Ninja H2 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I handed a 2017 H2 Carbon over to it's new owner a couple of days ago. He's mid 40's, an experienced fast group track day rider (Desmosedici, ZX10R and ex BSB Ducati 996), has a bit of club level racing under his belt and has been riding fast bikes on the road for plenty of years. So he thought he had ridden some fast bikes in his time ......

He got out on the H2 for the first time properly today and came in the shop this morning with a smile from ear to ear and giggling like a teenager who's just had his first sh*g ! Then he texted me this afternoon to say 'This thing's f*cking insane !'

So what were your thoughts the first time you wound up your H2 in anger ?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Holy **** that's great, I'm going to do that as much as possible:) very similar to when I was an early teen and screwing the catholic girl living across the street while her mom was down stairs watching tv;):)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The ride home from the dealer in February here in the mountains of Appalachia involved rain in town, snow over the mountain and ice on the half mile uphill driveway. The factory tires suck for snow and ice but I got it here without dropping it.

It took until April until the salt, crud and wreaked car parts were off the mountain roads and one could ride with only fear of deer. The sticky tires heat up quickly, the 25 mph curves become 65 mph curves real quick. The short mile long straights require testing the brakes and they work quite well.

No complaints.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was lucky enough to test ride one

Got on an open road I know, dropped it into 3rd and yanked the throttle back, gigling like a fool in my helmet, the words "for f**k sake" spat out my mouth

Next was to try some twist bits, I was impressed, for a big bike it handled ok

I still love every minute of it

Its a special piece of motorcycling history

Rob

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The first time I really opened my H2 up was on the runway at Elvington. Up until then it was running-in miles on the road.

The bike was still stock and restricted but I was asked to do a demo' run.

Well - it wheelied in first so I short shifted to second, then third, then fourth, trying to get onto a wide open throttle but it wouldn't take it and the front was still a foot in the air, although it felt very stable and under control. Remember the 2015 does not have an anti-wheelie control. In the end I shifted into fifth at around 150, backed the throttle a little and it came down. Quite a memorable "first time" having done about a third of a mile on the back wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts