Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my h2 but was wonder at 1500 to 3000 rpm when trying to cruise at slow speeds the power like surges and I was just wondering if anyone else was doing the same...:confused:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have noticed it too, but it seems to be at slightly higher rpm. Not too bad though, probably a function of a 200 hp motor and fly by wire controls.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine seems to feel like its not quite running clean,could be called surging when throttle is just open,,certainly has no effect when opening it.These bikes are a challenge to keep at low speed so mr plod doesnt take you aside and clean out your wallet.My bigest problem is getting tghe suspension soft enough so that it is comfortable on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
What's interesting is...the other day,when the wind was blowing(I noticed)it felt like it was lightly doing this...at around I'd say....25mph.I thought it felt a bit odd...never felt it do that.

Today,when I went out...no wind...it was fine.I just chalked it up to some odd breeze blowing at the right spot at the right speed.As I said...today I couldn't duplicate that at all.I did NOT however go on that same road....I will...just to see if it's something in the pavement...who knows?This bike may be more sensitive to wind conditions because of the fairings.(on the nose especially).I know it sounds silly...but I've felt these kind of things with my previous bikes(sportbikes)as well.When I sped up the other day...it disappeared.It didn't(to me)sound like it was coming from the motor...just a feeling...not something mechanical(like fueling)

Today I tooled around in several places at low rpms...in that same range...nothing...smooth as glass.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine doesn't do that, only the well known abruptness coming off a closed throttle at very low rpm in traffic which I'm getting used to. Once on the throttle it's fine.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Bob...you can fix that jerking deal by getting a spacer and installing onto the bar end...between the grip and the bar end cap.I put one in there...works perfect for that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I believe it is just extremely touchy throttle response. I have inquired with Guhl to see if this is something he can address by maybe making the throttle response a bit slower to react upon initial throttle input. I have not hear back, if you too are interested send him an email, maybe with enough inquiries he will look into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"And that Officer is why I was doing 87 in a 30 zone, what makes you think it's anything to do with the 200bhp I have readily at my disposal"

Yes I'll use that myself....thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
With a fly-by-wire throttle it should be possible to have any desired throttle response. It shouldn't tax the brains at Kawasaki too much to come out with an update to soften the attack, whether it's the transfer function of a pot or a bit of digital processing.

Come on Kawasaki, this could really do with a fix.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Went out today...checked that out again right away...same road.No 'surging' this time.I just think it was the wind or the RPM/load at that particular moment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On my H2 revving about 5000 in 3 gear then releasing the throttle, so just gliding, then wanting to accelerate real quick and giving a lot of gas I get a big bang sounding like the transmission is trying to catch up to the motor. Does anyone else get this? Not necessarily 3 gear just an example.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts