Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have had my bike remapped using the Woolich software. I have Dna air filter and full Vandemon system. Currently running around 255 rwhp. The bike runs perfect and pulls great but i have an annoying
stutter at 2500 rpm to 3000 rpm. My tuner has tried mapping this out but so far nothing has helped.
Is anyone else experiencing similar problems using the same setup or could anyone suggest what we
could try to eliminate the problem.
Thank you in advance
Rob

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Very good observation.She'll definitely wheelspin at those rpms under the right conditions.

"Currently running around 255 rwhp."...that'll do it for sure;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yep first time that happened to me launching off the lights I stupidly thought something was wrong until a few seconds later I realized the TC was on level 3 & shutting it down. Level 1 or off only now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a similar setup - Woolich tuning, DNA filter, TT3 exhaust. I currently experience "lurching" between 2.5 - 3K rpm. Annoying around town and traffic, have to keep it in lower gear at 3K rpm minimum for smoother running. I'm considering it is fuelling, with being maybe too rich down low. Will be getting it re-adjusted in time. The tuner stated he smoothed out the throttle response for less snatchy throttle but could be better.

Don.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have a similar setup - Woolich tuning, DNA filter, TT3 exhaust. I currently experience "lurching" between 2.5 - 3K rpm. Annoying around town and traffic, have to keep it in lower gear at 3K rpm minimum for smoother running. I'm considering it is fuelling, with being maybe too rich down low. Will be getting it re-adjusted in time. The tuner stated he smoothed out the throttle response for less snatchy throttle but could be better.

Don.
Yes thats exactly what i mean.This seems to be a WOOLICH problem. My tuner has tried everything with no success. It even happens in neutral just holding throttle at above rpm. Very annoying in traffic which we have lots of in the UK.
Anyone else have the same set up and have the same symptoms ??
I have emailed Woolich and i hope they get back to me with a solution

·
Registered
414 Posts
Haven't had mine dyno'ed, wondering if doing a dyno run with woolich re-tuning at the time may help. Apparently the woolich tuner, who happens to be my dealer's H2 certified mechanic, also does woolich tuning in conjunction with dyno runs. He had tuned mine "on the run" so to say, with three tuning runs to get the mapping right. All the usual de-restrictions have been done, including 100% throttle maps all gears blah blah blah...I have the woolich tuning cable attached with the connection point sitting under the seat for easy access. He is also awaiting word from woolich regarding this problem and other tuning matters/upgrades.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi, i have had my bike remapped using the Woolich software. I have Dna air filter and full Vandemon system. Currently running around 255 rwhp. The bike runs perfect and pulls great but i have an annoying
stutter at 2500 rpm to 3000 rpm. My tuner has tried mapping this out but so far nothing has helped.
Is anyone else experiencing similar problems using the same setup or could anyone suggest what we
could try to eliminate the problem.
Thank you in advance
Rob
Is the lambda sensor fitted into the Vandemon exhaust?

My dyno man says that no matter what he tries to do with the Power Commander map, adding fuel at low rpm, the lambda sensor sees it as rich and the ECU leans it off again. I have an eliminator ready to fit to break the loop, hopefully to solve this. Is this your problem robby999?

·
Registered
238 Posts

My dyno man says that no matter what he tries to do with the Power Commander map, adding fuel at low rpm, the lambda sensor sees it as rich and the ECU leans it off again. I have an eliminator ready to fit to break the loop, hopefully to solve this. Is this your problem robby999?
Have you blocked off the pair valve Bob?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dyno man Andrew at Junction 33 will email my map over for him to take a look at. Andrew has also a feeling it could be to do with the lambda sensor so we were going to fit that back in and put the map back to standard to see if it still does it. Frustrating stuff !!! Maybe this is year specific or ECU specific problem ?? The more people that report on this problem the better chance we have of finding a solution.
Woolich have been in contact with me today already which is great service. I hope they will be able to come up with a solution as it drives me crazy in traffic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I have no lambda sensor fitted into the Vandemon.
Thanks Bob maybe an eliminator could be a solution. Please keep us informed in this thread. I have also made Woolich aware of this thread.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
But I thought the factory narrowband O2 sensor is only used by the ECU at low revs to add more air into the exhaust via the air switching valve for emissions values. I didn't think it adjusted fuel or mixture at the throttle bodies.

If someone tried to make a map on a dyno using a seperate dyno O2 sensor in the exhaust without stopping the air switching valve (pair valve) their AFR's would be all over the place. Kawasaki would be stuffing air into the exhaust, the dyno would see that as lean and dyno guy would add more fuel. The over rich might be a human created problem, not a hardware or bike one.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the same issue with my Woolich derestricted 2016 zx10r :(

It even stalls when cold!

By comparison my Guhl H2 is perfect :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just want to add my $0.02

The stutter is not a "Woolich Thing". It happens at low rpm regardless of the flash. I have it also and I used Flashtune.

It's right around the point where you just let out the clutch fully and are under very light throttle. Kind of like riding around a parking lot. You can add fuel there but as the Eco Mode kicks in it will lean it back up.

At the moment, no one has a real fix for it. I'm not sure if anyone is willing to devote the resources to fix it though since you're very rarely in that rpm range. Riding the clutch is typically what I do to circumvent the problem.

My theory on this is that with the stock system mounted it created more back pressure and it smoothed out the power there. Once you go aftermarket, the flow characteristics changed and created the stutter.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have no lambda sensor fitted into the Vandemon.
Thanks Bob maybe an eliminator could be a solution. Please keep us informed in this thread. I have also made Woolich aware of this thread.:)

I also tune with PCV and am very familiar with this setup.

Dynojet instructions (at least the one's I've seen) discourage adding fuel to the 0% and 2% columns due to reversion and not being able to get an accurate tune. It also doesn't recommend adding to the 5% column until cruise rpm. Roughly 4-5000rpm.

In the H2's case, adding fuel before 5,000rpm won't help with the stutter due to reversion and Eco mode kicking in. I've personally experimented and added up to 50% more fuel in the PCV map with no change to the AFR reading on the dyno. That Eco mode is a real PITA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the same issue with my Woolich derestricted 2016 zx10r :(

It even stalls when cold!

By comparison my Guhl H2 is perfect :)
Hi, am i correct in saying the GUHL ecu flash is OK or have these people the same problems ???
Thanks everyone for your input

1 - 20 of 91 Posts