Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how loud your blowers are when your sitting on the bike fully warmed up. Another I saw locally makes ZERO noise at idle unless you put your ear up to the intake. He wasn't much help since he had no idea what filter was in it so I wasn't sure if it was stock. Anyhow I notice on mine if I'm sitting on it at a light I can hear the blower similiar to what I hear if I put my ear against the duct up front. I mostly hear it at idle, after that with the Brock's exhaust I can't hear anything else. But it sounds metaliicy if that makes sense. I'm assuming it's normal?

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have not ridden since Oct due to the weather but from what I rmemeber the whine is only heard when I rev the engine. and that's with the Akro on and the bike is standard

·
Registered
867 Posts
Same here nothing unless I rev it......

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm tone death due to riding with a tt3 exhaust with no baffle. Even when the police pull me I make out I can't hear anything. Constantly revert to sign language. Ha ha. As for supercharger whine all I have is ringing in my ears. I will be wearing ear plugs this summer coming.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine's the same as the others, no appreciable noise on tick-over, just when you rev it followed by the twittering of the dump valve. Love it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Same here, someone mentioned with a sprint filter the noise from the supercharger becomes more prominent. I would pull the inlet pipe and check for any obvious play. It may even be a dirty filter causing the noise?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm tone death due to riding with a tt3 exhaust with no baffle. Even when the police pull me I make out I can't hear anything. Constantly revert to sign language. Ha ha. As for supercharger whine all I have is ringing in my ears. I will be wearing ear plugs this summer coming.

Do you have the baffle in? I'm looking at the TT3 racing exhaust with the baffle and hoping it makes it a little difference

·
Registered
702 Posts
My SC always made a "Whirring" noise as far back as I can remember. Almost like a faint whistle at idle. I think it became more noticeable after my DNA filter install but even my bike when brand new it made the noise.

I have several YouTube vids of my bike idling at different stages of modification.

Now the bike makes the noise even louder since I added fuel at idle with the PCV to bring it up to about 1300-1400rpm.

It's perfectly normal.

Now, if you're getting a pinging noise from the SC Chain tensioner or if you hear rubbing noises from behind the clutch cover, I would certainly pull everything off and inspect everything.

·
Registered
891 Posts
you know what bugs me (even on the track) is the flutter noise of the blow-off valve when you're at neutral throttle. It really distracts my attention away from points of the track I should be focusing on, because it's such an unnatural sound coming from a bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My SC always made a "Whirring" noise as far back as I can remember. Almost like a faint whistle at idle. I think it became more noticeable after my DNA filter install but even my bike when brand new it made the noise.

I have several YouTube vids of my bike idling at different stages of modification.

Now the bike makes the noise even louder since I added fuel at idle with the PCV to bring it up to about 1300-1400rpm.

It's perfectly normal.

Now, if you're getting a pinging noise from the SC Chain tensioner or if you hear rubbing noises from behind the clutch cover, I would certainly pull everything off and inspect everything.
Yea it seems your talking about what I hear also. The whine I can't hear over the exhaust when it's revved up. If I hold a towel over the outlet (checking for exhaust leaks) I can hear the blower when it's revved. Sitting on the bike I hear a faint constant whistle/metallic humming

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Curious how loud your blowers are when your sitting on the bike fully warmed up. Another I saw locally makes ZERO noise at idle unless you put your ear up to the intake. He wasn't much help since he had no idea what filter was in it so I wasn't sure if it was stock. Anyhow I notice on mine if I'm sitting on it at a light I can hear the blower similiar to what I hear if I put my ear against the duct up front. I mostly hear it at idle, after that with the Brock's exhaust I can't hear anything else. But it sounds metaliicy if that makes sense. I'm assuming it's normal?
I know exactly what metallic sound you're referring to. You can hear it in your vid when the bike is idling ...I hadn't noticed it till I switched to the DNA filter, concerned I did some looking around, even asked Brock once then started to come across H2 clips on YouTube where you can hear the same sound from brand new bikes started up after uncrating at dealerships. It's not the wirrling you hear from the SC. When I switched back to the OEM filter for a time I could still hear it although slightly less. Funny because some people can hear it others can't. Its a subtle but high pitch metallic dinging like from a revolving cam chain & the sound is emitted from the ram air duck opening in the cowl.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've installed the sprint filter but absolutely don't have that noise at idle however its not had first service yet so still on break in oil...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know exactly what metallic sound you're referring to. You can hear it in your vid when the bike is idling ...I hadn't noticed it till I switched to the DNA filter, concerned I did some looking around, even asked Brock once then started to come across H2 clips on YouTube where you can hear the same sound from brand new bikes started up after uncrating at dealerships. It's not the wirrling you hear from the SC. When I switched back to the OEM filter for a time I could still hear it although slightly less. Funny because some people can hear it others can't. Its a subtle but high pitch metallic dinging like from a revolving cam chain & the sound is emitted from the ram air duck opening in the cowl.
Same here. DNA filter makes the noise much more noticeable. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, no metal, not getting worse, no marks on the impeller. Shrug. Glad other people have the same noise though. I wonder why Lamf doesn't hear it.

You have the SC gears in your bike, no?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Guys, is this once the engine is warm or right from start up? Ive never noticed it but will check again next time i fire it up, sounds pretty clear in the videos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Same here. DNA filter makes the noise much more noticeable. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, no metal, not getting worse, no marks on the impeller. Shrug. Glad other people have the same noise though. I wonder why Lamf doesn't hear it.

You have the SC gears in your bike, no?
Freakin page keeps crashing erasing my post, have been relegated to typing in word & copying & pasting.

You managed to capture the sound extremely well, I tried w/ my phone but you couldn't really hear it well over the exhaust.

No SC gears on my bike. Don't want to install an intercooler so for the type of riding I'm often doing in the conditions I'm often in; it's much safer on my bikes engine to have a 14k rev limit, using the extra revs when & where I want to. Plus don't want to be concerned about the other issues w/ gears while out there riding.

I had 4000 miles on the bike before switching to the DNA filter & didn't notice the sound till I switched filters. I honestly forget what my Kawi mechanic & service manager said but think it was something like: typical loud Kawasaki cam chain? Don't remember it was a year & a half ago. I had them check over the bike anyway, SC play, SC chain, etc. all checked out. Then I started hearing the same sound in a lot of the H2 videos I watched. 8500 miles later, no issues, noise has stayed the same.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good find!! Yep same noise. Well that makes me feel better. Lol

Btw it took me about 10 tries to read this post. Kept getting an ad page pop up and then would open my App Store. Any way to stop this?
No problem. You can sometimes catch the same sound if recorded in front of the bike but only if you're listening for it.

Turbos329's bike, you can hear it most of the time from 4:40 to 7:00 :

1 - 20 of 31 Posts