Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so to start this off lets introduce myself. My names Kenneth and I just recently separated from the Air Force. I currently live in Las Vegas but will be moving to Newark in February. This is my 4th bike(09 CBR600,10 R1,15 R1 and 16 H2) and second that I currently own(15 R1 and16 H2). The H2 was purchased brand new from a dealer in Cali so it does have the canister that Cali models have but I dont think it affects the performance at all. Enough of the chatter here are the initial pics when I arrived to pickup the bike. I left Vegas at midnight and arrived in San Jose at a little after 7am.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once I got the bike home it was time to plan out the actual plan for the bike. This bike will of course be mainly ridden on the street but it will be used at the Drag Strip whenever possible. So that's the route I'm going. Pictures of the bike parked next to her sister

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So now that we had the bike home it was time to get some baselines for the weight and HP before we do any mods. Here's what we got

Anybody wants to take a guess at the weight after the exhaust change?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next thing was to order the parts that I could and pull the bike apart to get it ready. Pulling the ECU was a pain but we got through it. Also dropped the exhaust since we had a brand new full Brocks system on the way

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, that looks like my bike 2 days after I got it home. Wife saw it and just shook her head... :D
I think this was 4 days after and my wife did the same thing LoL

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Was that head shake accompanied with "You just gotta screw with everything you buy huh ?"

"Yup."

OR

"Like its not fast enough?"

"Nope."

NOLA

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was that head shake accompanied with "You just gotta screw with everything you buy huh ?"

"Yup."

OR

"Like its not fast enough?"

"Nope."

NOLA
More like a why did you need another bike and then you tear it apart for what LoL

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Anybody wants to take a guess at the weight after the exhaust change?
Is there a prize for who gets closest?

Well Brocks full exhaust w/ the Alien Head 2 is 11.1lbs & 10.2lbs for slash cut, since the Alien Head 2 muffler is 3.3lbs & slash cut is 2.4 lbs.

Below is what I got for the weight of the OEM muffler & hanger, heat shields & stock headers/cat = 37.28lbs, I might have missed a fastener or 2. So if you're going slash cut like most have then approx. a 27lb loss so figure 492.92 lbs for the bike if fuel/coolant is filled to same exact level & the bike isn't changed any other way... A little more than that if you remove the O2 sensor, wire & connection under the tank which I did because its deactivated anyway & makes for a cleaner look vs the wire/sensor coming out of the exhaust.

You'll lighten up more once you get rid of the OEM tail, etc. I change out batteries every 5th year but I'm going to switch to lighter Lithium battery probably next season (the 3rd) so it's not a waste of the original battery.

Btw: If you're looking to get rid of the front fender reflector you can matching bolts from Kawasaki, same as the other fender bolt.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Andddd how many purses you got ?"

(And she flips out, hand on hip, pointing finger)

NOLA
It would be how many shoes with her. Its like she buys new running shoes every month but only wears them like maybe 4 times during a month LoL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well Brocks full exhaust w/ the Alien Head 2 is 11.1lbs & 10.2lbs for slash cut, since the Alien Head 2 muffler is 3.3lbs & slash cut is 2.4 lbs.

Below is what I got for the weight of the OEM muffler & hanger, heat shields & stock headers/cat = 37.28lbs, I might have missed a fastener or 2. So if you're going slash cut like most have then approx. a 27lb loss so figure 492.92 lbs for the bike if fuel/coolant is filled to same exact level & the bike isn't changed any other way... A little more than that if you remove the O2 sensor, wire & connection under the tank which I did because its deactivated anyway & makes for a cleaner look vs the wire/sensor coming out of the exhaust.

You'll lighten up more once you get rid of the OEM tail, etc. I change out batteries every 5th year but I'm going to switch to lighter Lithium battery probably next season (the 3rd) so it's not a waste of the original battery.

Btw: If you're looking to get rid of the front fender reflector you can matching bolts from Kawasaki, same as the other fender bolt.

Yep will be the slash cut, o2 sensors and all the wires under the tank gone. Along with the exhaust valve thing also gone. Fender eliminator, brocks lowering links, shorai lithium battery. Other mods coming soon also but thats all I could think of right at this moment.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Something tells me you are a little obsessive in saving weight. 😀 It would be interesting to see if can get the H2 around 200kg mark. Would be in zx10r weight if weighing with fluids.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fender Eliminator Before:

After: Wires are better tucked away now but I wish it came with a plate to cover that area

And then all of this needs to be installed

·
Registered
587 Posts
Subscribed!! Thanks for sharing your progess

·
Registered
428 Posts
As did I... I'm a big fan of attention to detail!

Thank you for your confidence in Brock's and please let us know if you need anything. I don't receive notifications of PM's for some reason (?), so they may take a while - but you can always shoot us an e-mail: [email protected] or me personally [email protected]

Looking forward to your build :D

Brock
Brocks Performance

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for checking it out man. I'm still waiting on some parts but I got the Stage 2 package from Brocks all done. Just need to get the pictures up

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As did I... I'm a big fan of attention to detail!

Thank you for your confidence in Brock's and please let us know if you need anything. I don't receive notifications of PM's for some reason (?), so they may take a while - but you can always shoot us an e-mail: [email protected] or me personally [email protected]

Looking forward to your build :D

Brock
Brocks Performance

Thank you kind sir. None of this would be possible without the RnD you guys put into this package to make it the best looking and affordable package you can get for this bike for the price. So keep up the good work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Exhaust install complete. Removed the O2 sensor and clean up under the tank some

1 - 20 of 255 Posts