Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come take a ride along on the H2 through the canyons:

Note: if you don't like to see passing over double-yellow lines this isn't the video for you, just pass on watching it. Cheers.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Telegraph as in Telegraph Canyon Rd in San Diego ?
Did see a Hwy 94 sign at around the 8 minute mark.
Yes, our group starts & ends our rides on Telegraph Canyon through Otay Lakes so they kind of dub themselves the Telegraph Crew, but you are correct the video footage starts on hwy 94

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That was a nice video.
I only have 2 comments.
1. That thing is a loud as my 73 H2 with chambers. I'm amazed you aren't exhausted from the noise.
2. We have what we call straight sections that twist more than those roads. Those are some smooth straight canyons. :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Very nice vid..thanks for sharin that!;)I've got a bunch on my Youtube channel...'survivor'.More straight stuff than this one,but nice fast curves still.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was a nice video.
That thing is a loud as my 73 H2 with chambers. I'm amazed you aren't exhausted from the noise.
Actually I wear earplugs, not so much because of the pipe noise but wind noise which I don't like.

Very nice vid..thanks for sharin that!;)I've got a bunch on my Youtube channel...'survivor'.More straight stuff than this one,but nice fast curves still.
This was a pretty old post that Ted dug up, this is a more recent run on those same canyons:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice video,
You guys have some great looking roads there.
One of the roads I ride is where they hold the Virginia City Hill climb. It is a great road, except this year they chip sealed it and it is really rough and has long uneven grooves that throw you around.
I am going to buy or borrow a goPro and take a video of some of our roads. I think it is good for learning what one may be doing wrong, not only in the name of speed but of safety. With the ultimate goal of riding fast and safe.
I have a rule to never cross any painted lines, unless I am passing. or changing lanes. But than again I always signal, even if I am the only person in a square mile. Just a good habit.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a rule to never cross any painted lines, unless I am passing. or changing lanes. But than again I always signal, even if I am the only person in a square mile. Just a good habit.
Yeah I hear ya. I'm the extreme opposite, the painted lines mean nothing to me, I'm a roadracer that sees the whole canyon/moutain rode as a track, and I use all the track edge-to-edge, with the exception of on-coming cars of course.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. I'm the extreme opposite, the painted lines mean nothing to me, I'm a roadracer that sees the whole canyon/moutain rode as a track, and I use all the track edge-to-edge, with the exception of on-coming cars of course.
I was a roadracer and define the edges of my track by the lines. It narrows the width, and the lines are slippery. Just a personal thing. Forces me to be precise.
They are really fussy around here about the lines. A friend got a ticket for crossing over a white line, because he changed his mind about which way he wanted to go.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
new video from the canyons

So I ran with my usual canyon buddies for the first time since installing the intercooler & K-tech
Same guys you've seen in my other videos, BMW S100RR & purple Hayabusa
In this video just me feeling the rhythm in the canyons and leaving them behind.
Watch for BMW passed me on the inside as we entered this long lefthander and I did not let off, we were a 4-wheel car going all the way through this turn.
short 3 min video:

Reactions: Brig10r

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
All the naysayers outta watch this new vid.Those who say it can't race and handle well.Another nice Vid.Had my adreline pumpin fo sho.Like your downshift function on there.Very nice and predictable.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts