Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted the tank grips to my H2 Carbon and they decided they didn't want to stick and fell off.
Not impressed.
Ive always had these on all my previous bikes, but on here it felt like the rubber was too inflexible to fit to the curves of the tank.

Anyone else had issues with this particular version of tech spec grips?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i'm not willing to use other additional glue to stick it on a £28 k bike incase it wrecks the paint.
They list the product 2015 - current so should work, and all fitting instructions were followed correctly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh the retailer said that an adhesive enhancer would be needed, but i said no chance it's either made to work out of the box or it isn't and they shouldn't advertise it as 2015 to current model if its not going to work on my tank paint. I've got a refund now.
I have a Puig centre tank pad and its fine.
I really think the SnakeSkin rubber is too thick and inflexible to follow the curves of the tank and stick to the paint on the 2021 carbon tank

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, i'm not willing to use other additional glue to stick it on a £28 k bike incase it wrecks the paint.
They list the product 2015 - current so should work, and all fitting instructions were followed correctly
e6000 glue is 100% paint safe. I have used it on my bike multiple times i have had bad luck damaging my gas tanks lately and needed to replace them. Peel the tech spec grips off, peel the glue off, apply new glue and stick on new tank. For curiousity sake i peeled it off the damaged tank, no issues with the paint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah i went with R&G ones in the end, i'm not sure if the techspec were old stock, maybe sat in the dealers for a few years and the adhesive may have gone off, but the R&G stuck with no issue at all

·
Registered
498 Posts
Fairnuff,
I'm looking at replacing my centre pad, currently there is a deal if you buy the 2 side tank grip pads you get the centre pad free.
I'll have a look at the R&G pads too.

Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts