Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Fantastic. Really captures the essence of this machine. The H2 and zx10r doing the ring in Germany demonstrated how "lazy" the H2 is in making its power. Those seamless upshifts at 14k revs yummy .. Brock's attitude from day one on this site and his love of what he does he has really won my admiration.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Brock has been consistently cool about this new bike.Done a LOT of work and effort to offer these great mods.Hat's off to Brock and his team for all this good stuff!NOW...where can I get some block-off plates for mine?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Already said it but it bares repeating; Congratufreakinlations to Brock, his team at Brocks, Zach, Jeremy, Chad! I know it's his business but feel very lucky & grateful that Brock is obviously in love with the H2 as much as we are and that he was insistent on making these bikes even more STUPID FAST then they were stock. His passion & knowledge for doing so can be witnessed in the record breaking results to which anyone that follows his formula will benefit... I LOVE my stage 2 & full polished exhaust. Soo looking forward to riding it all weekend. With the mods its as if I'm reliving the same level of excitement that I got when I first picked up my H2. Brock, once again, you're da man bro. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Now I just have to wait for my from me to me Christmas gift to come in and hope that the exchange rate (US - CND) will get better from the time I put my order on...

·
Registered
787 Posts
I love the "purity" of riding the bike home again. They clearly had a truck as back up but chose to ride IT home. There should almost be a class of its own for this behavior. Ride, Race, Return maybe. I managed 2 out 3 (ain't bad) .

·
Registered
406 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but Gadson's 1 mile "special" H2 record in June showed over 230 mph on the speedo, no gps was claimed, with a 4% opportunistic error results in a 9.2 mph loss that puts his bike right near Brock's Stage 2 effort. No one is going to ride Gadson's stretched H2 on the street. Can someone post the 218+ mph H2R video here ? Hats off to Brock though, I would not be surprised to see 300 rwhp in the near future from his continued R&D effort. Due to the small numbers of H2R's I imagine only those who have big bucks are going to try to push the H2R to over 350 rwhp. I have a friend who has 2 H2R's and claims he is going to achieve that. Only time will tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ZugkAEP1g

Rhody...

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Um they don't base anything off the speedo. They don't do opportunistic results either. Rickeys bike legitimately went 218.34 mph.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but Gadson's 1 mile "special" H2 record in June showed over 230 mph on the speedo, no gps was claimed, with a 4% opportunistic error results in a 9.2 mph loss that puts his bike right near Brock's Stage 2 effort. No one is going to ride Gadson's stretched H2 on the street. Can someone post the 218+ mph H2R video here ? Hats off to Brock though, I would not be surprised to see 300 rwhp in the near future from his continued R&D effort. Due to the small numbers of H2R's I imagine only those who have big bucks are going to try to push the H2R to over 350 rwhp. I have a friend who has 2 H2R's and claims he is going to achieve that. Only time will tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ZugkAEP1g

Rhody...
LSR uses highly accurate timing lights, like a dragstrip. That is how the speeds are derived. The modified street H2 went faster than Gadson's bike.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Watching Ricky's run again it's interesting to see he appears to be able to launch the bike much harder than Zach, believe Rickys run was w/ the extended swing arm. He doesn't pull the front wheel up at all like in 2nd & 3rd gear like Zach did. (Jeremy was fighting wheelies too) Zach appears to use first just to get her moving. Brock said under perfect conditions 225mph. It really is an amazing accomplishment. Love the H2R for all its carbon fiber deliciousness & extremely limited #s but to have the H2 street bike outperform the track only machine with $4000 worth of bolt ons in a straight line and with factory swingarm is just incredible. Is it worth $25k? Considering the factory engineering & what Brock has accomplished paying $25k for the stock bike in order to transform it via stage 2 is the bike deal of a lifetime.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It's a hybrid H2 w/ the H2Rs cam, exhaust, ECU so the H2Rs engine, electronics.

W stock wheelbase he ran a 9.16 160mph 1/4 so Brocks/Chad/Jeremy beat the 1/4 mile run too w/ a 8.99 166mph.

W/ extended swing arm he ran 8.2 166mph.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's a hybrid H2 w/ the H2Rs cam, exhaust, ECU so the H2Rs engine, electronics.

W stock wheelbase he ran a 9.16 160mph 1/4 so Brocks/Chad/Jeremy beat the 1/4 mile run too w/ a 8.99 166mph.

W/ extended swing arm he ran 8.2 166mph.
It is still not an H2R.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It is still not an H2R.
Never said it was. Said it was an hybrid H2 w/ the H2Rs cam, exhaust, ECU. Guess the engine case too...But it did have an okay pilot who launched the bike pretty darn hard. In fact that hybrid H2 w/ the H2Rs engine, electronics w/ Ricky in the cockpit actually went FASTER than this H2R w/ Id say a pretty competent team.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1iVes_DT7Ao

But so far Brocks stage 2 H2 beat them both with potential for even more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Never said it was. Said it was an hybrid H2 w/ the H2Rs cam, exhaust, ECU. Guess the engine case too...But it did have an okay pilot who launched the bike pretty darn hard. In fact that hybrid H2 w/ the H2Rs engine, electronics w/ Ricky in the cockpit actually went FASTER than this H2R w/ Id say a pretty competent team.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1iVes_DT7Ao

But so far Brocks stage 2 H2 beat them both with potential for even more.
Thanks for the clarification again.
My questions are:
Brock's 1/4-mile run with what sprocket setup?
Brock 1-mile top speed with what sprocket setup?

Regardless, the 1/4-mile run with a lot of power doesn't always translate to faster time due to the fact that the bike wants to wheelie too much. The best time will require feathering skills to balance the excessive available power with stock wheelbase.

There is another test is to see what is the true top speed? Will likely to require longer than 1-mile strip and let the bike reach its max hp.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I watched it...very impressive what Brock's team is able to do with the H2.

Note the title from the link "Brock’s Kawasaki Ninja H2 Breaks H2R’s Land-Speed Record". The 218mph was set by RG's H2 Hybrid.

What I meant was RG's bike is not a factory H2R so Brock broke RG's Modified H2 Record, not H2R. Factory H2R did not set any record yet!

The sprocket setup in stage 2 kit is 19/41 as indicated in the video, which is very tall gearing, which favors top speed run. Unless my math lets me down, Brock's bike was pulling less than 13000 rpm at the end of a mile run?

Brock's bike is also strapped down, which favors acceleration in 1/4-mile run and 1-mile run. Nothing wrong with doing this.

I believe Team 38 ran the H2R with factory setup (not strapped down). Giving the right sprocket combo for H2R at the same track and same atmospheric and wind conditions with the bike strapped down, who knows what the numbers really are.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I watched it...very impressive what Brock's team is able to do with the H2.

Note the title from the link "Brock’s Kawasaki Ninja H2 Breaks H2R’s Land-Speed Record". The 218mph was set by RG's H2 Hybrid.

What I meant was RG's bike is not a factory H2R so Brock broke RG's Modified H2 Record, not H2R. Factory H2R did not set any record yet!

The sprocket setup in stage 2 kit is 19/41 as indicated in the video, which is very tall gearing, which favors top speed run. Unless my math lets me down, Brock's bike was pulling less than 13000 rpm at the end of a mile run?

Brock's bike is also strapped down, which favors acceleration in 1/4-mile run and 1-mile run. Nothing wrong with doing this.

I believe Team 38 ran the H2R with factory setup (not strapped down). Giving the right sprocket combo for H2R at the same track and same atmospheric and wind conditions with the bike strapped down, who knows what the numbers really are.
The engine & electronics is H2R so close enough & Rickys bike was strapped down too but think you're confusing the point. We all know that a stock H2 won't win against a stock H2R the whole purpose is to see if a street legal bike (H2) w/ bolt ons like we all can buy & use on the street or track can beat the H2R a bike that's technically only track legal. Sprockets, flash, exhaust, PCV, whatever works. And so far it has.

So far the factory record for the H2R is 216 which Brocks/Zach/Chad has indeed beat w/ a 219. Brock is also saying 225 in perfect conditions.

Brocks bike w/ that gearing beat Rickys H2R engine, ECU, exhaust 1/4 mile time too w/ both bikes having the factory swing arm.

Plus we are comparing a bike that costs $29k vs $50k. If it's about performance think there's a clear winner at almost half the price.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts