Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since the bike is parked for the winter its time for some upgrade. Aiming to have it at the same power level as a unrestricted H2 and would like to get it as close to 500lbs as I can. Mods will be the following

Gen4 ZX10R headers
Gen 5 ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
Driven block off plates
Sprint filter, still debating the P08 or F1
Powerbronze fender eliminator
Powerbronze double windscreen
Woolich Racing auto tune + dyno tune

Right now in working on the exhaust. Header came in over the weekend, just need the spacers for the flanges. I wanted to get the 3/4 yoshimura system for the 10R which i had on my 2015 zx10r, but the dealership had a black friday sale on the slip on that i couldnt pass up. Ordered the mid pipe seperately, will be here next week. Think its gonna fit pretty good. If i gotta get rid of my centre stand thats fine, will be removing it anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking to do same thing to my sx. I've already removed exhaust can and rear pegs which saved me 12lbs. I've also got the woolidge autotune and a 200/55/17 rear tire.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm looking to do same thing to my sx. I've already removed exhaust can and rear pegs which saved me 12lbs. I've also got the woolidge autotune and a 200/55/17 rear tire.
huge difference in weight going to from the oem header/can to the zx10r header and yoshimura 3/4 system. The mid pipe should be here any day so ill compare weights. I know the oem header, can, servo motor is 35lbs. I'm guessing the setup im going with is between 10-15lbs.

I'm blown away how restricted the tune is. Throttle plates only open 100% for 500rpm and are closed to 13% by redline.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Powerbronze double windscreen"..I'd do a bit of research on that choice.I have a zx14.I ordered a powerbronze iridium screen from them.Beautiful little item.After all the years of the 14 being out,you'd think ANY company would get it right.Nope.It didn't fit.Somehow they managed to leave out the critical flange around the outside of the screen.That allows it to sit flush inside the cowl.So it ends up having this NOTICEABLE gap.Very disappointed in that.Just went through that again now with WeBike's H2 taller screen.Beautiful screen.No fit.Same deal.Zero Gravity or someone like that has good stuff.Just thought I'd let ya know before you get disappointed(maybe).
I just looked on their site.Look at the pics of their screens.There IS a gap along the screen/cowl interface.They cleverly angled the shot to not show a close up of that area.But it's there alright.IDK WHY their tooling dept can't get that right.You'd think they'd want to.After all these years.

If I remember correctly,I wasn't allowed to return it.And I see nothing on their site that addresses returns.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Powerbronze double windscreen"..I'd do a bit of research on that choice.I have a zx14.I ordered a powerbronze iridium screen from them.Beautiful little item.After all the years of the 14 being out,you'd think ANY company would get it right.Nope.It didn't fit.Somehow they managed to leave out the critical flange around the outside of the screen.That allows it to sit flush inside the cowl.So it ends up having this NOTICEABLE gap.Very disappointed in that.Just went through that again now with WeBike's H2 taller screen.Beautiful screen.No fit.Same deal.Zero Gravity or someone like that has good stuff.Just thought I'd let ya know before you get disappointed(maybe).
I just looked on their site.Look at the pics of their screens.There IS a gap along the screen/cowl interface.They cleverly angled the shot to not show a close up of that area.But it's there alright.IDK WHY their tooling dept can't get that right.You'd think they'd want to.After all these years.

If I remember correctly,I wasn't allowed to return it.And I see nothing on their site that addresses returns.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunely there isnt many options for the sx. Was praying for puig to come out with one and the finally did and i dont like the looks. Will have to do some more research and maybe sacrifice looks for function/fitment

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I mean,if you don't mind a small gap in there,it's cool.I tried to think of a way to grind a small lip on the screen edge there,but the screen thickness just wouldn't allow any thinning of that area.I actually installed some flexible weatherstripping in it.To kinda smooth it out some.You could tell it wasn't okay.Probably anyone just looking wouldn't think it's not okay.But for us..yeah,we see that stuff.

"Unfortunely there isnt many options for the sx"...maybe wait for a while before spending the dough.SOMEONE will get this deal sorted.The Puigs and Zerogravity got it right.There's others out there.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
This outer edge is what needs to be on any screen you might buy.If it doesn't have that,it won't fit correctly.This pic is of a two piece screen,but the outer edge must be designed like this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This outer edge is what needs to be on any screen you might buy.If it doesn't have that,it won't fit correctly.This pic is of a two piece screen,but the outer edge must be designed like this.
Just to be clear are you referring to the H2 windscreens or H2 SX’s?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You can usually tell the really quick bikes from the "have a go" riders at our top speed meetings by their screens. Black screens are not much use for real speed.

Think I'm kidding? Just try 220mph peering through a black screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can usually tell the really quick bikes from the "have a go" riders at our top speed meetings by their screens. Black screens are not much use for real speed.

Think I'm kidding? Just try 220mph peering through a black screen.
I dont plan on doing top speed runs. That being said, if i can ever get back on the track with my back injury, would like my camera to be see through it so that has been another thing i been debating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts