Ninja H2 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there are a lot of folks that don't like tank bags. My son doesn't like them he rides with back pack which I just don't care for. But, I have always loved having a small tank bag on my sport bikes. I usually use a small magnetic tank bag, but I did not want to take any chances with leaving any rub marks on this paint. So I ordered the Givi tank lock tank bag. I like this one because it does not touch the paint at all. I have not had a chance to ride with it yet, I kind of wish it was a little bit more forward from where it is. I think it will be ok, I will let you know once I get a chance to take a ride. Now if I can figure out a throttle lock, come on throttlemeister I am waiting.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks like you will need some handlebar risers there. As crazy as that looks, I'd say that classifies as art also.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turns out, I did not like it either. It was impossible to ride with it on there. I made it to the end of my drive way and turned around and removed it. So sad too, I really wanted it to work. If they come out with a smaller bag I may try again. I will just have to put the necessary things I carry in my pockets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just fitted the same thing for my Isle of Man TT trip, if you turn the ring round so the bag is facing the other way it gives loads more rider room.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never had a use for any throttle control devices, I simply place my palm on the grip with a small section of it over on the bar end, once I'm at the speed I like and I keep light pressure on my hands which is a natural thing anyways, the bike will stay there at that speed.
I've done thousands of miles of long distance touring and find this to be a simple fix.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not a fan of how tank bags look at all & they get in the way of a full tuck but it's been aggravating not being able to carry items or shed/add a layer. The miniscule storage space in my tail is already full w/ small emergency type stuff. I have an Ogio back pack but it's a PITA to deal w/ all day.

Sometimes I'm out on the bike from early in the am till late at night. With my touring Harley's I can take whatever I need but tired of getting caught w/ the wrong gear on the H2. I wanted the smallest bag possible that would fit a visor, a 2nd set of gloves/liners, sunglasses, etc. I didn't want a strap mount & the ring mount bags that I've seen either sit too high or take up too much space inside the bag but if anyone has had success w/ one for the H2 would like to hear more.

Since my gas tank is covered in Expel film I don't have to worry about it rubbing on the paint so for now bought this "Cortech Super 2.0 Low Profile" magnetic tank bag. I like that it's semi rigid. In low profile it's 5 liters & expands to 10L.

Use GPS Nav so don't need a map pocket but plan on using the clear map pocket for my EZ-Pass & probably a power bank that connects to my iPhone... With the map pocket removed:

There's 4 strong magnets on the bottom of the bag and another 2 on each side flap. I tried pushing on it from the front but it doesn't move without pushing it more than the force of wind would behind the wind screen. After about 2 hours riding w/ blasts to 150 + didn't budge. It has a anker strap that I slipped through triple tree just in case. This will help when pulling the bag off for fill ups but when in place also makes it so the bag won't lift at all.

Here's the bag expanded to 10 Liters by opening a zipper, don't plan on using it expanded but it's nice to have that option:

It's tight in 5 liter/non expanded mode for my visor but fits/zips.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Good solution for your needs but have you considered buying one of the new 'react to light " visors ? They are fantastic and go completely clear for night riding too very dark for sunny rides .
I think mine was around £120 GBP so they are fairly expensive but i cannot recommend them highly enough .

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good solution for your needs but have you considered buying one of the new 'react to light " visors ? They are fantastic and go completely clear for night riding too very dark for sunny rides .
I think mine was around £120 GBP so they are fairly expensive but i cannot recommend them highly enough .

Thanks, I have, I was going to post about that below, that's a great solution but I'm kinda stuck. I've always owned Shoeis & Arais but since I bought an AGV Pista (Rossi - Wish You Were Here) I don't/can't use them, the AGV is really that much better. It's lighter, vents better, cuts through the wind better, has more peripheral vision, looks better & is just much more comfortable to me... AGV makes a very expensive LCD visor but it's never actually "clear", it starts off in light to medium smoke & then turns to dark smoke.....

The visor is a big reason for the tank bag but if it was solely about the visor I wouldn't bother w/ the tank bag, I could manage to take a pair of sunglasses to wear w/ a clear visor. It's that plus other stuff. Unfortunately when you ride with a lot of people, shitt happens, you get delayed or end up in long rides you didn't plan on. I've got over 12,000 miles on my H2, there's been rides where I'm a couple hundred miles from home and a sunny day turns into a cold night & would have killed for my thermo base layer shirt & cold weather gloves. Or have gone out with heavier gloves & extra shirt on a cold morning and would have really liked to shed/switch to lighter gear.... Guess I'm getting old.

I'm also lead rider on a long rides so need GPS Nav but that uses a lot of battery. My radar is hard wired but haven't hard wired my iPhone because haven't found a wiring harness that doesn't seem to short out. W/ the bag it will be easier to keep a power bank phone charger in the bag connected to my phone which is mounted as well as having the clear map pocket for my EZ-Pass, place for my e-cig, etc. Even being able to take a bottle of water w/ me after a fuel stop would be nice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts