Ninja H2 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the true Motorcycle Collector with very deep pockets!

The E.J. Cole Collection auction preview – the most important motorcycle auction ever held

"The motorcycle world will hold its breath on March 20 & 21 when the largest and most significant collection of motorcycles ever auctioned at one time will sell at "no reserve" in Las Vegas.

The catalog for the E.J. Cole Collection Auction reads more like a history of American-made motorcycles than a normal auction catalogue, with examples of many of the most important motorcycles ever made in the United States going under the hammer."

Go here: The E.J. Cole Collection auction preview ? the most important motorcycle auction ever held

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The top 100 most expensive motorcycles sold at auction

"This Top 100 is a work in progress. The amount of work involved in scouring available auction results has been thousands of hours.

There may be results we've missed, and if we can find such results (feel free to contact us – see bottom of article) we'll verify each and every result, and add them to the listing.

This list is meant to be a ready-reference guide for our readership to make informed decisions about their two-wheeled 'investments of passion'."

Go here: The top 100 most expensive motorcycles sold at auction

·
Registered
787 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaah,,, Blue chip motorcycles...(too slow)

Best I can do is a brother with a 1925 Ajs

I do luuuuuuuuurve my 2000 zx12r

Oh and a famous H2 ( watch this space )

·
Registered
168 Posts
Definitely some rare bikes there. Most aren't even meant to ride any more. The people buying these bikes just want to put them on display.

I would have fun looking at them, but I have no desire to own something like this. I would rather have something usable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can't believe that at one point Harley Davidson built bikes that looked like this.

Yea motorcycles used to be more like motorized bicycles than what we think of motorcycles today. HD was founded in 1903 so think about the state of things back then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, having purchased two bikes from this auction, I want to clear up some misconceptions. The vast majority of these bikes, special board trackers and racers excluded, are going to be rode. I know at least a dozen bikes were purchased to be used in next years Motorcycle Cannonball multi thousand mile ride featuring only bikes 1916 and earlier. Those of us who have a passion for the old bikes want nothing more than to ride them, they aren't garage queens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts