Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Dodo Juice, UK based co. but have bought their stuff before via AutoGeek online in the USA... Their "SuperNatural" is really good stuff. Especially on black vehicles can also recommend Pinnacles "Souveran" for a really deep/wet look & ease of use. Both waxes refine the highest/#1 grade yellow Brazilian carnauba wax into Ivory colored wax. Best when prior waxes are removed, paint is clayed, applied in the shade on cool to the touch panels, etc..... I stick with pure wax & stay away from the hybrid wax/sealants on bikes, there's so little paint to wax & don't ride in the rain often so rather have a deeper shine than having it last a little longer.

This stuff is da bomb on dark vehicles:
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Carnauba Wax is Brilliant on Red- Awesome on Black! Souver?n? is hand poured, one container at a time, and boxed with an

Phone pics don't do the look justice but one of my black Harley's, hard to tell where the metallic paint begins & the sky ends:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trouble I have is my paintwork is 3m protected so areas of the bike I just waxing the film. So use a very soft wax. Visually you can't tell it's on but probably not the same as waxing paint. I have tank all around apart from top area. Nose cone and down by nostrils. Front mudguard and also the curve on the front of the side pieces on front middle section.

I don't have a tank pad cos the 3m protects the paint.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Trouble I have is my paintwork is 3m protected so areas of the bike I just waxing the film. So use a very soft wax. Visually you can't tell it's on but probably not the same as waxing paint. I have tank all around apart from top area. Nose cone and down by nostrils. Front mudguard and also the curve on the front of the side pieces on front middle section.

I don't have a tank pad cos the 3m protects the paint.

Same here w/ self healing Expel film, absolutely the best way to keep the paint pristine, protect from all clear coat micro or deeper scratching & chips into the paint layer. Just as big for me is it makes taking care of the bike so much easier, no problem wiping down a slightly dusty bike w/ detailing spay & micro fiber, something I would never do on this highly reflective paint without the film installed. For this paint, protective film (professionally applied if you're even slightly OCD w/ bikes) is a must & best time to have it done is when the bike is brand new.

On my H2 - Covered entire tank, entire front of the bike/cowl & side fairings, front fender, headlight. I have stompgrip tank pads installed over the film to protect the film from abuse from zippers, belt buckles but mainly for grip...

3M on one of my cars right now, another car w/ Expel. You can definitely use regular wax on the film, that's how I took care of all my sports cars w/ clear film from Ventureshield, 3M, Expel for over a dozen years but for film recently have been using & like the results of Expels sealant/wax:

There's also small 2oz. bottles available:

13 years ago when I had my first car protected w/ clear film the stuff worked but wasn't nearly as good as what's out today, it wasn't as clear & didn't have self healing properties. W/ the modern versions of high quality protective film most as very good, it's really all about the quality of the install.

Below @ Detailing Dynamics shop (they're more expensive but the best in the country). The owners Matt & Eddy are perfectionists, they've done protective film on A LOT of cars for me.

Pics post Expel film install :

Expel + stompgrip:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts