Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After browsing through a number of topics and discussions about getting more power and how to do is very interesting to me.

We all know that the H2 is already freakin' quick and not even rideable when crank the throttle full-on and going through the first few gears without flipping it. So why an average rider who doesn't know how to use all of the H2 power wants more power and faster? I suppose, just knowing that you own the most powerful and quickest bike is good enough of a reason. For those who are more into 1/4-mile time, roll-on contest, and top speed, I do see a reason to get more horse power.

For me, I just simply enjoy owning one of the baddest bikes in existence. I also tried the 1/4 mile in the past and was a member of AMA Super Eliminator class. I also appreciate the engineering behind the scene to make the H2/H2R the most talked about bike.

Apparently, the biggest discussion around is how to push the H2 to have the H2R power. I can't say that I know the bike's internal well enough to take sides. Kawasaki built the awesome street legal H2 for some of us and the H2R for even fewer of us. The H2R, this bad boy is boisterous, violates all emissions, illegal on streets, no gentleman's agreement on top speed, and an absolute engineering marvel and those are the reasons why I want the H2R.

Only time will tell how well Kawaski engineered the H2 and H2R because they did push a lot of the technology to the limit. For now, I am just sitting back enjoy the discussions, debates, and even the flame throwing.

My only advice is be careful of trying out unproven 3rd party parts. There are just so many things could go wrong if you don't know what you are doing. I am sure the parts in your H2 took extensive testing by Kawasaki. aftermarket parts that have to do with gears, SC components, high-speed rotating components are probably high risk. At the end of the day, it's your bike and you take your own risks.

Please feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Have to say I am with you on this

I want more power from my H2 (who doesn't >:D>:D) but I still need to learn how to use what I've got on the stock bike first (and I'm not a novice rider)

I'm happy sitting out here in the wings, looking at what others are doing, learning from their experiences and thinking about what to do next year ......

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I use my bikes in LSR and any changes I make are to that end. Although I keep my bikes in immaculate condition I don't do bling, anything I change must have a performance advantage. One golden rule is not to change too many things at once. That way you can tell what works and what doesn't.

Riding at maximum speed on a runway, or a track day, is one way of finding out your bike's limits as well as you own ability in a relatively safe and controlled environment. (No need to do it on the public road).

Sometimes you have to take a risk with unproven parts or techniques. That is if you want to be an innovator or the first to do something a bit special and push the boundaries. Obviously a bit of common sense and some knowledge of the subject has to be applied. Like the op, I also enjoy owning "the baddest bikes" but I've never been content to spectate, I'd rather be doing than on the side lines watching.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use my bikes in LSR and any changes I make are to that end. Although I keep my bikes in immaculate condition I don't do bling, anything I change must have a performance advantage. One golden rule is not to change too many things at once. That way you can tell what works and what doesn't.

Riding at maximum speed on a runway, or a track day, is one way of finding out your bike's limits as well as you own ability in a relatively safe and controlled environment. (No need to do it on the public road).

Sometimes you have to take a risk with unproven parts or techniques. That is if you want to be an innovator or the first to do something a bit special and push the boundaries. Obviously a bit of common sense and some knowledge of the subject has to be applied. Like the op, I also enjoy owning "the baddest bikes" but I've never been content to spectate, I'd rather be doing than on the side lines watching.
So have you done any upgrades to your H2? Did you see any difference?

I love to modify stuff for sure. I am close to finishing a prototype Kawasaki 2-stroke drag bike and hoping it will be well into the 9's or even 8's in 1/4-mile strip.

So when you modify ECU, is the bike still covered under warranty? There's nothing for me on the performance side to modify the H2R right now except for trying to make it semi street legal. After all, my bike is not under warranty anyway.

·
Registered
89 Posts
After browsing through a number of topics and discussions about getting more power and how to do is very interesting to me.

We all know that the H2 is already freakin' quick and not even rideable when crank the throttle full-on and going through the first few gears without flipping it. So why an average rider who doesn't know how to use all of the H2 power wants more power and faster?
AMEN! Thank you for posting. I was starting to get lonely here.

The H2R's intake is where all the extra power is at. As-is the H2 already has too much power down low. I don't need anymore grunt - I want the power at the end of the rev range between 10K and 14.5K where the bike is already planted and hauling and I can use it. 300HP at 2,000RPM is useless - 300HP at 11K is a thing of beauty.

You know what? Whatever rectal stain put the gay-a** avatar next to my name can go eat a bag of d*cks. F*ck this site you geriatric, limpwristed c*unts. And you wonder why nobody else wants to talk to any of you?

·
Registered
82 Posts
And you speak about other people's touchiness? Many folks on here have the same avatar. Perhaps the one that was there that drew your ire has since been replaced?

·
Registered
574 Posts
The H2R's intake is where all the extra power is at. As-is the H2 already has too much power down low. I don't need anymore grunt - I want the power at the end of the rev range between 10K and 14.5K where the bike is already planted and hauling and I can use it. 300HP at 2,000RPM is useless - 300HP at 11K is a thing of beauty.

Funny that after all his comments about the air filter that he finally started listening to me about the intake - maybe he had it on the dyno to test my theory. Sounds like the boy was a little irritable tonight, hope his mom took his keyboard away.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
AMEN! Thank you for posting. I was starting to get lonely here.

You know what? Whatever rectal stain put the gay-a** avatar next to my name can go eat a bag of d*cks. F*ck this site you geriatric, limpwristed c*unts. And you wonder why nobody else wants to talk to any of you?
Good, but don't go away mad just go away. Good riddance.
And if he does come back he should be cut loose from the site by mods anyway. And not just because of what he said above. I haven't said word one about it, I haven't wanted to be involved in ANY of it but enough is enough. The way he abuses people here is BS & really bad for the site. I'm sure it has to be against forum policy. If it keeps up Im gone, tired of where every single conversation/thread goes w/ this guy. People here are good folks deserve how the forum would be without this persons anger & unprovoked, unnecessary slapdowns on posters.

Funny too hardupforib just said on the other thread after seeing 650s vids he "hooked his bike trailer to his truck and trailered his bike home from 3 states away" thinking like that was a big deal, lol! Wow! You trailered your bike from so far away, that's dedication, a real biker! LoL! I picked up my bike 6 states away & of course RODE it home. Don't let the door hit you in the *** bud.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The H2R's intake is where all the extra power is at.

I guess what really bothered me was the way he ended a sentence with a preposition.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The H2R's intake is where all the extra power is at.

I guess what really bothered me was the way he ended a sentence with a preposition.
so do you think replace the stock air with after market high-flow filter can help to get more for the H2(not R)?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Am I missing something just now? Did H2Rdworking just got banned from the post above?

I think I saw some of his posts and he does have a point about the air intake duct. I believe the flames flared out from how one addresses his points to others.

As far as I know, the air flow still could be improved from better intake aerodynamics for the H2 even though the H2 and H2R are necking down to the same cross sectional area at the inlet of the SC. The total restriction starts at the inlet duct down to the inlet of the SC. So if you improve upstream of the SC by better ducting and bigger filter, it should help deliver more air flow. To do it right, remapping the fuel map to match the increased airflow should be done as well to get that power gain. However, too much and fuel and air doesn't mean you are safe either, the compression ratio may not be correct and may have to be lowered. That is why the highly boosted turbo charged or super charged engines have lower compression ratio.

So have fun modifying and hope nothing breaks too soon.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So have you done any upgrades to your H2? Did you see any difference?

I love to modify stuff for sure. I am close to finishing a prototype Kawasaki 2-stroke drag bike and hoping it will be well into the 9's or even 8's in 1/4-mile strip.

So when you modify ECU, is the bike still covered under warranty? There's nothing for me on the performance side to modify the H2R right now except for trying to make it semi street legal. After all, my bike is not under warranty anyway.
So far I've had the ECU flashed, fitted a PCV with a custom map and geared up to 19/43.

There is a difference. 220 bhp at the rear wheel, which I think is ok considering the bike still has the stock exhaust with catalyst and the stock air cleaner. It's already produced four runs in the standing mile at over 200mph in road trim, mirrors on etc., with a lot more to come.

Warranty? probably not, my bike's red line is still at 13,000 but depending on what the fault might be. I bought the bike for LSR anyway so it's my risk.

We should remember though that a lot of the early publicity for the H2 was generated by Richard Gadson's modified bike getting into the eights and running at 217 (or whatever) in the mile. The world press launch was on track at Losail, plus the fact that they've invited me to the tracks at Rockingham and Assen to ride my bike. Also Kawasaki UK were happy to confirm me as the first rider to get the H2 over 200mph. So they aren't exactly adverse to their bikes being "used" and they happily accept the positive publicity this generates for quite an extreme bike.

As for your H2R, there is something you could look at. Why they only do 205mph with all that power? They are certainly limited in some way and I don't think it's gearing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So far I've had the ECU flashed, fitted a PCV with a custom map and geared up to 19/43.

There is a difference. 220 bhp at the rear wheel, which I think is ok considering the bike still has the stock exhaust with catalyst and the stock air cleaner. It's already produced four runs in the standing mile at over 200mph in road trim, mirrors on etc., with a lot more to come.

Warranty? probably not, my bike's red line is still at 13,000 but depending on what the fault might be. I bought the bike for LSR anyway so it's my risk.

We should remember though that a lot of the early publicity for the H2 was generated by Richard Gadson's modified bike getting into the eights and running at 217 (or whatever) in the mile. The world press launch was on track at Losail, plus the fact that they've invited me to the tracks at Rockingham and Assen to ride my bike. Also Kawasaki UK were happy to confirm me as the first rider to get the H2 over 200mph. So they aren't exactly adverse to their bikes being "used" and they happily accept the positive publicity this generates for quite an extreme bike. if H2 can do 205mph then the H2R should do 215mph. It's important to know that if the H2 can overcome the aerodynamic drag and reach 14000rpm in 6th gear or not.

As for your H2R, there is something you could look at. Why they only do 205mph with all that power? They are certainly limited in some way and I don't think it's gearing.
Congrats on breaking the 200 mph. what was your actual top speed and at what actual rpm? Your gearing at 19/43 is taller than stock of 16/44. H2R stock gearing is 16/42. That means your gearing is even considerably taller than the H2R gearing. Final drive ratio for H2 is 2.444, H2R is 2.333, and yours is WTF at 2.01

I am not going to do anything on my bike since I don't know if it is indeed limited at 205 mph. The UK bike magazine test results are questionable to me and do not represent all H2R's. What rpm did the H2R topped out at top gear when they did the test run? If you tell me they hit 14000 rpm and speedo showing 220+mph and they calculated a 205 mph...they need to fix their broken math.

Based from final drive gear ratio from the factory, the H2R should have about 4.75% more speed than H2 at the same gear setting and rpm. If H2 can do 205mph then H2R should do 215mph at same gear setting and rpm. The question is can the H2 overcome the aerodynamic drag and reach top rpm in 6th gear? Based from some videos showing an H2R doing around 223mph and flirting with 14000rpm. This looks legit to me. If the H2R 326hp kicks in, I think it could go past the redline and hit higher mph. Again, time will tell.

My rough calculations for the H2 and H2R with stock sprockets (FACTORY GEARING):

13000 rpm: H2 (197mph) H2R(206mph)
14000 rpm: H2 (212mph) H2R (222mph)

14500 rpm: H2 (219mph) H2R (Require ECU mod to raise rev limiter => 230mph) => if the bike has the power to reach this rpm. H2R is more and likely has the power to do it.

For the H2, at 6th gear, what rpm can it achieve determines its top speed. This will not show up on the dyno since there is no aerodynamic drag forces.

For H2R, changing gearing, ECU rev limiter and long enough straight away, I can see H2R may be kissing 240mph. 240 mph which was vaguely mentioned some where from internal Kawasaki testing.

Ok....after all that math. Your final drive is 2.01. If you did achieve 13000 rpm at 6th gear, you should be flying at 239 mph. Since you reach....say 202 mph, your max rpm at 6th gear was around 11000 rpm.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My rough calculations for the H2 and H2R with stock sprockets (FACTORY GEARING):

13000 rpm: H2 (197mph) H2R(206mph)
14000 rpm: H2 (212mph) H2R (222mph)

14500 rpm: H2 (219mph) H2R (Require ECU mod to raise rev limiter => 230mph) => if the bike has the power to reach this rpm. H2R is more and likely has the power to do it.
Your calculations for top speed at max revs on standard gearing are about right.

My H2 makes its 220bhp at 12,000 rpm though not 13,000 and that affects my choice of gearing. At 19/43 it will run out of revs at 210 by my calculations but will probably not have enough power in its present tune to go that fast.

I have 202 to beat, might try 19/42 at the next meeting if conditions are right.

·
Registered
173 Posts

We all know that the H2 is already freakin' quick and not even rideable when crank the throttle full-on and going through the first few gears without flipping it. So why an average rider who doesn't know how to use all of the H2 power wants more power and faster? I suppose, just knowing that you own the most powerful and quickest bike is good enough of a reason. For those who are more into 1/4-mile time, roll-on contest, and top speed, I do see a reason to get more horse power.

For me, I just simply enjoy owning one of the baddest bikes in existence. I also tried the 1/4 mile in the past and was a member of AMA Super Eliminator class. I also appreciate the engineering behind the scene to make the H2/H2R the most talked about bike.

Apparently, the biggest discussion around is how to push the H2 to have the H2R power. I can't say that I know the bike's internal well enough to take sides. Kawasaki built the awesome street legal H2 for some of us and the H2R for even fewer of us. The H2R, this bad boy is boisterous, violates all emissions, illegal on streets, no gentleman's agreement on top speed, and an absolute engineering marvel and those are the reasons why I want the H2R.

Only time will tell how well Kawaski engineered the H2 and H2R because they did push a lot of the technology to the limit. For now, I am just sitting back enjoy the discussions, debates, and even the flame throwing.

My only advice is be careful of trying out unproven 3rd party parts. There are just so many things could go wrong if you don't know what you are doing. I am sure the parts in your H2 took extensive testing by Kawasaki. aftermarket parts that have to do with gears, SC components, high-speed rotating components are probably high risk. At the end of the day, it's your bike and you take your own risks.

Please feel free to chime in.
I alway mod my bike with bolt on parts and the H2 to will be no exception. I am waiting for Brock's stage 2. I can't ride a bike with peace of mind knowing that some power is restrain and can be free up as easily as bolt on. I won't play with any mechanical internal part of the H2 except if some people have done the mod and proove that it is reliable.
I really love powerfull engine but not over reliability and up to now I have been lucky as I never had a single failure related to a mod that I have done to all my bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I alway mod my bike with bolt on parts and the H2 to will be no exception. I am waiting for Brock's stage 2. I can't ride a bike with peace of mind knowing that some power is restrain and can be free up as easily as bolt on. I won't play with any mechanical internal part of the H2 except if some people have done the mod and proove that it is reliable.
I really love powerfull engine but not over reliability and up to now I have been lucky as I never had a single failure related to a mod that I have done to all my bike.
That is great to know you had good luck as long as you are aware of its limitations. It's good to know you have reserved power but you don't have to use it all the times.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Your calculations for top speed at max revs on standard gearing are about right.

My H2 makes its 220bhp at 12,000 rpm though not 13,000 and that affects my choice of gearing. At 19/43 it will run out of revs at 210 by my calculations but will probably not have enough power in its present tune to go that fast.

I have 202 to beat, might try 19/42 at the next meeting if conditions are right.
19/42 will yield final drive ratio of 1.965

10000 rpm -> 188mph
10750 rpm -> 202 mph (you need to rev past this to beat your last record)
11000 rpm -> 207mph
12000 rpm -> 226mph
13000 rpm -> 245mph
14000 rpm -> 264mph

If your bike only reached 11000 rpm the last time with 16/43, your acceleration with 16/42 gearing will not be as good, so you are NOT likely to reach 11000 rpm. I hope you have the full exhaust, not just a slip on the next time, to gain some extra horses. Launch hard without too much wheelie. With these, I think you'll have a good chance of breaking your old record.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Kawie I think your program is off a bit. Also, the stock rear gearing on the H2 is 18/44 and the H2R is 18/42. My calculator came our with the rear ratio at 2.44 stock.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Kawie I think your program is off a bit. Also, the stock rear gearing on the H2 is 18/44 and the H2R is 18/42. My calculator came our with the rear ratio at 2.44 stock.
I think he's a bit off with his figures too.

Using the Bridgestone RS10, circumference 80.97cm
Primary gear 1.551
6th gear 1.348
Final drive 19/42 (2.2105)

This is what I get with the following crankshaft speeds:

10,000 = 165mph
10,750 = 178mph
11,000 = 182mph
12,000 = 199mph
13,000 = 215mph
14,000 = 232mph

Footnote:

While we're talking about H2 top speed; I mentioned elsewhere on ninjaH2.org that I'd noticed the speedo on my bike stopped at 189mph when my trapped speed was over 200 and I asked Brock about it. Thinking it was something to do with the ECU and maybe fixable by Don Guhl in a later version of his reflash.

It seems my assumption was wrong. Brock asked Don who said this was part of the dashboard software and nothing to do with the ECU and not fixable by the reflash. Now we know!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts