Ninja H2 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to the Texas Mile at the end of March. Has anyone registered with the hope to have an H2 there?

I'll be in a Ford GT. At least that's the plan.

Greg

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a cool thing..... Certainly worth doing.

Greg

·
Registered
573 Posts
I plan to run at Bonneville and possibly the ECTA in Ohio - if the **** thing makes it here before August!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know Hennessey performance usually brings out some nice toys out to the mile.
Looking forward to what they will bring this year.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Is this the place your talking about?

If so it would be sweet if this ams gtr came out. This thing gets me a little excited.... Was thinking about buying/leasing one but the nismo edition is too much money and the '15 z06 is just too good a deal in comparison... Similar hp (vette has more if I'm not mistaken) but vette is 40 to as much as 70k cheaper......and it's been redesigned since 07..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Ford guys tell me I set a world record at 'The Texas Mile' in 2013. The little slice is a 'supercharged street car in the standing mile'. There's a Turbo Ford GT that goes quicker (actually a lot quicker) - but we have the record for our slice. 230.7mph. This year we're going for 250mph. The team is working on the car right now.
For reference, a new AWD Aventador with launch control does about 180mph.

It's not my car - I'm a hired driver.

It's not going to happen but I'd love to have my H2 there!

I've been to the salt flats as a spectator twice - it's crazy. Lots of room but the surface is iffy... I will get there one day.

Greg

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Ford guys tell me I set a world record at 'The Texas Mile' in 2013. The little slice is a 'supercharged street car in the standing mile'. There's a Turbo Ford GT that goes quicker (actually a lot quicker) - but we have the record for our slice. 230.7mph. This year we're going for 250mph. The team is working on the car right now.
For reference, a new AWD Aventador with launch control does about 180mph.

It's not my car - I'm a hired driver.

It's not going to happen but I'd love to have my H2 there!

I've been to the salt flats as a spectator twice - it's crazy. Lots of room but the surface is iffy... I will get there one day.

Greg
Greg, we are waiting a video of the first H2 in the salt flats:D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
For the Texas mile are you going to get the ECU re-flashed to remove the top speed limiter? Otherwise it'll just do 186mph. I'm assuming it is speed limited, anyone know for sure?

What de-restriction mods are H2 owners planning? I'm keeping close tabs on Don Guhl and will be shipping an ECU off to him as soon as he's got the answers. The ZX14R ECU he did was superb.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The H2 has a soft fuel cut at 186 mph. And if the speed sensor faults (you unplug it) the rev limit falls to 12,500

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The H2 has a soft fuel cut at 186 mph. And if the speed sensor faults (you unplug it) the rev limit falls to 12,500
on stock gearing 12,500 rpm would be around 180 mph so it looks like a re-flash for LSR riders.

I seem to remember that on the 2006 1400 if you unplugged the sensor you could get one run before it threw a fault, then you had to turn it off and plug it back in to re-set it. Not a satisfactory solution even if it did work with the H2.

·
Registered
672 Posts
On the 14 you could remove one of the poles off the trigger ,

I suppose the H2 uses same pickup as traction control or abs and will be more difficult to bypass without influencing something else

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Ford GT I'll be driving makes 'about' 1700hp. The tune is heavily modified.

It's a fun car to drive. FAST!

If anyone cares, I was racing a Chump car at Thunderhill, CA on the weekend. WE WON!! YAY! Rough numbers, 41 teams, about 150 drivers, 7 hour race. I'd never raced there before but we won the race. I set the third fastest lap of the event so I'm pretty pleased!

We were racing a Ford Mustang GT Chump Car - I (we) built the car ourselves, and drove it ourselves. I'm so **** happy!

Winning races is tough.

Greg

Reactions: shotgun15

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have a picture of an H2 at Boneville, but I do have a pic of an H1!

HAHA!

Greg

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts