Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-JQQBTYIY

BEET�bLineup : Kawasaki�@H2

Some interesting material choices; titanium, blue titanium and black stainless. Again, I'm not a fan of the look of the silencer so I tried to buy just the down/midpipe. The whole system is 3K WITH the silencer. They didn't give me a price without but said it'd be MORE expensive. Apparently they have the Porsche pricing system; less costs more. What really sucks is that the down/midpipe are the cheap parts at roughly $1000 (I'd buy that in a second). That means the can is 2K. Jeez.

This is killing me. I just want to lose my cat without welding.

·
Registered
105 Posts
agree with you about the can, just looks so ordinary. btw, if i wanted to buy the akrapovic slipon at kawasaki in sweden i would have to pay 2008USD... If i spend that money at Brock's instead i will have a 250+rwhp bike.. though choice :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The stock headers are about $1700 retail, you could probably negotiate that price down with a dealer - maybe $1500 or better and cut off the cat?

·
Registered
317 Posts
The stock headers are about $1700 retail, you could probably negotiate that price down with a dealer - maybe $1500 or better and cut off the cat?
asked the distributor, stock exhaust(must full set) for H2 is US$4000 and H2R is US$9000.
there is rumour that Moriwaki will have a full system for H2 later

·
Registered
587 Posts
In my opinion, this is the best looking exhaust for this bike so far. Flows well with the bike. Not these brutal off angles like the other manufactures.

Reactions: u235rh

·
Registered
244 Posts
Doesn't look as nice as some other exhausts that I have seen. There is more to consider than just that, but I suspect that you might be able to find something just as good that looks a bit more the part on the Ninja H2.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wouldn't mind to see something custom which I haven't seen as yet for the H2, good opportunity for someone here to be the first with that ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I cut off the cat, weld in a bridge then add a big ugly slip-on it puts me back at the same weight as just leaving the cat and pulling the stock muffler. Just pulling the stock muffler looks good, sounds great, exposes the wheel, horsepower is the same, costs me nothing and it's a 5 minute job to return to stock. More I put the screws to it, there's no real advantage in doing anything other than just removing the stock muffler and riding it as-is. In fact, it's kind of a hindrance since you can't sell it, trade it or smog it hacked up and the cost of re-installing the factory cat can't be cheap or easy considering the weight, alignment and general fiasco involved. I'm glad I held off on the sawsall.

Shouldn't need saying but the argument that the factory cat doesn't like leaded race gas is as ridiculous as it is inconsequential to 998 of the 1000 people who have one. Knowing what I know now, I'm holding out for an H2R replica. Other than that, I don't see any other good reason to go through the expense or hassle of messing with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts