Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm 160.I dialed out about 4 clicks on the rear preload,dialed out about 1 turn on the compression damping(rear)...up front...dialed out almost two full turns on the preload,two clicks out on the compression.These adjustments were starting at the factory settings...not closing all down and resetting to the above values.Handling hasn't been affected...but the ride quality softened up a bit...which I needed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 190 lbs. After resetting/verifying all settings at factory values, I adjusted them half way between factory and full soft settings. It is much more pleasant on bumpy city streets and I don't feel the handling has been compromised at all for playing on the twisters.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm 190 lbs. After resetting/verifying all settings at factory values, I adjusted them half way between factory and full soft settings. It is much more pleasant on bumpy city streets and I don't feel the handling has been compromised at all for playing on the twisters.
That's about where I'm at, and I weigh 230 .

That turned out to be the sweet spot, especially since Palomar is bumpy.

Front and rear sag was right on the money with 30 mm front ( don't remember the rear )

·
Registered
4 Posts
After looking at a GoPro vid of the H2 rear squatting too much we made a few changes but still have a ways to go. Any thoughts are appreciated!
Bike has 2700 km on it and the rider is 210 lbs .
When following him you could see the rear squat excessively coming out of a corner when putting the power down. The bikes not at all settled. This is at speed.

Took the sag readings and it was 60mm at the rear and 35mm at the front. We added an additional 14 clicks harder on the preload which only brought the rear to 40mm. Left the front alone and it certainly improved it but now it slightly pushes the front out.
My k7 gixxer is 30/30 with ohlins and is spot on. I would have thought with the good quality rear shock on the H2 you wouldn't have had to make such a large adjustmen? He may have to look at a stiffer Spring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts