Ninja H2 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had the entire bike covered with the Xpel clear shield and it came out great..... did this before I put any miles on her. BUT I run stomp grip on my ZX10R on the tank sides and the plastics just below it. I have to say you ride the two bikes back to back and the 10 is nicer to ride as far as controlling the bike because of the stomp grip. I'm really wanting to add it to the H2 but the paint on the tank side is so nice I'm not sure I should. But I have so much better control with it and the power this thing is putting out I think its a must do what do you guys think?

Reactions: edinlr and OKH2

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think you should go with what makes ya comfortable while riding.I had TechSpec tank grips on my 14R...they remove very easily and leave no residue.I cut em to shape how I wanted em.Long as you clean the tank well,and apply without anything getting embedded underneath,they should come off nicely without harming the paint or clear.I'd make VERY sure the edges are adhered to the tank.Anything getting underneath there,even around the edges could be damaging.So far I'm having no issues holding onto the tank for leaning in.My knees hook just right for those hard corners.But that may not be the case for everyone.I'd go with black if it were me...Since you did the tank and all with that expel...you won't get any marring at the tank sides using your knees.But you want grip,yes?

BTW...your 10 looks really good with that clear Stompgrip on there...good job Some;)I may do something with some tankgrip...but at this point,I just don't feel she needs it.(or me)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi guys,this is what I have just done to my h2 while I wait for a proper kit made for the h2 turns up,I used Techspec from the Ninja1000 (11 to current I think it was) kit and the snake skin pro 4 tank protector,i will also Xpel the leading edges when I get some,i know its not stomp grip but thought I would share,
Cheers kozzy

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
So I had the entire bike covered with the Xpel clear shield and it came out great..... did this before I put any miles on her. BUT I run stomp grip on my ZX10R on the tank sides and the plastics just below it. I have to say you ride the two bikes back to back and the 10 is nicer to ride as far as controlling the bike because of the stomp grip. I'm really wanting to add it to the H2 but the paint on the tank side is so nice I'm not sure I should. But I have so much better control with it and the power this thing is putting out I think its a must do what do you guys think?

I found that I used my knees on this bike more than most others. I don't use them much on the Ducati, but I am thinking this is because it is so much lighter and I don't have to manhandle it as much. I like the look of the stomp grip and will consider that as well.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have TecSpeck on my 14 also Slive. I did that for more of tank protection on her. The stomp grip really helps me stay put and control the bike much better. I've noticed my wrists n hands don't get as tired on the 10 as the H2 and I'm starting to think its because of being able to trip the tank better.....I just hate to mess ups the look of the H2.....She looks SO good.....lol

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
473 Posts
I found that I used my knees on this bike more than most others. I don't use them much on the Ducati, but I am thinking this is because it is so much lighter and I don't have to manhandle it as much. I like the look of the stomp grip and will consider that as well.
I find that I grip the tank more when braking then anything. It's just like riding on the track you don't want to have weight on the bars entering into a turn so when your are braking hard you grip the tank to keep from putting too much weight on the bars. On the street I do this to save my wrists, the riding position of the H2 is something I can't do for too long. I know I will be labeled the old guy for this but I'm looking at installing Convertibars so I'm more upright.

Reactions: edinlr

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Wonder if they have a set for this bike?I'm leaving mine as is.I did however mod my seat already.Added a gel piece at the front of it about 4" long and the width of the seat nose area.Will ride her today and see how that worked.It feels pretty good just sitting on her.I needed to try and get the seat more flattened(not angled forward) across the length.This seems to have helped that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ordered my Stompgrip kit for the H2 about a month ago.
Comes in clear and I'll put it right on top of the Xpel on my tank.
I don't think it will detract the looks at all,removes easy and can be put back on like the Techspec. Grip is great.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ordered my Stompgrip kit for the H2 about a month ago.
Comes in clear and I'll put it right on top of the Xpel on my tank.
I don't think it will detract the looks at all,removes easy and can be put back on like the Techspec. Grip is great.
Looking forward to post-installation pics of your H2 STOMPGRIP kit! ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi guys,this is what I have just done to my h2 while I wait for a proper kit made for the h2 turns up,I used Techspec from the Ninja1000 (11 to current I think it was) kit and the snake skin pro 4 tank protector,i will also Xpel the leading edges when I get some,i know its not stomp grip but thought I would share,
Cheers kozzy
Love how it looks, pattern does a good job at complementing the H2!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ordered the Kit for the H2 from Stop grip in black. I didn't want to be able to see the glue behind the clear. On my 10 you can see it so I fugured this might be best.....now if I can only get my self to actully stick it on there. Lol

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Pics of stompgrips H2 kit plus tank protector. My entire tank is covered w/ expel clear film so placed the tank protector is a little high to protect against laying on the tank/jacket zippers, etc. Think stomp grip made the side pieces to cover the places where your legs would be & not necessarily following the lines of the tank but it was easy to get right on the first try & functions great. I orderd black. The tank pieces are kinda glossy & the trim pieces are more of a flat black to match the trim. I'll post a bunch of pics so you can see it from both sides & all angles:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I installed them on my girl also and I'm very happy with them but to be honest I think they did a shity job fitting them to the sides of the tank.....they didn't match the lines of the fuel tank. It looks like they are from some other bike rather than made especially for the H2..... Just sayin

Reactions: rapidroy1

·
Registered
267 Posts
Installed the Clear Stompgrips today.straight over the top of the Xpel sheets.
Hoping the adhesive will look a bit cleaner after it cures,but still happy and they feel great.
Pictures were taken immediately after install and the pics actually make the adhesive look worse than it actually is.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Installed the Clear Stompgrips today.straight over the top of the Xpel sheets.
Hoping the adhesive will look a bit cleaner after it cures,but still happy and they feel great.
Pictures were taken immediately after install and the pics actually make the adhesive look worse than it actually is.
Sorry but I prefer it in black ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts