Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been riding in tc 1 for a while now
pretty sure she wouldve flipped over if i hadnt backed out of it while i was letting it go in second
it was like tc was off
scared me

·
Registered
173 Posts
been riding in tc 1 for a while now
pretty sure she wouldve flipped over if i hadnt backed out of it while i was letting it go in second
it was like tc was off
scared me
I second that!!! Happen twice and it would had flip for sure on both occasion.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hmm, interesting, I must roll into less throttle less quickly than you guys, but I did cold tear the rear tire and a medium roll from a standing start using TC1. As a side note, there are those who say they need that extra 45 rwhp and 6 lb/feet of torque above 10K rpm. I wonder how they would feel if they sat down for a chat with you guys ?

Rhody...

If you guys can post a 30 second horrifying video with narration I am sure the motion and sound would speak a thousand words...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mine is on 1 right now.Agree on the flip deal.'1' doesn't seem to do ANYTHING to stop that lift.
lol I ride mine in -1 which is the lest intrusive......but I love riding her with it off also.....I wish the flash would make it so we can shut it off while moving.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yep...'1' is virtually 'off' anyway;)

-1...never tried that one.Not sure those fine tune settings could be felt anyway.???I do think I feel a difference with that KEBS on 'light' though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think the + and - are just small steps meant to assist adapting to the bike. I started on 3 then to 2 now 2- next is 1+ and ride awhile at each for no surprises. After I have a feel for the mode levels I'll preset each level +- to match comfort level, riding situation or different road surfaces and switch as needed. Not sure I'll ever turn it off completely.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Sounds like a good process.

I pretty much immediately turned mine off at the beginning.I wanted to feel the torque and how much was there at a given speed.I did a few roll-on lifts.Up she came.Then went to '1'...same deal.I'm probably a more conservative rider than most of you guys.But a do enjoy poppin her up as I ride...sometimes.Getting the rottle feel and all was what I was looking for.I'll never be a 'wheely' pro...no way.I like the power without interruption...feeling the control.I tried mine in '3' mode...tried to power lift her...the KTRC was just too abrupt.It did stop the lift...but at the sake of having that control.I didn't keep it there.Maybe it activates 'quicker' when spinning the rear...IDK.But I lofted the other day in 1st...she came up,and the rear actually spun...it broke loose.KTRC '1'.Someone on another forum said that isn't possible.I'm here to say...it WILL.Mine did.I let off the gas cause she was still comin up more...but that was I thought totally cool;)That combination of front wheel slowing(in the lift)and the back wheel possibly skipping(speeding up) kicks that KTRC in quick.But still...in '1'...the flip factor is totally doable.It will flip.

I'll try Bob's setting.See how that feels.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all good points for sure
the one im trying to make is.....
most of the time tc1 holds the front about a inch or so off the road
so i got used to it doing this
i became compliant with tc
first bike ive owned that has this feature
all my other bikes will flip over easy but i ride them accordingly
think i ll set tc back a bit

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did a roll on in 2nd and 3rd today. Both times the front came up. In 2nd she came up pretty quickly too. Compared to a Gen 4 ZX10R, where you could nail it in first (TC1) and feel the front skipping along the ground, the H2 doesn't feel like it has much TC at all...

As an observation... The Gen 4 ZX10R... One could nail it in first but once it hit about 120km/h, it would stand up... Almost like that was a switching point. It did it several times...

As far as the H2, if the throttle is opened less, it seems to control the wheelie better, ie. I feel the front skipping a bit. If however I give it a good roll-on, it will just wheelie...

It certainly isn't an idiots machine... Some throttle control is required...

For reference... I've had 2 Gen 2 ZX10's, a Gen 3 and a Gen 4. None of them really felt intimidating. The fuelling down low was always excellent. The H2 is almost intimidating due to the throttle response with small openings... And it doesn't really make it easy to ride fast with high revs on, in the corners, at lean...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
2nd that!She just keeps wanting to lean and pull more and more.I LOVE it.I certainly don't get that 'in your stomach' feel like i did on my 14R.Wondering...hoping...this bike is just,"push me harder,I'll show ya"...LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.