Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the best display I've seen on a bike.
There are basically two modes. Touring and Sports Mode, and there are 3 different types in Sports Mode but one of them has less information than other two so I won't be using that. I like the Sports Mode with boost and throttle gauge, another has boost gauge and breaking gauge and the third does not have either. Sports Mode shows the data from IMU, it even records the max lean angle of the bike which you can reset at anytime for each run.
It shows water temp, boost temp, boost pressure. When the outside temperature is at freezing level, display shows the ice crystal mark which warns you the road surface could be frozen.
You can show the display in miles or in metric which you can toggle.
There are tons of information, but that's all I remember at the top of my head

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
When I met the Japanese design team along with three other owners at Kawasaki UK's HQ back in 2015 it was for a meeting in the boardroom to give them feedback on the H2. One of the things I mentioned was the LCD screen which I think is rather poor, especially in bright sunlight and I asked them to look at the competition who were using full colour TFT's. I suggested the extra cost on a £25,000 bike would be minimal as the technology already existed. Good to see they've done this on the H2SX.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Pretty sure they listened to ya Bob.Too bad they couldn't integrate it into the 2015's.Maybe they will down the road.
I know most people don't think big companies actually listen...but Kawasaki definitely does.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Pretty sure they listened to ya Bob.Too bad they couldn't integrate it into the 2015's.Maybe they will down the road.
I know most people don't think big companies actually listen...but Kawasaki definitely does.
I wouldn't take credit for it. I'm sure a lot of others thought the same but they do listen, for example we also discussed throttle response and the heavy clutch. I was just one of four lucky H2 owners who got to meet and talk with them.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What I am hoping( I know it it futile) is that they surprise us and use the display on the 2108 H2 an H2R and leave the old display for the SX. I know wishful thinking.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What I am hoping( I know it it futile) is that they surprise us and use the display on the 2108 H2 an H2R and leave the old display for the SX. I know wishful thinking.
It would be a very popular upgrade for 2015 to 2018 H2's if they offered the TFT screen with an appropriate software update. Come on you Kawasaki spies, you do read this stuff don't you? ;)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It would be a very popular upgrade for 2015 to 2018 H2's if they offered the TFT screen with an appropriate software update. Come on you Kawasaki spies, you do read this stuff don't you? ;)
I could live with an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Here's a question then...IF I cover the ambient light sensor,will my display get brighter>It's already on the brightest setting.I know the book says don't cover that sensor.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Here's a question then...IF I cover the ambient light sensor,will my display get brighter>It's already on the brightest setting.I know the book says don't cover that sensor.
Covering it will make it dimmer. The more ambient light the brighter it needs to be.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I couldn’t believe how poor it was on my very first ride, it was a bright day and I had it turned up as bright as it would go. I thought it was hopeless & shite for a bike of this value. The new TFT display is the one thing I like on the fugly SX!
Did the brightness improve on the 2017- H2 ? I know slight changes were made to the display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
My local dealer has a SE in, must admit, it looks better in the flesh, the display is spot on

It does feel a bit bulky, but hey, its a sports tourer

Rob

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It 'looks' like that display assembly is the same as the H2...fitwise.Would be cool if Kawi offered that for the H2.Some programming changes...I don't see why it couldn't work?They could do it I'm sure.I may just contact momma Kaw and ask em about it.Enough people with H2's do this,ya never know.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Okay...I just submitted a request for them to consider this display for our beloved H2's.Maybe if we all take 5 minutes and ask them,it might possibly happen...it could if there's enough faithful H2 owners interested.I know they listen.
Just like they offered the clutch kit.That wasn't done until like the second year.So they were paying attention to what would make the owners happier about their purchase.I think it's totally doable.
Strength in numbers and all that;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Thank you for contacting Kawasaki. We appreciate your feedback and
comments. At this time we do not have any plans to provide a new display
for the H2 products. We will, however, note your comments and suggestions
for future product consideration.

We appreciate your time and business.

Sincerely,

Nate"...Kawasaki's reply...

we need more requests for this...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
They would never make a retrofit display. It is wishful thinking that they would make any changes. The H2 is probably not going to be offered much longer, it was a way to introduce a supercharger for production bikes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm wondering if I could fit some type of LED to the top edge of the display. There are many different types of LED lights that are small enough to fit on the outer edge of the display.
If I could wire up neat it may not look too out of place. I am thinking that a bright LED might highlight the display in all light conditions and make the display standout better for your eyes?

Any ideas?:nerd:

Check out this Multifuntional Gauge:

https://www.motosport.com/koso-rx2n-gp-style-multifunction-gauge

1 - 20 of 24 Posts