Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

stumbled upon this in the service manual. In the "periodic maintainance section" there is a part about super charger oil screen replacement.

It says to replace the oil screen and oil screen bolt.

Anybody knows why this needs to be done?
Does the supercharger use it's own oil or does it share the engine oil?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Yeah..recently read that also.My H2 has virtually stopped chirping.Don't know if that has anything to do with that screen.But it hasn't chirped in at least a year now. I installed the Brock's stage 2 about two years ago,maybe less.
Getting to that screen looks awfully difficult.IDK.

I think any oil for that sc is being drawn from the engine oil.I've never read anything about 'sc oil'.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine stopped chirping after installing the E.C. Intercooler for some reason. Interesting about your experience SilverbirdH2.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Yeah.I wonder what that means?If anything.She still screams massively.I checked the impellor part.No free play except as it was new.Weird.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you referring to the screen in the plenum? I habe the SX/SE and it says dont remove it. Nothing about servicing though. Mine is removed because I have the yager werx intercooler.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mine stopped chirping after installing the E.C. Intercooler for some reason. Interesting about your experience SilverbirdH2.
I still think the sales talk of the chirping being the supercharger tips breaking the sound barrier is bollocks , this makes me think I’m correct .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you referring to the screen in the plenum? I habe the SX/SE and it says dont remove it. Nothing about servicing though. Mine is removed because I have the yager werx intercooler.
No, it's located on the supercharger. It looks to be some sort of small filter. I'll replace ot with the next oil change.

·
Registered
424 Posts
When I changed the blow off Valve unit with the extreme creation aftermarket one it stopped chirping and just makes a gushhh sound. Letting out a boat load of air continuously.
the stock blow off valve unit opens and closes creating the chirping noise

·
Registered
376 Posts
Richarddps19, same with mine, at least it's not a fitment issue!
Not a concern anymore, just interesting to know it occurs with EC Intercooler and the way the oem BV gets re-routed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts