Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The 250+mph turbo Hayabusas in our Straightliners Club are all around 500-600 bhp (and more).

They are 300cc bigger (and more).

They are also using bodywork with a much lower CD than the H2 (even with a stock fairing).

I don't see the comparison.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm not shocked, there is always a bigger one...
Turbo bikes are another experience of power and I love them;)
All this numbers are freaking cool but for me there is no real competition or best of the best in all this numbers...
Im hoping some modded H2s are holding up with this Turbo monsters on the drag strips soon
But give them some curves and you will see how every stock H2 is passing this 500hp bikes

I like all bikes every class and i give all guys respect!
For me (at the end of the day) fun, safety, emotions, and living is the most important in my Bike life

For all this number hunters... My heart is supporting you! Go and get the best times ever...on a H2:)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Spectacular 1/2 and mile by Hussain there , he has been working away at his speeds for a couple of yrs , tried big bodywork but was effected by winds too much and went back to a simpler version

You know i would like to see a wind tunnel comparison of the h2 and others like zx10, 14 , gix and busa , i think it would do ok ,drag reduction by directing air like the H2 does is becoming very common in GP and works
couple of yrs ago sportsbike i think had a comparo with the zx12 and busa which showed how much less hp the busa needed to do the same speed as the 12

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
......... tried big bodywork but was effected by winds too much and went back to a simpler version
That's always been the problem with the extreme body kits for Busas. Our guys find they cannot run in crosswinds or blustery conditions, whereas the relatively non-aerodynamic H2 isn't affected very much but it does hit a brick wall much above 200.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The 250+mph turbo Hayabusas in our Straightliners Club are all around 500-600 bhp (and more).

They are 300cc bigger (and more).

They are also using bodywork with a much lower CD than the H2 (even with a stock fairing).

I don't see the comparison.
HEy mate how you going? Don't mean to hijack the post..... You know I am huge Hayabusa fan ( had two them) and found it real hard to sell to buy the H2, but am a Suzuki fan through and through really. Even though LOOOOOVE the H2. :D
You obviously have the respect for the Hayabusa, but remember you saying that you would NEVER move the H2 on :laugh:

Just out of interest though, as you have the experience with both bikes for your LSR. How does the H2 and Busa compare in excitement, delivery of power and the feel it gives you when your running it/ them? It sounds like when fully worked there is no comparison. Any other difference you could highlight for me? Just really interested in your view
Thanks
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I also had two busa's

A 99 black / gray with pcIII, BMC AF, TRE and full akro - 212 mph on speedo.

A 2000 maroon with pcIII, full akro, TRE, BMC AF, and yosh cams - 11.5k rpm in 6th gear, never saw the top speed that day, but 208 mph speedo on a previous day.

The engine was so wide, it dragged the alternator cover on corners at Sebring race track.

H2 feels waaaay faster, much better handling, much better balance.... no comparison IMO.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
HEy mate how you going? Don't mean to hijack the post..... You know I am huge Hayabusa fan ( had two them) and found it real hard to sell to buy the H2, but am a Suzuki fan through and through really. Even though LOOOOOVE the H2. :D
You obviously have the respect for the Hayabusa, but remember you saying that you would NEVER move the H2 on :laugh:

Just out of interest though, as you have the experience with both bikes for your LSR. How does the H2 and Busa compare in excitement, delivery of power and the feel it gives you when your running it/ them? It sounds like when fully worked there is no comparison. Any other difference you could highlight for me? Just really interested in your view
Thanks
Jeffro ;)
Jeffro, I've had two Hayabusas and two ZZR's (not turbos) all of which I used in LSR. The difference I've found is in the way the H2 accelerates from a standstill and the fact that it isn't very aerodynamic. Final speeds after a mile have been fairly similar but the way the bikes get there is different.

Off the line the longer Hayabusa should get it's nose in front but not for long. The H2 hits 180 well inside the half mile and you cannot use 100% throttle until 5th gear or it will wheelie. The UK weekly Motorcycle News measured the H2 from zero to 180mph as 700 metres against a ZZR1400 which took 1300 metres, very similar to the Hayabusa. That's the main difference, the H2's bonkers acceleration. After that the H2 begins to pay the penalty for it's poor aero's and the others catch up.

At our meeting the other week a friend of mine was running my old Hayabusa. It went 202 in the mile against my stock H2's 205. There's no doubt that it's harder to get the best out of the H2 compared to the Hayabusa. The Suzuki or a ZZR1400 (ZX14R) would be my choice as a road bike because of comfort and the easy way they deliver power.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I owned a BUSA for a couple of years. A worked BUSA is simply not to be messed with. Period. (unless of course it involves a turn) If Suzuki puts out a standard BUSA with a Turbo, that spells trouble for the H2/ZX14 crowd.

No disprect to the S1000RR, '17 GSXR1000 Crowd, but I think the H2R/ or unleashed H2 are the most 'complete' bikes on the market today. Power, handling, and desirability.

People who knock the H2's handling are straight up idiots. People who say it's ugly have no taste. People who hate on the bike are just jealous. ...and people who say the bike is over-hyped and slow are just uninformed.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My current road bike is a turbo busa, 340hp staged from 200 in 1st ,my second turbo busa road bike over 13yrs of use in total , its lots of fun and i love the rush, but its no corner carver , wears you out faster than a true sportsbike climbing all over it in tight turns when we head to the mountains
As much as i like it (all built by me and constantly developed over that time) ,after working on the H2 racebike i am so impressed that i am very tempted to sell the busa to buy a road going H2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts