Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sure is a thirsty beast
not a lot of range if your on it

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've got a 260 mile trip Sunday which will require 4 tank fulls. That rendering of an endurance racer based on a H2 with a larger tank could be the answer. :nerd:

·
Registered
97 Posts
25 MPG City Driving

sure is a thirsty beast
not a lot of range if your on it

My H2 had a full tank when I picked it up. The Low Fuel Light came on with only 75 miles on the speedo. Took 3 gallons to fill up which of course equals 25mpg. Of course, this doesn't surprise me. Supercharged engines do not get great mileage but they sure are fun! I love the Bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After some break-in time (now a little over 700 miles), mine has improved to 33ish mpg. It has been my experience in the past that Kawi builds tight engines and it takes them some time to achieve their best mpg numbers. But, did we really buy it as an econo-bike? >:D

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My first day's ride I was getting around 28mpg.After about 180 miles...she started getting about 34,at times 40 something.We'll see on my next ride....all in the wrist IMO.Plus the new motor breaking in.;)I was in fact getting at numerous times at around 200 miles 48-55 mpg at times.Cruising.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i wasnt looking for fuel economy when i bought
i was just saying
probably do a lot better cruising in 6th if i want

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine is currently indicating 35 miles per gallon. A friend is only getting 25 though. Not sure why that is, we're both running in and keeping the revs down and the throttle light.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Maybe someone here could help me with just HOW to read this fuel guage deal.I fill her up....and on the display it shows a number of how many gallons used during a ride...however....is there a way to see where it's at at any given time?Like a display or something?Maybe I've just missed where it is or whatever.Any fuel level indicators?Besides the yellow 'gas pump' icon?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Maybe someone here could help me with just HOW to read this fuel guage deal.I fill her up....and on the display it shows a number of how many gallons used during a ride...however....is there a way to see where it's at at any given time?Like a display or something?Maybe I've just missed where it is or whatever.Any fuel level indicators?Besides the yellow 'gas pump' icon?
There is no fuel level indicator apart from the low fuel light. I simply reset the 'fuel used' readout each time I fill with fuel - I know how much fuel the tank takes, the readout tells me how much I have used, so I can quickly work out how much I have left !

·
Registered
3 Posts
i went on a 120 mile small trip the other week and got an indicated average of 37 mpg.
of course i kept the speed around 55 mph and was very conservative on the throttle, on the way back it dropped to 34 mpg, i got bored and was not as conservative (closer to the way i normally ride on this trip)

i believe my 2011 zx 10 did that same trip and averaged at least 40 mpg

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
There is no fuel level indicator apart from the low fuel light. I simply reset the 'fuel used' readout each time I fill with fuel - I know how much fuel the tank takes, the readout tells me how much I have used, so I can quickly work out how much I have left !
Pebs said..."I simply reset the 'fuel used' readout each time I fill with fuel "

Okay...so how do you reset that display?And thanks....I'll be doing that.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Pebs said..."I simply reset the 'fuel used' readout each time I fill with fuel "

Okay...so how do you reset that display?And thanks....I'll be doing that.
Press the 'down' button on the left side switchgear until the 'fuel used' readout appears - then hold the down button for two or three seconds and it will reset to zero.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
First fill-up today at 144 km on the odometer, and it took about 13 litres - but I don't know how much the dealer filled the tank before I took delivery. The consumption indicator is showing around 9 litres per 100 km, which makes sense given the numbers. I couldn't figure out how to reset the tripmeter at the filling station ... Time to read the book.

Today was the first ride in warmer temperatures. Crap is this thing ever strong ... and the steering is light and neutral, which makes it even better.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If you see a fuel station ,,,grab it while you can. I will have a better idea tomorrow.
He, She,,,,,, Oh feck ( IT ) has been smashed through the rev range and gears up till now so I haven't a clue.

Hopefully it will be economical enough to join the Baaarp Baaarp brigade.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've done 260 miles today. . Due to roadworks and average speed cameras and volume of traffic on one leg of the journey I know 40 + mpg is achieve able. I don't like riding Sundays cos most cage owners are out their comfort zone visiting whatever so wasn't in the mood to do much unnecessary. IT ( not HE a boy or SHE a girl ) still surprises ..... 34 mpg ( 7.5 miles to the litre ) is the figure for today.

·
Registered
574 Posts
24.9 mpg but was varying the speed and rpm a lot. Hit 124 mph one time and it wasn't working hard at all, maybe about 8,000 rpm. I did have a cop follow me for about 10 miles at one point, but I passed a slow car in the twisties and moved on ahead of him. Fun ride and the brakes are just awesome.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's as good as a normal fuel gauge. Just reads from zero to 17 litres instead of the other way. The main difference being you have to brim the tank and reset it for it to be meaningful. I tend to use one of the trip meters which I zero when I fill the tank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts