Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, I tried it last week when I had to ride home through a tropical downpour. It works very well, gentle power up to 4,000 rpm then virtually NOTHING.

So very safe in wet, slippery conditions as long as you remember it's like riding a 125 and won't go much over 70mph.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I tried it last week when I had to ride home through a tropical downpour. It works very well, gentle power up to 4,000 rpm then virtually NOTHING.

So very safe in wet, slippery conditions as long as you remember it's like riding a 125 and won't go much over 70mph.
I think use the traction control 3 is better

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think use the traction control 3 is better
I used that a couple of months ago. I went for an early morning ride when I was running the bike in. It was cold and the road surface was damp. I could feel Mode 3 working each time rear lost traction. I don't think it makes you invincible or crash-proof but it lessens the chance of losing it under power and of course you can still lose the front.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used that a couple of months ago. I went for an early morning ride when I was running the bike in. It was cold and the road surface was damp. I could feel Mode 3 working each time rear lost traction. I don't think it makes you invincible or crash-proof but it lessens the chance of losing it under power and of course you can still lose the front.
Just tried today, same as your feeling(restricted at 4k rpm), the bike seems have no power to move in front of traffic light below 3000 rpm.
I feel it is harder to ride it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Put it on accidently on the move don't know how I did that was wondering whats wrong with my bike then noticed the umbrella.
A 250 could drag you of with it on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Put it on accidently on the move don't know how I did that was wondering whats wrong with my bike then noticed the umbrella.
A 250 could drag you of with it on.
Also did that by an accident, i actually turned back home to get the bike back to the dealer and tell him WTF!! Then i saw that umbrella... would have been realy embarrasing if i had gone back to the dealer and told him it was broken....:)

i do think it's a completly useless mode, ridgeracer talked about using that as a way to get different powermodes like the zx10r, don't know how that went, have'nt heard from him for a while on this forum. it would be nice to have a everyday powermode and a "kill'em all mode" that's maybe hard on the bike but you don't us it so much.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Well stated.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You can switch these modes on the fly...all except the KTRC 'OFF'.I'm not quite understanding why someone would want to be in the higher restricted KTRC settings.The bike isn't gonna fly out from under ya.Setting 1 or 'off' is what I have mine set to.Any slipping at the rear on the road(dry road)is only gonna happen if you're being really crazy with the throttle.In a turn that is.You'd have to be doing well above the speed limit for that,OR,something in the road to cause a slip.I know most(maybe)don't ride this bike like a conventional sportbike(meaning going totally nutso)in all road conditions.I don't.But I might be in the minority on this.The more i ride,the more I realize...there's so many things out of my control up the road.I don't want to be a statistic.

Wrecking this bike would totally break my heart.I love it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can switch these modes on the fly...all except the KTRC 'OFF'.I'm not quite understanding why someone would want to be in the higher restricted KTRC settings.The bike isn't gonna fly out from under ya.Setting 1 or 'off' is what I have mine set to.Any slipping at the rear on the road(dry road)is only gonna happen if you're being really crazy with the throttle.In a turn that is.You'd have to be doing well above the speed limit for that,OR,something in the road to cause a slip.I know most(maybe)don't ride this bike like a conventional sportbike(meaning going totally nutso)in all road conditions.I don't.But I might be in the minority on this.The more i ride,the more I realize...there's so many things out of my control up the road.I don't want to be a statistic.

yes, I ride it in mode 1 also(on dry road,
it rain light yesterday, so try the rain mode, very strange feeling

·
Registered
574 Posts
The Kawasaki rep set my bike up and put it on #1 for me to learn. I messed with it and had the KTRC off in no time and haven't gone back.

Reactions: yavimaya

·
Registered
126 Posts
i turn the ktc off when i remember. but most times im already riding when i think about it, so just leave it on 1.. i had it on 3 once.. and had it losing power on a turn.. wasnt keen on that feeling.. wasnt even turning hard or going fast.. made me feel uneasy and almost like i wanted to drop the leg down when the power dropped.. but the stock tyres on the bike i find are really sticky and havent had any loss of traction on a bend or turn yet...
as for rain mode.... that can go suck a dick... pointless in my opinion..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

The KTRC has to have an OFF mode because the bike wouldn't run properly on a dyno with it ON when the front wheel is static.

We tried it, with traction control ON as soon as you open the throttle it cuts the power, like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i turn the ktc off when i remember. but most times im already riding when i think about it, so just leave it on 1.. i had it on 3 once.. and had it losing power on a turn.. wasnt keen on that feeling.. wasnt even turning hard or going fast.. made me feel uneasy and almost like i wanted to drop the leg down when the power dropped.. but the stock tyres on the bike i find are really sticky and havent had any loss of traction on a bend or turn yet...
as for rain mode.... that can go suck a dick... pointless in my opinion..
yes, the stock tyre is quite good on sunny day

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have not found a stickier tyre than the ones that came with the bike , but the wear rate is crazy especially in such a hot country like Singapore.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have not found a stickier tyre than the ones that came with the bike , but the wear rate is crazy especially in such a hot country like Singapore.
Hello, you from Singapore?

HK is crazy hot now, but the stock tyre seems OK with 36/42 psi front and rear

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yup , im from Singapore , i'm on the original recommended settings for the tyres currently
welcome, can you tell how many unit of H2 in Singapore?

In HK, 30 units, but 22 entrepôt to China or Macau.

The tyre(tested yesterday with higher speed at corner) is quite sticky

1 - 20 of 21 Posts