Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i just pulled a rivet out of my back wheel(fully deflated, mustve done it yesterday).. tried taking the rear wheel off... and the **** off massive exhaust makes it impossible. its already dark and i dont have the light/patience to figure out how to dismantle the exhaust tonight.. but is this correct? do i have to remove the exhaust to be able to remove the rear wheel? or is there a trick I've missed? feels like a engineering fail..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this was the first time i attempted to remove the exhaust.. and its a lot easier than i thought it would be. just need allen keys or a bit that goes in the drill, and a socket set, and its off in a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
this was the first time i attempted to remove the exhaust.. and its a lot easier than i thought it would be. just need allen keys or a bit that goes in the drill, and a socket set, and its off in a few minutes.
Yes, it's really no hassle when you know exactly which key and spanner you need. I used to change the end cans frequently on my Hayabusa, from race to road-legal, it took minutes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually havent checked the air pressure since getting the tyre back.. i just do the feel test before jumping on... lol. I prob only bother with testing the pressure maybe every 2 weeks.. sometimes 3. but ive been babying the tyre a little bit, but the plug seems fine so far.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
If you are doing twisty roads (or track days), the factory recommended 36 psi front 42 psi rear is much too high. Try 30 - 32 and go from there.

The factory high pressure may be ok for high-speed straight-line runs and day-to-day commuting etc.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You know it's bad I probably pay more attention to tire pressure on my sports cars than I do my bikes, I really should be doing it the other way around. Something a lot of cars have now are TPMS tire pressure monitoring sensors mounted inside the wheels that show up as numerical pressure/lb values on the dash & will send a warning if pressure in any tire drops suddenly or below a % from the others. From all the possible info. it's the screen I always have on in my cars so I can hopefully see an issue before a big problem arises like ruining a wheel or even worse, losing control. Why can't we have this on the dash of a sport bike where it could REALLY be even more important. I couldn't care less about mpgs on my H2 or if Im in an economical riding range, either I am or I'm not depending on how aggressive Im riding. I'd rather see real time tire pressures front & rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts