Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am slowly trying to find parts to put my H2R on the street. If anyone here is upgrading their wheels, I am interested in buying both front and rear wheels from you. I like to save the original H2R wheels as is and use a spare set for street use. Also, please let me know if you know someone else is selling them..Thanks ahead.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am slowly trying to find parts to put my H2R on the street. If anyone here is upgrading their wheels, I am interested in buying both front and rear wheels from you. I like to save the original H2R wheels as is and use a spare set for street use. Also, please let me know if you know someone else is selling them..Thanks ahead.
I have 2016 H2 wheels for sale like new no scratch or bend.

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
to put my H2R on the street.
I’m new to the forum so if this topic has been discussed previously forgive me, but I am really interested this as I have been trying to decide if it would be best to mod the H2 to H2r specs or convert the H2r onto the street. Can I ask how you are doing that, are you using a license plate & registration from another bike like Ninja zx10 or something? I imagine it would be easy to mod a brake light on, but what are you doing for mirrors? What other changes are you doing for street? very interested...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I’m new to the forum so if this topic has been discussed previously forgive me, but I am really interested this as I have been trying to decide if it would be best to mod the H2 to H2r specs or convert the H2r onto the street. Can I ask how you are doing that, are you using a license plate & registration from another bike like Ninja zx10 or something? I imagine it would be easy to mod a brake light on, but what are you doing for mirrors? What other changes are you doing for street? very interested...
As stated before you can convert an H2R for the road but it would never be 100% street legal. Better to mod the H2.

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I believe getting a street title isn't as tricky as some people believe.

As far as the electrical parts of the conversion, there is a VERY trick conversion thread here.

EDIT: Just saw your location, it might be trickier in California than other states.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I believe getting a street title isn't as tricky as some people believe.
this is the part I'm most interested in, what can you tell me about it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi,

First of all, I don't want to tear into the H2R at all by rewiring or reprogramming.
- Use spare set of street rims & tires
- Add bolt-on headlight with just on-off switch
- No need for turn signals for now but not big deal to add them
- Add bar-end mirror
- Add bracket to hold license plate
- Turn on rear brake light by the dealer diagnostic computer (default factory for H2R is off)

In my state, insurance and registered plate are required to ride on street. My insurance company already insured my bike. I took a chance and went to DMV with a title and see if they will provide me a street legal license plate, and they did give me a valid registration and plate. Yes, it was relatively simple for me but I cannot guarantee that will be for other H2R owners.

Is my H2R really legal on the street? Who knows? I think it is just as legal or illegal as the H2 owners who removed the factory exhaust and go with a straight bare exhaust.

Yes, my bike is the loudest thing on the street and most and likely I will get stopped (they have to catch me 1st) but I take that chance. At least I have all the legal paperwork so I am not too worry about it. Plus, I am not using it as daily rider (already have ZX12R), I just want to have a little fun with it whenever I want.

Lastly, I did want the real deal H2R and planned it that way since the beginning. Luckily, the plan worked out without major roadblock.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I took a chance and went to DMV with a title and see if they will provide me a street legal license plate, and they did give me a valid registration and plate. Yes, it was relatively simple for me but I cannot guarantee that will be for other H2R owners.
This is consistent with what I've heard from most grey market bikes (not just the H2R). If you have a manufacturer's certificate of origin, which you should get with the H2R, you might be able to just walk into the DMV and register it as a new vehicle. No fuss or anything special. I've never done this and can't necessarily condone it or advise it, but the worst they can say is no.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great...please send me private message to work out the price and shipping info.
I try to inbox you but no luck I am in Europe now this are the pic you can also text me on my cell number I have open line world wide 16467632210

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I try to inbox you but no luck I am in Europe now this are the pic you can also text me on my cell number I have open line world wide 16467632210
Are you selling the rims with tires or just rims? I hope the green flakes look better in real life on the bike. May be the pictures don't do them justice.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you selling the rims with tires or just rims? I hope the green flakes look better in real life on the bike. May be the pictures don't do them justice.
Only the rims the green flakes looks sick on them you need really to look at them close up if not the color looks just like stock H2 rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
hey KawieH2R,
are you going to flash your ecu? If so, are going to dyno it?
Could you tell the before, and after feel of the bike?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I might have my information all balled up. But doesn't a restricted H2R put out about 250 rwh? So if it is unrestricted,
how much does it make?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I might have my information all balled up. But doesn't a restricted H2R put out about 250 rwh? So if it is unrestricted,
how much does it make?
No, I have not dynoed it. If it is ECU that is the restriction, that is the easiest fix. If it has 326hp, then that is expected. I am really not too concerned about it. Until I get to ride it on the street, I might take it across town where there is a dyno available for testing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Only the rims the green flakes looks sick on them you need really to look at them close up if not the color looks just like stock H2 rims.
Thanks for the pics. I just checked with my Kaw dealer and they can get me a brand new set of rims with the green stripes just like my existing rims for $1500 out the door. I believe the regular price is over $1700.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts