for comfort on road trips.

Kawai in Italy stated that they will be coming out with 12 new bikes in the next 2 years & at least 7 (over 50%) will be supercharged. I can hardly wait.
Two interesting things here ,,,

The idea of a higher screen and more touring style aeros were my first concern hence this study photo.

Secondly mathematical 12 is an interesting number and it can only be 7 ,,, 6 is half and 8 is two thirds. 9 is three quarters and though all these numbers are over 50% only 7 really works.

Been looking at a 62 year old AJS 500cc thumper, should be interesting after the H2!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Cool pic there...I had a 12..2004 model...F'n awesome ride.

It really can't compare to my H2 though...much as I loved that bike.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Cool pic there...I had a 12..2004 model...F'n awesome ride.

It really can't compare to my H2 though...much as I loved that bike.
If the H2 had the 12's comfort. If the 12 had bembo's , dog rings, supercharger TC ABS QS and state of the art suspension. If that fence hadn't of been there.....:D

·
Registered
867 Posts
:)

I DID THE SAME THING. I WAS INTO SPORT BIKES UP TO 1992 WHEN I HAD A KAWAI ZX-11. Then I went to the DARK SIDE (slow) Harley's. I had Harleys from 1992 thru 2014. Then I decided to go back to my Roots & got back into Sport Bikes. I now have the 2015 H2, 2016 Aprilia Touno Factory, & the KTM Super Duke 1290 R. I doubt that I would ever go back to a Harley unless they came out with a competitive Performance Sport bike. Harley needs the KTM Super Duke 1290R engine but then it probably would sound like a Harley.

I am waiting to see what Victory is going into production with their Pikes Peak 156 Engine(Revealed one concept at The Italy M/C show & are going to reveal another at the NY :) M/C show on 12/11) Also waiting for Kawasaki to come out with a production version of the SC-01 Concept ( Road version of the H2)
I love my Super Duke! What a great all around bike. I had 150 miles on her and modded the **** outta her....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
God that hurts my heart you wrecking.You're healing up okay,yes?

@ Some...you like it...awesome!It's a cool bike for sure;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
God that hurts my heart you wrecking.You're healing up okay,yes?

@ Some...you like it...awesome!It's a cool bike for sure;)
12 weeks ago tomorrow since I was on the slab,, Whole things made me kinder and harder. The worse of all the Ifs was what if I'd never even had a H2?

What a good reason to get back to full strength +... Body and particularly the mind are truly incredible.

Never intended keeping it stock so I'm sure it will all pan out ok. cheers

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"The worse of all the Ifs was what if I'd never even had a H2?
..you wouldn't be where ya are just now...that's for sure.

·
Registered
787 Posts
"The worse of all the Ifs was what if I'd never even had a H2?
..you wouldn't be where ya are just now...that's for sure.
I'm pretty sure this time of year on a Sunday night I would be in my Lazy boy chair tapping keys waiting to write a nice reply to yourself or having a dig with SUPERCHARGED.

Another if,,,if it was in my density...destiny.

I would certainly have been more upset if I hadn't took my chance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey all thanks for the replies and tips on "feet position" they have come in handy. Now if I could just get the leaning forward bit down I will be half way there...
I have to say it was the supercharger that convinced me to buy the H2 and the fact I could ride it on the road over the H2R. I still have the Harley's and probably wont part with them but this animal is a real beast to ride. (and ya gotta love the fuel mileage)
I am going to have to be on a fast learning curve with this bike as it does not leave much room for error and I am hoping to pick up some valuable tips along the way from this forum. I am a bit of a rev head as they say and I do see some performance upgrades into the future but for now it's just going back to the basics.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm pretty sure this time of year on a Sunday night I would be in my Lazy boy chair tapping keys waiting to write a nice reply to yourself or having a dig with SUPERCHARGED.

Another if,,,if it was in my density...destiny.

I would certainly have been more upset if I hadn't took my chance.
Another spelling mistake ? Should that not read " i'm pretty sure this time of year for Sunday night I would be in my lady boy "

·
Registered
787 Posts
Glad your feeling better SUPERC...

I'd sooner be in a lady,,,man, smoking a fat one.

You'd be in Chris from Family Guy like Herbert in a shot if the lardy boy would let you.

Anyway any whole (bike) is a goal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts