Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I know this is trivial but I need a tank protector . Anyone got any pics of any good ones ... I know it's all on taste but I ain't got a clue what I'm looking for ....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Pro Grip in clear. The first thing I did after uncrating was very carefully clean and then polish all bodywork with the Dr.Beasleys, twice. Then I used a couple small pieces of masking tape to ensure my alignment was straight on the tank pad and stuck it in place. I like the clear because the paint shows through nicely. I saw it first on Turbo329's machine and followed suit, imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all.
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one will buy myself a set . Prefer clear ..

Cheers mate

Pro Grip in clear. The first thing I did after uncrating was very carefully clean and then polish all bodywork with the Dr.Beasleys, twice. Then I used a couple small pieces of masking tape to ensure my alignment was straight on the tank pad and stuck it in place. I like the clear because the paint shows through nicely. I saw it first on Turbo329's machine and followed suit, imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tried to take a better pic, i set the lowest point center about 30-32mm from the tank base, this gives me good coverage when leaning forward tight tuck, but also from the bottom zipper on my 1-piece leathers which has a tendency to leave a mark. This covers that area completely. Very happy with it for the price.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for the pic . It looks really nice just ordered one ... will use the same dimensions you gave as they are bang on ..

Appreciate the help .

Cheers

Sha

Tried to take a better pic, i set the lowest point center about 30-32mm from the tank base, this gives me good coverage when leaning forward tight tuck, but also from the bottom zipper on my 1-piece leathers which has a tendency to leave a mark. This covers that area completely. Very happy with it for the price.
Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi thank you seen it today at the dealer as I dropped my bike off for a health check , looked very nice

Ordered a clear one will buy a few and compare them ....

I bought the ZX14R /ZZR1400 item from my Kawasaki dealer.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I bought the ZX14R /ZZR1400 item from my Kawasaki dealer.

I did the same Bob, the UK demonstrator I test rode had the ZX14 item fitted, looked perfect, good enough for them good enough for me. I had the dealer fit it before I picked up the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've got the expel protection on the bike, but still thinking of getting a tank protector too, BobC the one you have looks to be a good substantial piece. I can't tell from the pic but does it extend to the bottom of the tank, by the seat too?

Don.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Man ... you got issues .. it's obvious your sad and lonely and have got nothing better to do than pick on people . Someone has given me a response and I have listened and purchased the product . You come in last post and say SEARCH on both posts .

When I look at your posts .. it's an argument all the time . Get a life

You know a guy named Jeffro by any chance ? Brother ? Cousin ?

NOLA

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sure that's your mothers name a primate at a zoo near you . Now that's a jab

Man ... you got issues .. it's obvious your sad and lonely and have got nothing better to do than pick on people . Someone has given me a response and I have listened and purchased the product . You come in last post and say SEARCH on both posts .

When I look at your posts .. it's an argument all the time . Get a life

You know a guy named Jeffro by any chance ? Brother ? Cousin ?

NOLA

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I've got the expel protection on the bike, but still thinking of getting a tank protector too, BobC the one you have looks to be a good substantial piece. I can't tell from the pic but does it extend to the bottom of the tank, by the seat too?

Don.

No Don it doesn't go right to the bottom. The limit on how low I could fit it was governed by the width of the top section of the pad and the shape of the tank which tapers downward.

Having said that, it's been on for over two years now and there are no marks on the tank.

·
Registered
247 Posts
@Supercharged
I read this and was sitting here in my garage lettin my dogs out, I laughed so hard I spit coffee all over the floor.
:)
'Sounds like you got your riding gear sorted', was first thing popped into my head.
LMFAO!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Try telling that to my girlfriend , when she walked into the bedroom and caught me in her Stockings , Suspenders , Stilettos and lipstick she hit the F*U*C*K*I*N*G ROOF !" Sheesh" you can't win .
I kinda just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

NOLA

1 - 20 of 71 Posts