Ninja H2 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following the posts on Facebook. MCCYCLES has been posting live video.

Here's what I've gathered so far.

Rickey Gadson - 224mph top speed on the day and 202mph in the half mile.

MCCYCLES - 216mph top speed on the day and 198mph in the half mile. He claims that his bike is not tuned yet and he's going to look over the data tonight and make adjustments.

There was a slight head wind today.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Is racer172 there?
nope, didn't make it, I'm really bummed.
there were too many things not coming together in time to make this trip, mainly caused by finally receiving the intercooler just a couple days before I was supposed to leave for Texas. The install was a 2-day nightmare (I'll post up details on that later), this didn't leave enough time for a test ride of the bike or dyno tune with race fuel and then after road testing adding the lowering kit. It would have been a panic-rush force fit to make it happen in time. 20+ hour drive to the event didn't seem worth the risk if I wasn't 100% ready.

I was paid in full and they don't issue refunds but they did agree to transfer my entry to another event of my choice so I will participate in one of their future competitions. There next events are the Arkansas mile in June, the Colorado mile in Sept and the Texas mile again in Oct. I am leaning towards the Arkansas mile, I'm told by the event planner that it's their best motorcycle event. It's another 4hrs farther than Texas for me but sounds like it would be worth it. + the event in June sounds better.

I saw some video that Chris Burns (MC Cycle Works) posted from Texas mile and it looks cold, wet, and very windy. Probably wouldn't have been a great first LSR experience for me. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for asking Bob.

Reactions: BobC

·
Registered
427 Posts
there were too many things not coming together in time to make this trip, mainly caused by finally receiving the intercooler just a couple days before I was supposed to leave for Texas. The install was a 2-day nightmare (I'll post up details on that later), this didn't leave enough time for a test ride of the bike or dyno tune with race fuel and then after road testing adding the lowering kit. It would have been a panic-rush force fit to make it happen in time. 20+ hour drive to the event didn't seem worth the risk if I wasn't 100% ready.

I was paid in full and they don't issue refunds but they did agree to transfer my entry to another event of my choice so I will participate in one of their future competitions. There next events are the Arkansas mile in June, the Colorado mile in Sept and the Texas mile again in Oct. I am leaning towards the Arkansas mile, I'm told by the event planner that it's their best motorcycle event. It's another 4hrs farther than Texas for me but sounds like it would be worth it. + the event in June sounds better.

I saw some video that Chris Burns (MC Cycle Works) posted from Texas mile and it looks cold, wet, and very windy. Probably wouldn't have been a great first LSR experience for me. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for asking Bob.
That sucks, but it sounds like you made the right decision based on the weather.

I look forward to your update from the next event.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rickey hit 225mph today.

MCCYCLES day ended early yesterday with a broken chain and bent swingarm.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
MCCYCLES day ended early yesterday with a broken chain and bent swingarm.[/QUOTE]

Damm, how do you bend a swingarm !

NOLA

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks for asking Bob.
Not to throw salt in your wounds, but it was actually a really good event. The temps were mid 60s-80s.

It rained a little Fri & Sat and was windy, but you cant really complain about that since it turned into a 20mph tailwind on Sun.

The surface was very smooth. I would definitely go again.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Not to throw salt in your wounds, but it was actually a really good event. The temps were mid 60s-80s.It rained a little Fri & Sat and was windy, but you cant really complain about that since it turned into a 20mph tailwind on Sun.The surface was very smooth. I would definitely go again.
Yeah I heard it was a successfull event, that's great to hear cause Chris Burns initial live report was that it was cold/somewhat wet & windy
No salt stings, I'm good, this one just didn't come together for me.
I'm going to run their Arkansas event in June.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was debating between going up there and going back to Victoria in October. I went down to the Texas mile with 18/42 sprockets. The calculator I use had those at 215MPH, but I topped out at 209.9 with about 1/8 mile to go. Now I want to go back with 19/41.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was debating between going up there and going back to Victoria in October. I went down to the Texas mile with 18/42 sprockets. The calculator I use had those at 215MPH, but I topped out at 209.9 with about 1/8 mile to go. Now I want to go back with 19/41.
Where's your rev limiter set at and what is your tire profile?

·
Registered
891 Posts
^ and you are stock right..?

On the subject of tire profile I've been told you want to run as much PSI in your tires as possible for LSR, like 40psi F&R. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
674 Posts
For salt yes, still figuring out best on blacktop , running 35 last Colorado mile , but we are heavy , a lighter bike may get away with less,

·
Registered
13 Posts
^ and you are stock right..?

On the subject of tire profile I've been told you want to run as much PSI in your tires as possible for LSR, like 40psi F&R. Can anyone confirm this?
DNA Air Filter, Full Akra, Bear Racing -1 Supercharger Sproket, 42 tooth Vortx Rear Sproket.

I probably should have been running a higher tire pressure. Most other bikes I talked to were running 40+

·
Registered
587 Posts
40+ seems sketchy given how hot the tire is going to get on a long pull like that. Unless you are already at that pressure off tire warmers.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Terry, I have the RS10 on my bike and run them at the stock pressures for LSR, on a concrete runway that is, not salt. To be honest for a standing-mile it's all over in 25 seconds and they hardly have a chance to heat up and get squirmy, like on the track. The centrifugal force at 200 would be so great that the pressure, a pound or two either way, would make no difference.

If using warmers the pressure would obviously be set when hot.

I've not had any grip issues at all, either in acceleration with TC off or in the braking zone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts