Ninja H2 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason i ask is there was a guy on the zx10r forum that posted quite frequently then suddenly stopped posting for a few months.

He went for a short, slow ride without a helmet, crashed and got seriously messed up, even at 25 mph !

He still has no memory of the accident.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The reason i ask is there was a guy on the zx10r forum that posted quite frequently then suddenly stopped posting for a few months.

He went for a short, slow ride without a helmet, crashed and got seriously messed up, even at 25 mph !

He still has no memory of the accident.
yeah you're talking about Jeff aka SkyDork, that was crazy. I've had a few email exchanges with him since.
but I know what you mean when someone drops off the grid you start to wonder..

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah you're talking about Jeff aka SkyDork, that was crazy. I've had a few email exchanges with him since.
but I know what you mean when someone drops off the grid you start to wonder..
I thought most from the US can/do ride without a helmet?
Talking to a few bikers in Florida about this and one was a retired Cop. Said if your riding around with a helmet on when it's 100+ it's not good.

My reply was i've been hit off the bike at under 30 and when I hit my head on the road it would have most probably killed me. I would rather take the chance and ride with a helmet.

I know the laws change one state to another but seems amazing some places still allow u to ride with just sunnys on

·
Registered
277 Posts
For what it's worth, I sent him an email at the beginning of this month to check in and included a link to this thread and never heard back. Hopefully all is well and life is just keeping him busy.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Said if your riding around with a helmet on when it's 100+ it's not good"...LOL.I HOPE he meant,'comfortable'. I did know a guy years ago that bought a bike.He was sitting on it in his garage.Somehow he kinda leaned it,and the bike and him went over.No helmet.Smacked his head.CRACKED it open to be precise.That guy suffered serious brain damage from that and was never the same.Things can happen in a heartbeat.I know this,had I not been wearing my lid on my last wreck,I wouldn't be here now.
It may seem 'cool'...but bikes and helmets are 'one',when it comes to MY riding anyway.ER's HATE having to try and resuscitate guys when it could have been prevented.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hey guys!

All is good, just got super busy. When the nice weather finally came around started spending all my free time riding & w/ family, my teenage kids are like in constant motion. My motorcycle club has been ultra time consuming as well.

Yup, absolutely still have & love my H2, wouldn't think of trading it for any other sports bike out there.

Thanks very much for thinking of me though, that's really nice of ya'all....

Really appreciate the call Brock & the email Alex.

Just some very random pics from the last couple of months.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I thought most from the US can/do ride without a helmet? I know the laws change one state to another but seems amazing some places still allow u to ride with just sunnys on
yes depends on the State. Here in Cali it's been illegal to ride without a helmet for many years. Some near by states like Arizona & Nevada I believe you can still ride without. In SkyDork's case he was riding his new/used 600cc bike down his street without a helmet just so he could hear the engine sound, he was looking for something. He has no memory of what happened after that but his head hit the curb. Really sad.

For what it's worth, I sent him an email at the beginning of this month to check in and included a link to this thread and never heard back. Hopefully all is well and life is just keeping him busy.
I had an email exchange with him yesterday and he is doing pretty good. Still has some numbness in his hand and discomfort in his neck, and his neurologist is going to be doing a full evaluation I think this week. Hoping the best for him.

Hope we didn't hijack this thread... anyone hear hear from Stradale yet?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Glad you're still with us Gregg.
funny I must have been composing my post above right when you were posting too, LOL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts